Someday, you'll wish you owned these cars.

Dr. Pomade

The list isn't about how fast they are, or what they look like. Its talking about how they're limited production and in the future will be valuable. I'm sure people back in the 60's and 70's didn't think any of the new cars that were coming out were going to be valuable 20 years later. And look at some of them bringing in $100k.

So just because you wouldn't own one. Doesn't mean it's not going to be worth more down the road when they stop production.

trust me, i get it. i wouldn't call a 911 porsche a limited production car. same thing goes for the buick, and a few others. guessing which of these will be worth tons in the future is pure speculation at this point--especially with how auto companies like to throw around the terms 'limited edition', and nostalgic nameplates/etc in hopes of capturing those who are looking to buy collectibles. think of how many limited-run mustangs there are since 2000:::

mustang bullitt

mustang cobra R

mustang mach1

terminator cobra

roush mustang stages 1-3

saleen mustang

GT500

GT500-kr

GT500 supersnake

mustang GT350

mustang GT hertz edition

BOSS mustang

i'm sure there's a few i'm missing

trust me, i get it. i wouldn't call a 911 porsche a limited production car. same thing goes for the buick, and a few others. guessing which of these will be worth tons in the future is pure speculation at this point--especially with how auto companies like to throw around the terms 'limited edition', and nostalgic nameplates/etc in hopes of capturing those who are looking to buy collectibles. think of how many limited-run mustangs there are since 2000:::

mustang bullitt

mustang cobra R

mustang mach1

terminator cobra

roush mustang stages 1-3

saleen mustang

GT500

GT500-kr

GT500 supersnake

mustang GT350

mustang GT hertz edition

BOSS mustang

i'm sure there's a few i'm missing

Mustang LOL.

5.0l 2011+ low miles for a great price or C6 Vette or a 2010+ CTS-V are rides I put on my list of realistic rides that won't break the bank and are way better values vs any of the ones on this list new.

Well yeah, but that list isn't about value, it's about being potentially collectible down the road.

:megusta:

If they could have summed up why NOT to buy this car in one sentence, this would be it. it's a *Jeep* that sucks off-road, and they compare its performance against other overweight, over-sized, SUVs.

It's like saying "This Camaro might not win a drag race, but it's easily faster than your grandma's Buick!"

But her buick is on the list too! :gabe:

Well yeah, but that list isn't about value, it's about being potentially collectible down the road.

:megusta:

you're right....so let's see how many manual tranny regals Buick can sell :rolleyes: My money is on they won't be able to give them away, thus why they will have to keep production down. GM has rarely had success selling manual sedans. I grew up working in my parents old dealership and remember them trying to give away Oldsmobile Cutlass International Series with a 5spd. Same with Olds Achieva SC's. They sold a few here and there but ended up dealer trading them away.

you're right....so let's see how many manual tranny regals Buick can sell :rolleyes: My money is on they won't be able to give them away, thus why they will have to keep production down. GM has rarely had success selling manual sedans. I grew up working in my parents old dealership and remember them trying to give away Oldsmobile Cutlass International Series with a 5spd. Same with Olds Achieva SC's. They sold a few here and there but ended up dealer trading them away.

my first car was an olds cutlass supreme sedan with a 5spd. it was a super rare option, not worth shit though. glad I got rid of it. As a matter of fact the new owner has it on craigslist for 2k. :dumb:

my first car was an olds cutlass supreme sedan with a 5spd. it was a super rare option, not worth shit though. glad I got rid of it. As a matter of fact the new owner has it on craigslist for 2k. :dumb:

I remember my dad took an 1989 model with the Muncie transmission as a demo. Black/silver two-tone international series. It was a hot looking car in it's day but with a 125hp 2.8l V6 it couldn't get out of it's own way. At the same time he drove that I had my 83 black/silver Hurst Olds. That was a cool as car. I did love the 80's.

I remember my dad took an 1989 model with the Muncie transmission as a demo. Black/silver two-tone international series. It was a hot looking car in it's day but with a 125hp 2.8l V6 it couldn't get out of it's own way. At the same time he drove that I had my 83 black/silver Hurst Olds. That was a cool as car. I did love the 80's.

Mine had the Muncie 5 speed and the Quad 4 "high output" combo. It was quick enough to beat up on the ricer hondas in high school, but that's about it.

A friend of mine came "that close" to buying a new '83 H/O with a dealer installed 455. Now *that* unlike the cars on this list, would have been an investment :)