Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb, but pure instinct and great reflexes to catch a tipped pass. Ultimately, the bonehead award goes to the coaching staff who (presumably) told Murray not to spike the ball after it looked pretty clear what he was coming to the line to do...

Either way, GREAT game. I was hoping for the Bulldogs to win so we could see some fresh blood in the championship, but Roll Tide. Fuck Notre Dame. Georgia better get an at-large bid in one of the BCS bowls, at least.

Yeah, hate all you want but Notre Dame will handle their business when the time come. After the SEC championship game I am boldly predict that Notre Dame will win the NCG. Alabama need some shape up if they want to make it thru.

Wisconsin is beating the living shit out of Nebraska. 42-10 at half time. If Wisconsin manage to lose this one they should demote themselves to the MAC.

It's a complete joke....they're 7-5, finished 3rd in the leaders division and they're going to represent the B1G in the Rose Bowl. But Nebraska will still play a tough team in the Capital One bowl, Georgia or Florida. So they both can look forward to getting demolished next month.

Well, as worthless as it feels, after a shitty week for my Bearcats... At least they can say they have owned or shared the conference title 4 of the last five years... Over and/or with teams that are now B1G, B12, and ACC...

And as I said earlier, if they manage to win their bowl game, they are one of only five schools (including OSU and Bama) to have 10 game winning seasons 4 of the last five years.

Well, as worthless as it feels, after a shitty week for my Bearcats... At least they can say they have owned or shared the conference title 4 of the last five years... Over and/or with teams that are now B1G, B12, and ACC...

And as I said earlier, if they manage to win their bowl game, they are one of only five schools (including OSU and Bama) to have 10 game winning seasons 4 of the last five years.

I wouldn't be down if I'm a Cincy fan. They have a good program going. Just imagine what happen if coach Kelly is still there. It's just not fair for them to be in the same state with tOSU. How do you compete with tOSU?

Pretty impressive.

As for the end of the SEC title game... I don't think you can blame Richt as much as everyone is. Yeah, since it failed everyone is all over him for not giving the spike call. But I understand what he was trying to do and had it worked it would have been genius. Really, really, really dumb luck there.

Not nearly as bad as when Cal was highly ranked in the early or mid 2000's and they lost a game they absolutely shouldn't have because their QB actually scrambled and ran for like a 1 yard gain with about the same amount of time and no timeouts.

NIU fo' life!

Probably going to get raped much in the same fashion that Cincy did when they played Florida with Florida playing what they thought was their last game under Meyer and Cincy playing a game without their HC.

Just read an article on Doeren going to NC State... didn't know he was only 41. Also thought he might end up somewhere a little higher up the food chain than NC State.

As for the end of the SEC title game... I don't think you can blame Richt as much as everyone is. Yeah, since it failed everyone is all over him for not giving the spike call. But I understand what he was trying to do and had it worked it would have been genius. Really, really, really dumb luck there.

Not nearly as bad as when Cal was highly ranked in the early or mid 2000's and they lost a game they absolutely shouldn't have because their QB actually scrambled and ran for like a 1 yard gain with about the same amount of time and no timeouts.

I don't think luck has anything to do with that play call. It was a high risk play against the best and most disciplined defenses in the country and it failed.

I don't think luck has anything to do with that play call. It was a high risk play against the best and most disciplined defenses in the country and it failed.

The play that occurred is not the play that was called or even the throw that Murray tried to make. He was trying to throw it to the back of the endzone and was batted down at the LOS. The player that caught it in the flat should have made sure it fell incomplete. Wasn't really high risk at all, just a good defensive play to bat it down and an instinctive play to catch it.

If the following scenario happens, how likely will Ohio State be considered for a AP National championship?

Purdue beats Oklahoma St

scUM beats South Carolina

Nebraska beats Geogia

Wisconson beats Stanford

Mich St beats Miss

and Alabama beats ND

I think that in order to have a chance, Florida, LSU, and Texas A&M has to lose their bowl game as well... lol

I don't see many favorable matchup's for the B10 this bowl season :(

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Stanford

Capital One Bowl: Nebraska vs. Georgia

Outback Bowl: Michigan vs. South Carolina

TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl: Northwestern vs. Mississippi State

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: Michigan State vs. TCU

Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas: Minnesota vs. Texas Tech

Heart of Dallas Bowl: Purdue vs. Oklahoma State

None of the BCS games really excite me either outside of Kansas St/Oregon:

Orange: Northen Illinois vs Florida St

Rose: Wisky vs Stanford

Sugar: Louisville vs Florida

Fiesta: K. State vs Oregon

NCG: Alabama vs Notre Dame

Oklahoma was hardly screwed compared to the situation Georgia is in. Losing a conference championship should not count as a loss per BCS rankings, or at least it shouldn't knock you down below a team you beat that essentially has the same record as you. The BCS rewarded a team that didn't play. What in the actual fuck. Thank God we're almost done with this shit.

Although, I do agree that Oklahoma should be in a BCS bowl as well.

I thought going into the B1G championship game that the B1G had a chance to keep things close in some of the games. But then that game happened and 5-loss Wisconsin put up 70 on an actual division champ... no idea anymore.

And now Butch Jones is in talks with basically any school with black and gold colors it seems.

I thought going into the B1G championship game that the B1G had a chance to keep things close in some of the games. But then that game happened and 5-loss Wisconsin put up 70 on an actual division champ... no idea anymore.

And now Butch Jones is in talks with basically any school with black and gold colors it seems.

Apparently it's either Colorado or UC now, Purdue was dropped from discussion...

After sitting down and logically thinking about it, if he does leave for Colorado, I will be disappointed for the additional instability to our program, and once again right before the bowl game... However, I think there are actually a few other good coaching options out there (if we can get them in the midst of this turmoil). Jones is a good coach, but I do have a hard time putting him in the "great" category. He did go 9-3 two seasons straight, but recognizing it could have been better, and I know I have on several occasions disagreed with his playcalling/decision making.

In closing... god dammit we have to get into a stable AQ conference somehow...

The BCS rewarded a team that didn't play. What in the actual fuck. Thank God we're almost done with this shit.

Florida would still be in the playoffs over UGA, its not going to solve anything and I have been saying this since they announced it' a 4 team setup.

This year you would have:

Notre Dame

Alabama

Oregon ??

K. State ??

You would have 1 team who didn't even win their conference in the playoffs. You replace them with Florida and you have the same problem.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/11/29/college-football-playoff-mock-selection-committee/index.html

^^ 2 teams who didn't even win their conference, hell didn't even play in their conference championship game are in according to this mock. Talk about drama and some pissed off folks

"By the end of the 138-minute conference call, Livengood and the other athletic directors realized the myriad challenges that the selection process will present; many concluded that it will be more difficult than selecting 37 at-large teams in basketball. Among the biggest challenges: a finite number of teams that are difficult to compare; multi-million dollar stakes; lack of relative data; and potential conflicts of interest. "Wow, is this committee going to have pressure," Livengood said. "The thing that jumps out at me is that there are just four teams, it's not enough of a sample. I was not a proponent of going larger than four, and this changed my mind totally."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/11/29/college-football-playoff-mock-selection-committee/index.html#ixzz2E6GxsAox"

I'm with Josh on this one: I'm not sure why everyone - or anyone for that matter - is thinking that this "playoff" will solve anything. People, it's still a fucking popularity contest, plain and simple. If anything, then this new system allows more, not less, bias to creep in. Before you know it, the SEC will have all four teams in the playoff, LOL.

Apparently it's either Colorado or UC now, Purdue was dropped from discussion...

After sitting down and logically thinking about it, if he does leave for Colorado, I will be disappointed for the additional instability to our program, and once again right before the bowl game... However, I think there are actually a few other good coaching options out there (if we can get them in the midst of this turmoil). Jones is a good coach, but I do have a hard time putting him in the "great" category. He did go 9-3 two seasons straight, but recognizing it could have been better, and I know I have on several occasions disagreed with his playcalling/decision making.

In closing... god dammit we have to get into a stable AQ conference somehow...

If he leaves I'd love to see Hazell get the job.

I'm with Josh on this one: I'm not sure why everyone - or anyone for that matter - is thinking that this "playoff" will solve anything. People, it's still a fucking popularity contest, plain and simple. If anything, then this new system allows more, not less, bias to creep in. Before you know it, the SEC will have all four teams in the playoff, LOL.

If that EVER happened....I'd have trouble watching college football again.