Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And? They had to opportunity to fix things and they didn't. That's my point.

Except there was no opportunity because ot wasn't going to happen. Not even on the table. Not an option.

They have an opportunity to get rid of the stupid fucking names and just re-name them East and West. No, it doesn't have to make complete sense geographically. Just fucking ditch the dumbass Leaders and Legends shit.

+1, Legends and Leaders sounds like something a high school band dork came up with while playing World of Warcraft

They have an opportunity to get rid of the stupid fucking names and just re-name them East and West. No, it doesn't have to make complete sense geographically. Just fucking ditch the dumbass Leaders and Legends shit.

Someone on scout suggested that eventually there will be four 4 team pods. You could do West, North, Central, East.

West:

Nebraska

Illinois

Purdue

Iowa

North:

Michigan

Michigan State

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Central:

Ohio State

Indiana

Northwestern

Penn State

East:

Rutgers

Maryland

team 15

team 16

Someone on scout suggested that eventually there will be four 4 team pods. You could do West, North, Central, East.

West:

Nebraska

Illinois

Purdue

Iowa

North:

Michigan

Michigan State

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Central:

Ohio State

Indiana

Northwestern

Penn State

East:

Rutgers

Maryland

team 15

team 16

Then what? a 4 team playoff inside the conference? I think you need to keep it to two, just do a better job of re-aligning the conference. Change the damn name too lol.

That was my question as well, do you do a 4 team mini playoff to decide who goes to the conference championship game? The logo and everything will need to be changed...again. I also agree that the big10 is a dumb name. I was thinking maybe they could keep it as there is teams in 10 states now, but once you add Rutgers and 2 more should they come that goes out the window.

The Big what though? 14, 16, can't be seriously thinking they keep it called the Big 10 when theres 14 damn teams lol

It's just a brand at this point. I doubt it will be changed.

btw I heard this fact as well. Maryland's all time record against the Big Ten...4-44-1 :lolguy:

That's because they used to get the shit kicked out of them regularly by PSU. Was playing a game earlier with my PSU friend and he was making fun of their chancellor talking about the great rivalry they used to have with PSU. Then he told me their record vs. PSU... 1-35-1 or something like that. So they're 3-9 against the rest of the B1G...lol.

What are you talking about no opportunity? There were talks about conference re-alignment and which is happening. The option WAS there.

If its not an option, how is the option there?

The Big what though? 14, 16, can't be seriously thinking they keep it called the Big 10 when theres 14 damn teams lol

You don't need a number after it. The B1G. Done. The logo pays homage to the original ten, while being mathematically sound.

Yeah, I don't think there's much utility in complaining about the B10/B1G having 14 or 16 or 187 teams. It's a brand. That's like complaining that Nike makes more than shoes or Apple makes more than computers. Brand, people, brand. B1G, leave it at that, move on.

Now, who's next?

If the B1G and the SEC were smart - and ultimately I think they are - they should collude and change the landscape in such a way that ND is forced into the B10 and Texas is forced into the SEC. Not exactly sure how they do that, but if I'm Delaney then I'm calling Slive and being like, "Dude, let's work this shit out."

Interesting email from the University...

Email Title: Athletics Conference Realignment

Dear UC Community,

Given the recent developments in athletics conference realignment, I want our Bearcat family to know that we are not only closely monitoring the situation but also working proactively to protect and serve the best interests of the University.

Our message to the broader community is that UC is firmly committed to competing at the highest level, both on and off the field. From our research profile to our number of national merit scholars, UC stands tall as one of the top public research universities in the nation. Moreover, we are building a remarkable amount of momentum, as evidenced by our 17 spot leap in the U.S. News & World Report ranking over the past two years.

Also impressive is the heightened success of our athletic programs. Last year, for instance, UC ended the season with top 25 finishes in both football and basketball—a fact that only five other schools in the country can claim. Plus, the academic success of our student-athletes has never been stronger.

In short, UC has a terrific story to tell, and we will not miss an opportunity to share our aspirations and accomplishments with our peers.

During this time of fast-paced developments, as well as widespread rumors, I respectfully ask for your patience and understanding. Please know that we are doing all that we can to secure the best outcome for UC.

I deeply appreciate the input and support of our loyal fans as well as the tremendous efforts of our teams, coaches, student-athletes and athletic director.

I don't know what conference UC would fit in? Maybe the ACC?

That's what I would be thinking, as it is more of a traditional basketball power team. But right now of the 3 BE teams being considered to replace Maryland, you know UConn is in the driver's seat and it's probably a toss up between UC and UoL after that.

And to make my day worse, insider is saying that Butch Jones is on the list of candidates for the job at Tennessee... ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Great analogy....

UC is to football coaches as the BE is to conferences.... stepping stones for moving on to bigger and better....

Oh well, we 'should' always have our proud basketball program.... (with hope :/ )

Sucks to be stuck in the Big East (for now) for sure. Watched the Rutgers presser at 2pm today and they couldn't have been happier to latch onto a conference that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Would have been interesting to watch the Big East in the mid-2000's if VT and Miami would have stuck around. WVU, Louisville and Rutgers were flirting with national title game appearances under Rodriguez, Petrino and Schiano. Then Cincy was real strong under Dantonio and stronger for Kelly's short stint.

Right now (and I think this was discussed in here by others) Delaney wants to dismantle the ACC and try to force ND's hand. He might get some help from the SEC (take a couple teams out of FSU, Clemson, GT, etc.) but it's probably going to slow back down for a while moving forward.

Sucks to be stuck in the Big East (for now) for sure. Watched the Rutgers presser at 2pm today and they couldn't have been happier to latch onto a conference that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Would have been interesting to watch the Big East in the mid-2000's if VT and Miami would have stuck around. WVU, Louisville and Rutgers were flirting with national title game appearances under Rodriguez, Petrino and Schiano. Then Cincy was real strong under Dantonio and stronger for Kelly's short stint.

Right now (and I think this was discussed in here by others) Delaney wants to dismantle the ACC and try to force ND's hand. He might get some help from the SEC (take a couple teams out of FSU, Clemson, GT, etc.) but it's probably going to slow back down for a while moving forward.

as much as I hate ND(close 2nd behind Michigan) I wish they would join the B1G, but only because of their tradition & history