Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Western Kentucky lands bobby petrino LOL

Over/under on how many months before he is back at a semi-"name" program?

Western Kentucky just a stepping stone. Probation if you will, or indentured servitude. My thinking is that a bigger name program didn't return his phone calls, so he realizes he has to start smaller and work his way back up.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"OSU junior defensive tackle Jonathan Hankins has declared for the NFL Draft today, choosing to bypass his senior season with the Buckeyes."

Just saw it on my facebook :( Can't say I blame him though, $$$ talks and you're only young once

Yup, I never begrudge players that leave early. Selfishly, of course, I want them all to stay for as long as possible, but reason dictates that there really isn't much of an issue here.

I posted up that I've seen him go anywhere from 5th overall to 17th and like normal, someone with a lack of reading comprehension pops up with a less than clever attempt of making you look like an idiot haha. I had to reitterate that I feel he goes between 10-15, but a lot depends on draft order. So far he hasn't replied back.

One mock draft has him 2nd to the Raiders FWIW

I posted up that I've seen him go anywhere from 5th overall to 17th and like normal, someone with a lack of reading comprehension pops up with a less than clever attempt of making you look like an idiot haha. I had to reitterate that I feel he goes between 10-15, but a lot depends on draft order. So far he hasn't replied back.

One mock draft has him 2nd to the Raiders FWIW

Yeah, I think he is a guy who is invited to the actual draft. He could go anywhere, but only based on need. He is prob a top 8-10 overall talent in this draft.

Exactly! I am anxious to see what Bradley Roby decides, I know a lot of Buckeye fans think he is first round talent, I dont disagree with that but also don't think he projects first round this year. I hope he comes back as he is my favorite player on the current team.

This explains the Munger commitment yesterday a little better

I feel like corner is a position where teams look for polished talent that can make a difference immediately. I think Roby can be that, but I think he needs another year, and needs to show he can return some punts or something

Big Ten Bowl Schedule

Minnessota

Texas Tech

Michigan State

TCU

Northwestern

Mississippi State

Purdue

Oklahoma State

Michigan

South Carolina

Nebraska

Georgia

Wisconsin

Stanford

Does anyone see a win in there? I think Michigan State could possibly take care of TCU in an extremely low scoring game, if Michigan shows up they could stand a chance against SC maybe? other than that, I could honestly see the B1G going 0-7 and solidifying their dominance as the biggest joke of a major BCS conference this year.

"OSU junior defensive tackle Jonathan Hankins has declared for the NFL Draft today, choosing to bypass his senior season with the Buckeyes."

Just saw it on my facebook :( Can't say I blame him though, $$$ talks and you're only young once

sucks to see him go, but to be honest I didn't think he was that impressive this season, he seemed to get hurt in almost every game and the few games he didn't get hurt in you never heard his name being called.

Big Ten Bowl Schedule

Minnessota

Texas Tech

Michigan State

TCU

Northwestern

Mississippi State

Purdue

Oklahoma State

Michigan

South Carolina

Nebraska

Georgia

Wisconsin

Stanford

Does anyone see a win in there? I think Michigan State could possibly take care of TCU in an extremely low scoring game, if Michigan shows up they could stand a chance against SC maybe? other than that, I could honestly see the B1G going 0-7 and solidifying their dominance as the biggest joke of a major BCS conference this year.

there's atleast 2 wins in there, and maybe room for an upset or 2 (but that's me being optimistic for the B1G :))

Bearcats 2013 Schedule is released... (bolded the better games)

Home:

Boise State

UCF

Connecticut (this could be good, depends on what UConn team shows up)

Louisville

Purdue (lol after the events last week)

Northwestern State

Away:

Memphis

Rutgers

San Diego State

USF (this one could be interesting depending on how new coach turns out)

Illinois

Miami (OH) (annual rivalry game, but we have beat them down the last near decade)

sucks to see him go, but to be honest I didn't think he was that impressive this season, he seemed to get hurt in almost every game and the few games he didn't get hurt in you never heard his name being called.

I felt the same way but in reality I know he was eating up double teams all day allowing guys like Shazier to get all those TFL's they had.

Was hoping to get some kind of "keeping the band together" effect like there was in 2007 when Laurinaitis and MJ returned but that's selfish because Big Hank will be a top 10-15 pick at least.

All indicators are that Roby is sticking around which is probably actually more important given OSU's lack of depth at CB. Tons of young DL talent on the roster, inside and outside.

Bearcats 2013 Schedule is released... (bolded the better games)

Home:

Boise State

UCF

Connecticut (this could be good, depends on what UConn team shows up)

Louisville

Purdue (lol after the events last week)

Northwestern State

Away:

Memphis

Rutgers

San Diego State

USF (this one could be interesting depending on how new coach turns out)

Illinois

Miami (OH) (annual rivalry game, but we have beat them down the last near decade)

Be interesting to see what Tuberville does in his first season. I liked him when he was at Auburn but he just didn't stand a chance once the conference had guys like Meyer, Saban and Miles running things.

Could probably bold the UCF game. They gave OSU some trouble this year. I know their best players and NFL-type prospects are probably graduated but they're still obviously going to be loaded with Florida kids.

And USF should be good too. Don't know how they are talent-wise right now but I know UCF fans felt pretty defeated when Taggart was named the new HC.

He played A LOT of snaps for a big DT like he is. I don't feel like he was injured that often, he did start every game for 2 years and I believed played in every game all 3 years.

His numbers were down a tad compared to last year but he was double teamed and held on nearly every single play. Same thing with John Simon, if you hae any games recorded go re-watch and see for yourself how many times those 2 were mugged by offensive lineman and didn't get the calls.

Be interesting to see what Tuberville does in his first season. I liked him when he was at Auburn but he just didn't stand a chance once the conference had guys like Meyer, Saban and Miles running things.

Could probably bold the UCF game. They gave OSU some trouble this year. I know their best players and NFL-type prospects are probably graduated but they're still obviously going to be loaded with Florida kids.

And USF should be good too. Don't know how they are talent-wise right now but I know UCF fans felt pretty defeated when Taggart was named the new HC.

Yea, it will be interesting. We are also losing some key players that are seniors. RB Robert Winn (big east leading rusher), TE Travis Kelce (leading receiver, broke a lot of Brent Celek's records), WR Kembrell Thompkins who is a beast of a WR (fortunately we have 2 juniors that are great as well). The biggest unknown will be at QB... Right now, we are back to Munchie, who if he could get coached into being consistent, could be great... he has flashes of brilliance, but then turns around and makes some terrible throws.

For some reason I thought we had played UCF in the past, but I looked, and was wrong... so yea, that could be a good FBS game. USF, as I noted, is always an unknown, they are the most bipolar team ever, the good news is we have beat them 6 of the last 7 years...

People seem to really like and respect Taggart though so USF could start climbing pretty fast again.

JUCO LB Tommy Sanders apparently tried to commit to OSU, announced it on his Twitter and everything but might not be getting in. JUCO kids are iffy because so much has to be checked and re-checked as far as transcripts and whatnot are concerned. Plus he's not a kid they've been recruiting too long so they have to do a little research. May very well end up in the class but right now it looks like he jumped the gun.

If he comes in then I'd probably back off on looking at Lee and Worley as potential LB's. Would probably be straight Star candidates.

Everyone still saying Trey Johnson and Mike Mitchell will sign with OSU. Then they've got at least 3 very high profile LB's favoring OSU for the 2014 class. Front 7 will always be a priority under Urban regardless of his DC.

... heading to ESPN....

Saw it on reddit... link to the story used there...

http://collegespun.com/national/report-big-east-conference-likely-to-dissolve-by-friday?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co#.UMoMw-TAeYV

Also, some non-Big East news that is just awesome and the best and sweet and super cool...

http://espn.go.com/colleges/osu/football/story/_/id/8740926/ohio-state-buckeyes-coaches-make-fashion-statement