Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC hands down. Not hard to land recruits when your sales pitch is: "Welcome to USC, here we offer a chance to play in the NFL, win a Heisman, a conference championship, a national championship. The weather is always sunny and warm and we have real life barbies walking around campus"

Mike Mitchell will be announcing his commitment at the Army All-American game.

Here's a list for all the all-star games and the OSU commits/potential commits in them from the O-Zone...

Under Armour All-America Game

Friday January 4 (5:00 pm ESPN)

Ohio State Commits

DB Cam Burrows (6-0 206), Trotwood OH

DL Joey Bosa (6-4 260), Fort Lauderdale FL

ATH Gareon Conley (6-1 165), Massillon OH

ATH Jalin Marshall (5-11 196), Middletown OH

TE Marcus Baugh (6-4 229), Riverside CA

Ohio State Possibilities

LB Trey Johnson (6-1 215), Lawrenceville GA

S Vonn Bell (6-0 190), Rossville GA

RB Dontre Wilson (5-10 174), DeSoto TX (Oregon commit)

S Max Redfield (6-2 181), Mission Viejo CA

U.S. Army All-American Bowl

Saturday January 5th (1:00 pm NBC)

Ohio State Commits

RB Ezekiel Elliott (6-0 198), St. Louis MO

DT Michael Hill (6-3 315), Pendleton SC (Selected but will not play)

OL Evan Lisle (6-6 265), Centerville OH

P Johnny Townsend (6-2 200), Orlando FL

CB Eli Woodard (6-1 185), Voorhees NJ

Ohio State Possibilities

WR Shelton Gibson (6-1 175), Cleveland OH

LB Mike Mitchell (6-4 215), Plano TX

WR James Quick (6-1 180), Louisville KY

Offense-Defense All-American Bowl

Sunday December 30 (TV TBA)

Ohio State Commits

S Jayme Thompson (6-2 183), Toledo OH

WR Taivon Jacobs (5-11 165), Suitland MD

Ohio State Possibilities

LB James Hearns (6-3 230) (Florida commit), Tallahassee FL

Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl

Friday January 4 (9:00 pm NFL Network)

Ohio State Commits

QB J.T. Barrett (6-1 209), Wichita Falls TX

(Selected but will not play.)

Ohio State Possibilities

N/A

I bolded the names that nevada has as "====".

Verlon Reed has left the OSU football team. Sucks. Was hoping he would come back from his injury but I guess he just never could. 1 transfer down, probably a few more to go.

Also, something interesting came up on Scout while discussing all the possible upcoming LB commits (Mike Mitchell, Trey Johnson, Tommy Sanders). Curtis Grant's future may be at DE and the staff isn't very confident in more than about 1.5 of the LB's left on the roster going into next season (those 1.5 being Shazier, getting full confidence, and Perry getting the half...lol).

Even if he was a surprise offer or whatever, none of that matters. He looked like the best WR on the team before his injury. Had 9 catches in 5 games. The eventual leading receivers at the end of 2011 had 14 catches in 13 games.

2014 ATH Lonnie Johnson from Gary, IN is announcing his decision on Friday at 5PM. Will be a Buckeye. Almost certainly a WR. Will be a 4-star once the services update their rankings for 2014 and could go higher. Have read he has that kind of potential. Very raw.

Not that you bucknuts will care much, but here are the helmets for the Belk Bowl... pretty sweet IMO...

http://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/280785829704634368/photo/1

Not bad. Better than basically any alternative helmet OSU has used in the last few years. Was hoping for something with a matte finish/glossy finish combo. I'm a sucker for that (like Boise State's helmets for their game against UGA a few years ago with the "ghost" horse).

Not that you bucknuts will care much, but here are the helmets for the Belk Bowl... pretty sweet IMO...

http://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/280785829704634368/photo/1

I think those are cool. I'm not sure what that pattern/finish is called - and it's the red/black "checked" base of the helmet that I'm talking about - but I think it's awesome. I've noticed it on Oregon's helmets - and I think Notre Dame has used it as well?

In other big news for my Bearcats, Brandon Kay was granted his 6th year of eligibility! I look forward to seeing what he can do with a season to prepare as the starter. Playing under Tuberville's spread no less...

I almost think it's trying to be carbon fiber? I know when Oregon does it it's black and silver so it definitely looks like carbon fiber. You guys are Adidas though so I think the "checkers" are a little larger and less carbon fiber-y.

Yea, I am pretty sure that is what they were going for as well.

Now that I am looking on my PC, I also notice the claw marks on the helmet...

Wow, I didn't realize how much Danny Hope's salary was.. LOL To think that some DC in the B1G make nearly as much as him. Purdue needs to open up their wallet if they want to be some what competitive in the B1G.

Have read that they plan to do just that. Could be a reason for Jones to take a look. Would be pretty ridiculous though.

So I guess what I was reading was right. They didn't get Jones but Hazell will be making more than twice what Hope was per year and has more money to use to build his staff.