Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Ha yeah I know all about having long arms and sucking at bench press, I have a huge fucking wingspan. The thing about Adams though is there were other guys with similar to longer arms that put up way more reps according to reports. Again I think its over rated, as long as he can hold a 300lb man off for 5 seconds or so he'll be just fine.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are ruining college football one rule at a time

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7611324/ncaa-moves-kickoffs-30-yard-line-35

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kickoffs in major college football will move from the 30 to the 35-yard line next season, a change intended to keep players safer.

The change was approved this week by the NCAA playing rules oversight panel, which also said the running start by players on the kicking team will be limited to 5 yards.

The NFL moved up kickoffs 5 yards this past season and touchbacks increased dramatically. Another new NCAA rule involving free kicks will move touchbacks from the 20 to the 25-yard line, a move intended to encourage more touchbacks.

The panel also approved a rule that will require a player who loses his helmet during a play to leave the game for one play, and there are also new guidelines regarding blocking below the waist and blocking on punt returns.

Players will also be prohibited from leaping over blockers when trying to block punts.

Didn't they just move the kickoffs back a few years ago which resulted in less touchbacks and now they're reversing it to encourage more? lolncaa

Also, OSU had some combine-style testing recently and the top 3 benchers were...

John Simon - 38 reps

Reid Fragel - 33 reps

Corey Linsley - 30 reps

Fragel is a very similar build to Adams as far as wingspan (also read he's up to 297lbs.) and put up 14 more reps than him. It's not gonna stop Adams from being a good NFL pro just shows the kind of potential Fragel has in his 1 year as OSU's starting LT.

Wow, I remember when Ray was being recruited he was supposedly the most explosive player to ever come out of Glenville (those words were from Ted Ginn Sr). I only remember him having a couple big plays in his career here at tOSU. If anything I remember this more then anything he did good

I havent heard anything about the transfer, I was wondering the same thing earlier today actually.

I think that was the first live football play I watched where I thought the kid was dead. At this point... too bad he wasn't.

And I don't think anyone is going to get a name on the transfer until it does/doesn't happen. He'll be in by the start of spring football if he comes.

Ray Small arrested on 33 in Meigs county with a bunch of Oxy, Heroin and a gun. Most likely was a drug mule.

Hadn't seen the details yet, but I'm not surprised. It's sad, but I don't feel sorry one bit. He was NOT a stand up guy or good team mate while he was at OSU. Selfish is the word that comes to mind when I hear his name. Maybe daddy will come out and bitch about this too.

Wonder how they are going to get a highschool dropout in academically lol. I just read somewhere that he is enrolled at another school and is blaming it on his teammates and coaches not liking his decision...idk kid sounds like a headcase and not worth the hassle

Wow, I remember when Ray was being recruited he was supposedly the most explosive player to ever come out of Glenville (those words were from Ted Ginn Sr). I only remember him having a couple big plays in his career here at tOSU. If anything I remember this more then anything he did good

I was at that game lol. He got laid the fuck out!

Ray Small was a fucking faggot. When he first got recruited I thought he would be the shit, but he ended up being an underachieving punk ass daddy's boy.

Looks like Kerry Coombs will be filling Sheridan's spot. Another old white dude. I'm pretty surprised that Meyer's staff is actually less "diverse" than Tressel's was. He was Cincy's best recruiter though.

I honestly thought he would grab Zook

I honestly thought he would grab Zook

Would have been pretty crazy...lol. I saw his name pop up a few times but never more than just "Would Meyer take Zook?" Dude was an incredible recruiter and that's the first requirement to be on Urban's staff. Lots of people say Urban owes that first title at Florida to Zook's recruiting. Could have thrown him a bone to bring him back home.