This probably wont go well, but what does...

Linc5.0

Who would you vote for if the election was today?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for if the election was today?

• Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Jon Huntsman
    • Rick Perry
    • Rick Santorum
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Barack Obama
    • Tim Lauro/not voting
    • Im moving to Canada

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is it about Newt and Mit that you guys don't like? IMHO its going to be one of them getting the republican nomination, and since Mit gets so much media hype I think he may end up. From just a "hype" standpoint Ron Paul seems to be the underground favorite because he sure isn't the mainstream media's. Quite honestly I haven't seen a clear message from any of them, but I won't vote for Obama.

IMO, the job of president doesn't pay enough, and thus the field of candidates suck. There are tons of smart people in the US, but none of them end up running for president. The pay isn't worth it.

Being Pres isn't about the money, its about the glory

So what is it about Newt and Mit that you guys don't like? IMHO its going to be one of them getting the republican nomination, and since Mit gets so much media hype I think he may end up. From just a "hype" standpoint Ron Paul seems to be the underground favorite because he sure isn't the mainstream media's. Quite honestly I haven't seen a clear message from any of them, but I won't vote for Obama.

Those two define "sleazy politician"

How about going an educating yourself lazy ass.

How about getting people's opinions and why they have them in addition to sifting through all the shit that the media puts out there, because its too easy to find propaganda then facts.

I do like Ron Paul but

a) Will he actually get nominated?

b) He's 76 years old.

So if he dies in office, who's going to be his VP?

For now, I said Obama.

Well, he is a doctor, I would like to think he would at least be able to tell if he was near death. Seems to be pretty fiery for 76, though. Chances of him getting nominated? If you had asked me 3 days ago, I would say that I still didn't think he had a shot at getting the nomination. Well, in the past 2 days alone he has gained significant media attention. There is still a chance to close the gap, I think. The problem is people like my mom, who only watch TV and won't do any research on her own, which is unfortunately the majority of people in this country, especially older folk. Most of Ron Paul's supporters are younger, in their teens, 20's, and 30's, and active users of the internet. I think many Romney supporters would jump ship if they knew more about Ron Paul, but like has been established, he is constantly ignored by the media. IMO, coming in second in New Hampshire really got the attention of the media.

I got chills from his "victory" speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2XeUiBDmbFk

Well, he is a doctor, I would like to think he would at least be able to tell if he was near death. Seems to be pretty fiery for 76, though.

He does seem fiery for 76. At that age anything can happen though, doesn't have to be a week or a month from now. Could be in a year or 2 or 3.

Ron Paul is cool, his message is solid, but he needs to connect with the people, which I believe he fails to do. Once he starts talking Economic theory, most people tune out and don't know what hes saying. On top of that, on occasion he does go on incoherent rants.