Spring 2012 Drag Day - SOLD OUT

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also who was the newb in the white subie that was driving straight threw the water box...not doing a burnout and dragging water into the launch area..?

I'm sorry, what would a burnout do for an AWD vehicle with no traction issues? Kinda difficult to get it to burnout too when it plants everything I throw at it :p I'm the 'newb'.

I'm sorry, what would a burnout do for an AWD vehicle?

What he's trying to say is if your not doing a burnout, you should drive around the water box as to avoid dragging water farther up the track. Its just a courtesy thing for the other drivers.

What he's trying to say is if your not doing a burnout, you should drive around the water box as to avoid dragging water farther up the track. Its just a courtesy thing for the other drivers.

Mmmk, gotcha. First time drag racing, so my apologies.

I came for a short time before I had to leave. Who drove the black supra? Seems like he or she.had a problem launching.

That's Bark on here. We need to get his antilag sorted out so it builds more boost off the line. He was building around 8psi IIRC and that just isn't enough to launch well with the big 28's he has out back.

Damn it. I wish I could have made it. My car is still only tuned off-boost. It runs well on the street but I rolled into about 2 lbs. boost the other day and it sounded like it was going to scatter. No more boost until I get a full-on tune.

sadface.png

That's Bark on here. We need to get his antilag sorted out so it builds more boost off the line. He was building around 8psi IIRC and that just isn't enough to launch well with the big 28's he has out back.

Yeah that was me. Like Alex was saying I was only getting about 8psi off the two-step at launch causing it to bog hard with the bigger slicks. I even had the slicks hooking while rolling out from a burnout causing me to stall, lol.

I wish I would have had more time to play with the launch but I developed a vacuum leak that we think we narrowed down to the intake manifold gakset (thanks Alex). For those of you that heard my car in the pits free revving to 3k rpms, that wasn't me being a tard. Looks like I'll be pulling the intake mani in the morning to check it out.

I also want to thank Doc too for providing lunch, much appreciated.

Mmmk, gotcha. First time drag racing, so my apologies.

No worries as it was your first time. But yea just drive around the water box since it drags the water to the line. Other then that u ran the car well all day.

Also one more umm concern, who was in the red new 5.0 thatw as doing a burnout in reverse :lol: ????

No worries as it was your first time. But yea just drive around the water box since it drags the water to the line. Other then that u ran the car well all day.

Also one more umm concern, who was in the red new 5.0 thatw as doing a burnout in reverse :lol: ????

Ugh..that was my dumbass. A little too much nerves early on.

• Casper unpinned this topic