What the hell is that?

SpaceGhost

Given his reaction it appears to be a follow up visit to a recent surgery. Looks like a portion of a turbinate that was cauterized. I had sinus surgery that invovled that and I returned once per week to have shit like that pulled out of my sinuses. I never got a pic or video, but the last time he pulled out something that looked like a very large dead grasshopper.

Sounds gross and it was, but since my surgery, I rarely get colds and when I do I never even have to blow my nose. I was 70% blocked on one side and over 50% on the other. I never knew what it was like to breath so freely as I do now.

Given his reaction it appears to be a follow up visit to a recent surgery. Looks like a portion of a turbinate that was cauterized. I had sinus surgery that invovled that and I returned once per week to have shit like that pulled out of my sinuses. I never got a pic or video, but the last time he pulled out something that looked like a very large dead grasshopper.

Sounds gross and it was, but since my surgery, I rarely get colds and when I do I never even have to blow my nose. I was 70% blocked on one side and over 50% on the other. I never knew what it was like to breath so freely as I do now.

Was your septum an issue, or just the sinuses?

I've wondered about my nasal passages, etc, as well. I don't feel like I can breathe through there normally.

Was your septum an issue, or just the sinuses?

I had a deviated Septum on my right side from suffering two broken noses. As a result most of the airflow then shifted to my left. The human body is an amazing thing...the turbinate then grew 2x what they should have been to accommodate being used more but then began to block airflow.

The chiseled my right side with a hammer and pick and stuck a red hot poker up my left side. Okay, that's my take on it. Took about 6 weeks to fully recover and discover what breathing was meant to be like.

It hurt beyond believe on day two when the packing was removed and swelling kicked in. 5 days of sheer hell, but once the healing began and the selling went down, the only issues were I hated irrigating my sinuses. Nasty at first but it had to be done. Hosed out my head basically.

I've wondered about my nasal passages, etc, as well. I don't feel like I can breathe through there normally.

All the above said, I'd do it again. I've had ZERO issues since.

The chiseled my right side with a hammer and pick and stuck a red hot poker up my left side.

I would confess to any sin short of sodomy to avoid that. God, that sounds terrible!!!

And also, that vid is gross, but I can't even imagine how awesome it felt for that dude to get that shit out of his face.

When they pulled the packing from my sinus surgery, it felt like the ENT was pulling my brain out through my nose. I almost hit him. Fucker pulled one side out then immediately went for the other side, I knocked his hand away and told him to give me a minute. I had tonsils, adenoids, uvula removed, along with a deviated septum corrected all at once. worst pain of my life.

I had a deviated Septum on my right side from suffering two broken noses. As a result most of the airflow then shifted to my left. The human body is an amazing thing...the turbinate then grew 2x what they should have been to accommodate being used more but then began to block airflow.

The chiseled my right side with a hammer and pick and stuck a red hot poker up my left side. Okay, that's my take on it. Took about 6 weeks to fully recover and discover what breathing was meant to be like.

It hurt beyond believe on day two when the packing was removed and swelling kicked in. 5 days of sheer hell, but once the healing began and the selling went down, the only issues were I hated irrigating my sinuses. Nasty at first but it had to be done. Hosed out my head basically.

All the above said, I'd do it again. I've had ZERO issues since.

So, when I have my septum "fixed" next week I can expect a little "annoyance" with pain ;)

He is going to "remove" the > part of the bone and sew it back up. He said he will also "remove" the enlarged side due to compensation as you mentioned. He mentioned not being able to sleep well for a few days and that I would wonder why I had it done until I can actually breath correctly. We will see. Hopefully the 50 percocets do me well.

When they pulled the packing from my sinus surgery, it felt like the ENT was pulling my brain out through my nose. I almost hit him. Fucker pulled one side out then immediately went for the other side, I knocked his hand away and told him to give me a minute. I had tonsils, adenoids, uvula removed, along with a deviated septum corrected all at once. worst pain of my life.

Jesus. Do it once or not at all, huh?