"you mad bro?"

Rocky31186

US Code Title 18

§ 1705. Destruction of letter boxes or mail

Whoever willfully or maliciously injures, tears down or destroys any letter box or other receptacle intended or used for the receipt or delivery of mail on any mail route, or breaks open the same or willfully or maliciously injures, defaces or destroys any mail deposited therein, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

I worked as a garbage man for the city for 3 summers in college/grad school. It actually was a great job. An incredible workout--it wasn't uncommon to move 20+ tons of trash on a busy day. Fun as hell crushing tv's, etc. but people in general are complete fucking slobs. Things that piss off the garbage man::

Basically, anything nasty just thrown loosely in the can--rotten food, dog shit, kitty litter, loose diapers, etc. put that shit in a garbage bag before you throw it in the can. Otherwise, when it falls out of the can and on the road in front of your driveway most guys will just leave it. If they feel like a dick they might give your can a hard smack or two against the steel lip of the packer.

Don't stuff 100lbs of gravel in the bottom of your can

Don't stack wood out in front of your house with nails sticking out all over

Don't throw away paint or oil. As soon as we run the packer we will immediately know, come back to the last two houses, and you get fined

Imagine someone who has to unload 1000's of cans a day and make sure your can is easy to unload. I still remember a particular can made by sears that had a "lockable" lid that was attached to the can with hinges. We broke a lot of those cans on "accident"

Anyone who tipped us for holidays got "white glove" service. Completely empty cans, which we would set upright, put the lid back on, and make sure any loose trash was gone, even if it was in the yard

Sometimes I miss that job. I had not a fucking care in the world at the time