Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I was watching Florida vs South Carolina and heard Driskel being compared to Tebow. BTW after watching the Florida vs SC game today I have sadly come to the conclusion that the SEC is simply on a different level. The players in the SEC look bigger and faster. I have just been in denial the better part of 6 years lol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching Florida vs South Carolina and heard Driskel being compared to Tebow. BTW after watching the Florida vs SC game today I have sadly come to the conclusion that the SEC is simply on a different level. The players in the SEC look bigger and faster. I have just been in denial the better part of 6 years lol

Clowney is a demi-god. Dude is seriously really good.

South Carolina is still one of those perinnally fraudulent programs. Va Tech, Georgia, S. Carolina.

Well shit, can you just change the name of this thread to "The Official 2012 OSU Football Thread

And don't forget the emphatic "the"... I know how you OSU dorks love that.

Ermahgerd... a website with a bunch of guys from Columbus is filled with OSU fans. Who knew?

One less undefeated team in Ohio tonight. :lolguy:

The following post is about The Ohio State University football team. Fans of any other football programs in Ohio may want to skip it...

Looks like Braxton is fine and going to play. All the reports yesterday saying he was cleared and passed all the tests and was released were still followed with doubt and the possibility that he'd still be out a while.

Really strange situation. Kid looked awful, was carted off the field, was taken to the hospital by ambulance and just... he's fine and going to play.

Thought this was interesting enough to post...

nevada says if Chizik gets canned at Auburn not to be surprised if Urban makes a run at him for DC.

He was in charge of Auburn's defense in 2002-2004 (Auburn was undefeated in 2004 with the #1 scoring defense and #5 total defense in the country) then a co-DC/asst. HC at Texas in 2005-2006 (Texas went undefeated in 2005 with the #8 scoring defense and #10 total defense up from #18 and #23 the year before) before starting his HC career.

so Guiton(sp) leads scoring drives 90% of the time or Braxton who barely wins game facing subpar teams? I'm not an OSU follower since I'm not from here, but I would personally look for any excuse to get Braxton on the bench.

Klein is terrible I will agree with that haha.

I'll never understand why Klein even sees the field. He's fucking awful

If I could punch 2 people in the face on this earth with no reprocussion, the first would be beyonce, the 2nd would be their backup QB, robert marve. Something about his face just makes me wanna punch it.

+1, I want to punch him right in the mouth

Could Mark May be anymore of a douche seriously?

Same with Mark May. i want to smack those glasses right off his douchey face

Even excluding todays performance, I would feel comfortable having Kenny Guiton as a starter.

Guiton is underrated as hell. I've always been a fan

I was watching Florida vs South Carolina and heard Driskel being compared to Tebow.

Yeah I groaned at that. Some people call him a Chris Leak/Tim Tebow hybrid, which is also pretty stupid. Yeah maybe he has Tebow's size and Leak's accuracy, but that's about it. He's a completely different style of quarterback, especially his running style. Way faster than Tebow and much less physical of a runner. He has Leak's touch, but a much stronger arm.

Once he learns how to read defenses and make quicker decisions, he will be a very good dual-threat QB. For being so raw and inexperienced, I'm very impressed with how well he takes care of the ball and how accurate his throws are.

so Guiton(sp) leads scoring drives 90% of the time or Braxton who barely wins game facing subpar teams? I'm not an OSU follower since I'm not from here, but I would personally look for any excuse to get Braxton on the bench.

I wouldn't go that far, but I think if Guiton got a real chance, he would prove that he deserves to start. The thing with Braxton is that he's still a pretty raw sophomore and has plenty of room to grow as a passer, so I'm sure they will stick with him even if Guiton plays really well (assuming Miller misses any time with injury). Pryor improved quite a bit as a junior, maybe Miller will too. I still like Guiton more though

Oh and for the triple, since we're talkin quarterbacks...

http://www.trbimg.com/img-1349841249/turbine/os-photo-jeff-driskel-lsu-1009

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1598837/21-BCS_Standings_Box.jpg

Yep, Florida is for real! GO GATORS