Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have trouble watching it now...

I wouldn't mind seeing Alabama win this year again just because of the hatred I have for ND. I'd really like OSU to have a shot at knocking an SEC team off next year in the NC game since we're kinda the ones that started the reign.

Nick Saban is exceptionally close to achieving dynasty status at Alabama.

Quick story, which all of you can appreciate:

It was after the 2007 NC game where Ohio State just got beat by LSU. My buddy, who is also a die-hard Ohio State fan, and I watched the game, and afterward we are out drowning our sorrows in alcoholic beverages. In our wallowing and whining, we decide that - since the SEC seemed so good - we should just pick an SEC team to be our "new team." Of course, this is all tongue-in-cheek, but, that night, we made a decision. We thought, "Well, we can't pick Florida or LSU, because that would be obviously very 'bandwagon' of us, so it has to be someone else." After a fairly lengthy intoxicated dialogue, we eventually settled on Alabama. We chose them because Alabama had been pretty awful for a few years so no one could accuse us of being bandwagon fans. However, we also reasoned that we could like Alabama because they have a good history, are blue bloods, etc. So, for the rest of the night, we just went around obnoxiously shouting "ROLL TIDE" and stupid, pro-Alabama shit like that.

And, of course, since then, Alabama has proceeded to be the premier program in CFB. :lol: WTF are the chances?

It was after the 2007 NC game where Ohio State just got beat by LSU. My buddy, who is also a die-hard Ohio State fan, and I watched the game, and afterward we are out drowning our sorrows in alcoholic beverages. In our wallowing and whining, we decide that - since the SEC seemed so good - we should just pick an SEC team to be our "new team." Of course, this is all tongue-in-cheek, but, that night, we made a decision. We thought, "Well, we can't pick Florida or LSU, because that would be obviously very 'bandwagon' of us, so it has to be someone else." After a fairly lengthy intoxicated dialogue, we eventually settled on Alabama. We chose them because Alabama had been pretty awful for a few years so no one could accuse us of being bandwagon fans. However, we also reasoned that we could like Alabama because they have a good history, are blue bloods, etc. So, for the rest of the night, we just went around obnoxiously shouting "ROLL TIDE" and stupid, pro-Alabama shit like that.

And, of course, since then, Alabama has proceeded to be the premier program in CFB. :lol: WTF are the chances?

Hmmm, can you and your buddy have a pact and decide you want to be bearcat fans too?

I wouldn't mind seeing Alabama win this year again just because of the hatred I have for ND. I'd really like OSU to have a shot at knocking an SEC team off next year in the NC game since we're kinda the ones that started the reign.

Had this exact thought the other day. I think the championship game might actually be good and I'm going to watch it unlike last year where I didn't watch one second. But who do I want to win? I'd like to see the SEC lose because they need to be knocked down a peg or two. But do I want to see ND win? And all the crap that would come with that? Although, seeing Lou Holtz torment Mark May for the next year or so because ND won a title would be hilarious. But at the same time, just like you, I'd like to see OSU and Urban be the ones to end the reign next year. It's all pretty confusing...lol. But in the end I think I go with Bama and hope that OSU can make it to the game next year and end what they inadvertently started.

Yeah, of the lesser of two evils, I think I want Alabama to win. I'd hate to hear all the gloat pour out of Notre Dame nation about how they were the ones to put the reign of SEC terror to an end. Besides, everyone already thinks Alabama is god-like anyway, so one more NC really won't change much. They are reminding me of Nebraska in the mid-1990s, Miami of the early 2000s, and USC of the mid-2000s: pretty much unstoppable.

LOL

-Roll Tide.....

You'd don't think butch Jones could run a power run spread like urban is?

No, I think Butch Jones loves a run spread (why do you think we have had the top RBs (yardage) in the BE the last two, nearly three, years?) That's what he does at UC... I just didnt know if the current 'team' is built for a spread, or if they ran it at all. I dont follow much B1G these days, but traditionally other than Michigan maybe, they didnt do much, if any, spread offense...

No, I think Butch Jones loves a run spread (why do you think we have had the top RBs (yardage) in the BE the last two, nearly three, years?) That's what he does at UC... I just didnt know if the current 'team' is built for a spread, or if they ran it at all. I dont follow much B1G these days, but traditionally other than Michigan maybe, they didnt do much, if any, spread offense...

Montee ball set the record for rushing touchdowns in a career of that answers your question about running the ball

There was more behing Bielema leaving I think. Wisconsin was going down hill fast. I heard an interesting stat yesterday... Wisconsin had only 1 top 300 recruit coming in next year. Every other top program has 10+. Regardless, Bielema will be out of Arkansas in 3 years. Wouldn't be surprised if some Pac 12 school picks him up after, they seem to like the washed up coaches.

Will be interesting to see how Bielema does. He's going to have to adapt the SEC recruiting style immediately if he wants to do anything at all. As others have said, he cried about Urban's recruiting tactics the second he arrived on the scene. Well... get ready to deal with stuff 10x worse than anything Urban does in recruiting. Maybe he wants that and wants to be able to do it and get away with it. You can't get away with blatantly dirty recruiting anywhere outside of the south so maybe he decided if he was going to get the SEC-style recruiting up here minus the bags of cash he might as well dive in down there.

Glad to see Hazell land a BCS conference job. Hope he does really well and keeps moving on up. Couldn't believe it last night when I looked him up on Wikipedia and saw he was already 48.

Charlie Strong has to be the next Tennessee HC.

Charlie Strong has to be the next Tennessee HC.

Or not. Lots of reports saying he's working on an extension with Louisville now. Louisville getting into the ACC probably had a lot to do with him even considering sticking around.

Probably not good news for OSU and James Quick. :(