Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

The defense made a statement in the 2nd half, but the offense on the other hand did nothing to impress me. The one good thing about OSU not going to a bowl this year is it allows Urban to hit the recruiting trail a lot harder than other coaches will be able to. The 2014 class is looking like on paper it could be one of if not the best class Ohio State as ever landed. Just need a few kids to commit early to get the ball rolling and finish up the 2013 class

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I was very happy to see them win against Michigan and finish undefeated but they needed to make a statement in that game (and they had the opportunities to - game should have been a blowout really) if they wanted to get more respect in the AP.

Yeah, at least 3 of those 4 field goals should have been touchdowns. tOSU would have made a pretty bold statement to the AP.

Yeah if Ohio State curbstomps Michigan - like they could have - maybe it's a different story in the AP.

Well right now there shouldn't be any reasons for should have/ could have at this point. We are 12-0 and Urban is out recruiting. Can't wait tell next year.

The NCG is going to be a bust for me. I don't even know if I want to watch it. I don't like ND and I do not want a SEC team to win another NC.

Well right now there shouldn't be any reasons for should have/ could have at this point. We are 12-0 and Urban is out recruiting. Can't wait tell next year.

The NCG is going to be a bust for me. I don't even know if I want to watch it. I don't like ND and I do not want a SEC team to win another NC.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed some more.

In other news...

Since Rutgers and Louisville lost last weekend.... If UoL beats Rutgers this weekend and UC beats UConn, the BE will have a 4 way tie for the BE Championship :lol: (UC, UoL, Rutgers, 'cuse) - only half of those 4 being retained BE members (currently). If that happens, Cincinnati will have won outright or shared the BE title for 4 out of the last 5 years. :lol:

The UoL vs Rutgers game will also be the deciding game for who gets the BCS bid... which is how it seems to go down every year in the BE between 2 teams....

Rutgers - get accepted into B1G, immediately lose.

HONORING LEGENDS, BUILDING LOSERS

clearly a case of conferences being about money/location... both UC and UoL have better football programs than Rutgers, but Rutgers has a stronger local market... and off to the B1G they go... Same can be said for many of the schools in the ACC to Maryland I bet... I can't imagine any ACC (and obviously any BE) school turning down an offer to join the B1G

/whining about being stuck in the sinking ship that is the BE

clearly a case of conferences being about money/location... both UC and UoL have better football programs than Rutgers, but Rutgers has a stronger local market... and off to the B1G they go... Same can be said for many of the schools in the ACC to Maryland I bet... I can't imagine any ACC (and obviously any BE) school turning down an offer to join the B1G

/whining about being stuck in the sinking ship that is the BE

Cincinnati has a better football program than Rutgers?

Cincinnati has a better football program than Rutgers?

Yup.... Since UC joined the BE in 2005, we have 5-3 record against Rutgers, and have had a better conference and overall record 5 out of those 8 years (including Rutgers having the edge this year). UC also has won the BE title 3 of the last 4 years. So I would say that makes us a better team....

Also, if we win against UConn and win our bowl game, that will make us one of ~5 current teams in NCAA that has had 10 win seasons the last 4 out of 5 years.

Edited by JuicedH22

Yup.... Since UC joined the BE in 2005, we have 5-3 record against Rutgers, and have had a better conference and overall record 5 out of those 8 years (including Rutgers having the edge this year). So I would say that makes us a better team....

You could argue that, but as an entire program I would say it's fairly even. Now with Rutgers going to the B1G, I would expect in 10 years for them to be better than UC unless UC makes a move to get out of the shit Big East.

scUM applied for a medical red shirt for Gardner. Could see him for 4 more years.

Must be worried that their boy Shane Morris isn't going to produce on the field lol. BTW how does this kid get a medical redshirt? He played a lot this year, I thought you had to miss something like 80% of the season in order to gain a medical redshirt. He played more than that

Speaking of Michigan their schedule is no gimme next year:

Appalachian State

@ ND

Miami

Utah

@Indiana

Sparty

@Minnesota

Ped State

Iowa

@Nebraska

Northwestern

@Ohio State

All bolded ones are games I feel they could lose. I didn't bold App St cause I dont wanna jinx them, would love to see that upset again haha.

Appalachian State

@ ND

Miami

Utah

@Indiana

Sparty

@Minnesota

Ped State

Iowa

@Nebraska

Northwestern

@Ohio State

All bolded ones are games I feel they could lose. I didn't bold App St cause I dont wanna jinx them, would love to see that upset again haha.

You could argue that, but as an entire program I would say it's fairly even. Now with Rutgers going to the B1G, I would expect in 10 years for them to be better than UC unless UC makes a move to get out of the shit Big East.

On the first part, what do you mean by "entire program"? If you are including other sports, like basketball... UC's resume is light-years better... I would agree they are competitive, but UC wins the head head to head competition for nearly the last decade... if by "entire program" you mean in history, I can agree it being fairly even. And I completely agree with the last statement that being in hte B1G will force/allow them to become a much better program in football.

Appalachian State

@ ND

Miami

Utah

@Indiana

Sparty

@Minnesota

Ped State

Iowa

@Nebraska

Northwestern

@Ohio State

You dont think they could lose against MSU?

EDIT: just saw your last post...

On the first part, what do you mean by "entire program"? If you are including other sports, like basketball... UC's resume is light-years better... I would agree they are competitive, but UC wins the head head to head competition for nearly the last decade... if by "entire program" you mean in history, I can agree it being fairly even. And I completely agree with the last statement that being in hte B1G will force/allow them to become a much better program in football.

Entire program as in entire football program since that's what we are talking about and what this thread's topic is. Cincinnati has had more recent success but I think Rutgers has just as much history as UC, maybe even more.

Must be worried that their boy Shane Morris isn't going to produce on the field lol. BTW how does this kid get a medical redshirt? He played a lot this year, I thought you had to miss something like 80% of the season in order to gain a medical redshirt. He played more than that

They are referring to his first year - or 2010, I think. (Not sure if those are one in the same, or even if either is accurate.) Meaning, it's not this year they are asking for a medical redshirt on, but a year or two ago when he only played like three games because of a back injury or something.