Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

He's been rushed the whole game.

And to be fair, that kick return by Purdue was an absolutely gorgeous return by them. Perfect blocking and a perfect run. One of those "sometimes it just happens" plays.

I wouldn't say perfect, there was a holding call that wasn't called that should have brought the ball back to their own 5 yeard line. Just watch the 1:08 mark.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say perfect, there was a holding call that wasn't called that should have brought the ball back to their own 5 yeard line. Just watch the 1:08 mark.

How is getting away with a slight hold not perfect?

Oh and for the triple, since we're talkin quarterbacks...

http://www.trbimg.com/img-1349841249/turbine/os-photo-jeff-driskel-lsu-1009

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1598837/21-BCS_Standings_Box.jpg

Yep, Florida is for real! GO GATORS

Miraculous turnaround considering all the Gator fans and Gator media said Urban bolted and left you guys with no talent...lol.

Florida is pretty good, if they can beat UGA I think they will face Alabama/LSU for a spot in the National Championship game.

Lots of good games this weekend:

#2Florida vs #10 Georgia

#14 Texas Tech vs #3 Kansas St

#9 Ohio State vs Penn St

#5 Notre Dame vs #8 Oklahoma

#11 Mississippi St vs #1 Alabama

Juiced, the Cincy vs Louisville game might be a good one too and its on a Thursday night so i'll say Cincy beats the ranked Louisville team

Only if we have better QB play....

Hey, we were ranked, before we played UT... :lol:

I said before the UT game, it was going to be a tough one. They are 'underrated' for being a small team. Hell, their only loss is to a PAC-12 team, in overtime, at Arizona. The same Arizona team who kept up with Stanford (but also had some other bad losses, granted). So props to them, but dammit, my Bearcats should have won.... Hopefully Legaux figures out how to throw....

Injury updates from Urban Meyer:

- Braxton Miller is very sore, sore neck to be specific due to that whiplash effect. But he is expected to practice Tuesday

- Etienne Sabino is out. Zach Boren will still play defense

- Josh Perry and Corey Brown should be good to go

- Devan Bogard out for the year with an ACL tear

Injury updates from Urban Meyer:

- Etienne Sabino is out. Zach Boren will still play defense

- Josh Perry and Corey Brown should be good to go

Big chance for Josh Perry to step up. We are going to need these linebackers playing at their best to beat Penn State.

Speaking of linebackers, anyword on Mike Mitchell yet? I thought he was going to commite to tOSU. What happened to that?

His recruitment has gone quiet honestly.I asked Zack about him a few pages back to see what Nevada had to say and apparently he think's he is still a Buckeye. I know a lot of people think Oklahoma has stepped in and is neck and neck with OSU and the advantage for them is being closer to home in Texas. Others think OSU leads with his brother in the basketball world so they might be a package deal.

Pretty cool video of Urban/the team after the win on Saturday...

I think Mitchell might be saving his visit for the Michigan game then he can commit and everything on the visit or after. Either that or it's just not going to happen.

One of the best LB's in the country for the 2014 class has supposedly had OSU as his favorite for a long time but now he's saying it publicly... OSU is the clear leader. Raekwon McMillan out of Georgia. Kid is a prototypical SEC LB. The kind you see Bama trot out year in and year out like it's nothing.

Miraculous turnaround considering all the Gator fans and Gator media said Urban bolted and left you guys with no talent...lol.

Most of us never said anything like that, although it should be noted that a very large reason for the team's success is the contributions from underclassmen (Muschamp recruits). Even if we did say that, it would be no different than saying Meyer turned around Florida pretty quickly considering he won the national title with Ron Zook's recruits.

I think the majority of us were just unhappy with the way Urban left. I do think his health problems were legitimate, but he should have stayed "retired" the first time and all would have been fine; it's his un-retirement that led to the disastrous final season in Gainesville. That's what left a bad taste in our mouths.

He quit early that season when he realized he shouldn't have come back. His uninspired coaching had stone legs John Brantley running the option, an offensive line coach calling plays when he had ZERO business doing so, a divided locker room, underachieving and undisciplined players (on and off the field), a team that played soft and unprepared, etc. He set the program back a couple years.

"undisciplined players (on and off the field), a team that played soft and unprepared, etc."

Some of those same things are happening here at OSU, lots of personal fouls in games, Stonerburner and Mewort peeing in public, Klein getting caught up in a bad situation. Rumors of divided locker room have poppped up since Boren has been moved to linebacker, with many saying Urban has favorites (Braxton, Simon, Boren). A team that doesnt look focused in games and doesn't play very mean. Not saying any of this is true but a lot of similarities.

Zack, isn't Raekwon part of a big time package deal? I know him and a few other big time recruits have openly stated they plan on playing college ball together. Landing one of them early would bold well for any team in getting the other guys to follow. I think 2014 might be the best class at OSU in quite some time, its absolutely loaded with guys that love OSU

DB Gareon Conley who is a Michigan verbal has just been offered by OSU and the Michigan board is all pissy about it haha

Most of us never said anything like that, although it should be noted that a very large reason for the team's success is the contributions from underclassmen (Muschamp recruits). Even if we did say that, it would be no different than saying Meyer turned around Florida pretty quickly considering he won the national title with Ron Zook's recruits.

I think the majority of us were just unhappy with the way Urban left. I do think his health problems were legitimate, but he should have stayed "retired" the first time and all would have been fine; it's his un-retirement that led to the disastrous final season in Gainesville. That's what left a bad taste in our mouths.

He quit early that season when he realized he shouldn't have come back. His uninspired coaching had stone legs John Brantley running the option, an offensive line coach calling plays when he had ZERO business doing so, a divided locker room, underachieving and undisciplined players (on and off the field), a team that played soft and unprepared, etc. He set the program back a couple years.

The lack of appreciation from Florida fans is ridiculous. He set the program back a couple of years? Urban won you two national championships and returned Florida to national prominence. Before that, you were just some place that Ron Zook lost a lot of games at.

BTW, were Florida fans pissed at Steve Spurrier for dropping Florida like an ugly girlfriend so that he could elope with the hot-assed NFL? Just wondering.

The lack of appreciation from Florida fans is ridiculous. He set the program back a couple of years? Urban won you two national championships and returned Florida to national prominence. Before that, you were just some place that Ron Zook lost a lot of games at.

BTW, were Florida fans pissed at Steve Spurrier for dropping Florida like an ugly girlfriend so that he could elope with the hot-assed NFL? Just wondering.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what he did, it's just a shame that things ended so badly. If you followed Florida closely his final lame duck season, maybe you would understand it more. I know it seems like we're ungrateful, but everything drastically fell apart his final year and he literally did nothing about it. I have no beef with Urban, I was actually glad he left.

Florida fans were never pissed at Spurrier when he left, nor will we ever be pissed at him for anything. He was the foundation of Florida's success. He took Florida football from the outhouse to the penthouse.

Jim Tressell only won a NC because he had John Coopers recruits, I miss the days of hearing that one haha

I don't like how the whole Tressel drama unfolded - but, then again, what Ohio State fan would? However, while I'm disappointed in that whole mess - for which he was at least somewhat responsible - I try not to allow that to completely diminish a lot of the good he did when he was here, which was win a shit ton of football games, a bunch of B10 championships, and a very respectable amount of bowl games, including BCS games.

Florida fans seem to toss the baby out with the bath water. I just don't get it. Sure, I wouldn't exactly pleased with how Urban left, but still - the dude did a ton of good for that football program.

I've said on here before and I'll say it again: I'll take Urban doing exactly the same thing here. Two national championships in five years and he can drop us like the ugly girlfriend.

I talk with several UF fans regularly and most of them have basically the same feelings you have. But there were tons of UF fans and UF media people who blamed Meyer for everything they could after he was announced as the OSU head coach. I remember a whole article dedicated to how Urban destroyed UF.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-09/urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

There it is. Read it months ago so don't remember everything that was in it. But right off the title talking about how Urban broke Florida football...lol. I just remember all of the OSU fans who saw the article saying... I sure hope Urban breaks OSU like he broke UF... you know, with 2 national titles and all.

Glancing at Florida's depth chart on Rivals (I know it can be extremely inaccurate) and all your starters are sophomores, juniors or seniors. The only sophomore who is starting for UF who committed after Urban retired is Marcus Roberson. The rest are all Urban recruits. There are 7 freshmen listed as backups at various positions which are obviously all Muschamp kids though.

I'm not saying the way Urban left/came back/left again didn't hurt UF... like you said, his final season and Muschamp's first were results of several different things, mostly related to Meyer not being 100%. Just people saying he broke the program or left no talent or whatever else they said because they were upset with how Florida performed in 2010 and 2011 is mostly ridiculous.

IMO, Urban is currently responsible for 2 undefeated top 10 teams. :gabe:

Zack, isn't Raekwon part of a big time package deal? I know him and a few other big time recruits have openly stated they plan on playing college ball together. Landing one of them early would bold well for any team in getting the other guys to follow. I think 2014 might be the best class at OSU in quite some time, its absolutely loaded with guys that love OSU

DB Gareon Conley who is a Michigan verbal has just been offered by OSU and the Michigan board is all pissy about it haha

Raekwon is seemingly pretty good friends with potentially the #1 recruit in the country for 2014. Virginia DE Da'shawn Hand. Not sure about anyone else but those 2 communicate for sure.

And I remember some rumblings about Conley de-committing from Michigan or wanting to visit elsewhere a couple weeks ago. OSU probably got wind of that and decided to get an offer out to him. Heard he was "soft offered" a couple weeks ago by the staff (whatever that means) but it's all official now.

Have said it before and I'll say it again... Urban just can't help himself. He lives off of flipping recruits...lol.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what he did, it's just a shame that things ended so badly. If you followed Florida closely his final lame duck season, maybe you would understand it more. I know it seems like we're ungrateful, but everything drastically fell apart his final year and he literally did nothing about it.

Florida fans were never pissed at Spurrier when he left, nor will we ever be pissed at him for anything. He was the foundation of Florida's success. He took Florida football from the outhouse to the penthouse.

Granted, I'm not the expert on all things Florida football - or football anything, for that matter! - so I'll have to accept what you say about how insiders there view the situation. However, I'd think that the situation between Meyer's last year at Florida and Tressel's last few months here were similar: both had a lot of success, both left under far less than desirable circumstances, and both were viewed as being blameworthy for the ills that they left behind. However, I don't see Tressel getting all the heat that Urban gets. Maybe it's because Tressel isn't back in coaching yet and him remaining out of the limelight also keeps him out of the bullseye. Or, it could be that Florida fans are just delusional. :)

Zack I will try to find the article about Raekwon and his buddies. They tweeted one night about how they were going to go to school together and people were gonna be suprised when they saw where. Give me a few and ill post up what I read.

I too would take 2 NC's in 5 years but I dont think its very likely, especially with the way this defense is playing and the fact that I dont see it improving a whole lot next year unless some LB's step up big time. Also if Hankins and Roby leave then the defense is going to be even worse as those 2 aong with Simon are easily the 3 best players on the D right now.

""He states his closest friends in the recruiting process are Clifton Garrett, Drew Barker, and Dante Booker, all of whom are leaning towards going to Ohio State or have them at the top""

Core 6 Athletes @core6athletes: @CG340 Dante Booker said he's in.

Clifton Garrett @CG340: @core6athletes We good

Core 6 Athletes @core6athletes: @CG340 Decent 2014 lb corps

Clifton Garrett @CG340: @core6athletes More like un stoppable

Raekwon McMillan @Kwon_daTRUTH: @core6athletes @cg340 I'm in too

Clifton Garrett @CG340: @Kwon_daTRUTH @core6athletes Lets do this!