Official Golf Thread?

M0nk3y

Why not.

My Set-Up:

http://img.tapatalk.com/aee74259-2f6f-cc00.jpg

First time out on the range today, my swing (and you creepers can see what I look like)

I was lining up down the stakes (couldn't position the video completely behind me). Both Iron shots were about 2 yards right of the stakes landing (slight push). Driver shot was about 5-10 yards right...but rolled out to about stake location (if you were to draw a line down the stakes)(My natural Drive ball Flight).

If anyone sees anything, feel free to critique me. I don't want to develop a bad habit early.

7 Iron Shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy9snXIzfcw&feature=channel

5 Iron Shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUEYG0V99CI&feature=channel

Driver Shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UR7cZSPVTk&feature=channel

Ill play, AP2 iron, vokey wedges, G10 driver, yes! putter. all built by myself custom fit blah blah blah. Went to states senior year, havent played much this last year but am making it a point to get as much in this year as possible. Ive got a bad habbit of over turning and letting my wrists fall behind when I swing through (leaving the ball out to the right)

Looks like you dip a little at the bottom of your swing, and try to keep your left knee more solid through the swing.

I use xmd by lynx and am heading out of the office early today to play winding hollow in new albany. did any of you see the groupon for an electronic swing analysis over at sports ohio? I look forward to using that.

Last year was my first year playing, i joined a work league. 9 holes every monday. I was horrible starting out, i think my greatest was a 76 or something for 9, yeah, that bad.

I had my best day about midway through, hit in the high 30's I think. Settled back into the high 40's for the rest of the season.

My form tends to slide a little bit for 18 holes, I get a little tired and a little drunk and leads me to my best score of 103.

My clubs are shit, hippo driver, no-name irons (literally couldnt even find them with a google search). But I got a nice putter for christmas, so I'm hoping it evens out my putting a little.

This year I am playing the following -

- Nike Vapor X Bag

- KBS C-Taper Nike VR CB forged Iron set, Golf Pride velvet grip

- VR Pro Platinum DG Spinner shaft wedges

- Nike Custom (tour shafts) VR Pro Limited Edition Driver / Wood/ Hybrid

- Nike Method Core Drone 43" Belly Putter

- 20 XI-S Balls

Can anyone tell I sell Nike Golf Products ;)

If anyone wants anything Nike Golf related let me know I will take care of CR members!

I have all kinds of product in stock!

- Nike Vapor X Bag

- 20 XI-S Balls

If anyone wants anything Nike Golf related let me know I will take care of CR members!

how much of a difference would you say quality irons make? I'd really like to get a better set, but I'm definitely a budget player and a novice. My iron game is pretty strong though with my shit clubs, just wondering.

how much of a difference would you say quality irons make? I'd really like to get a better set, but I'm definitely a budget player and a novice. My iron game is pretty strong though with my shit clubs, just wondering.

Never seeing you play, it is hard to say.

I would bet though a true full cavity back and a nice stiff shaft (not sure on your club speed) would yield better ball control and distance. This is the case with most Sunday golfers, I would almost put money on it.

These clubs are sick :) (and I can get them to CR guys cheap)

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikegolf/en_US/products/details?sku=gi7589

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/golf/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_large_image/article_images/nike_vrs_irons.jpg

- Nike Vapor X Bag

- 20 XI-S Balls

This guy is not a golfer. He's a salesman. :cool:

I have old beat clubs and would wager with anyone here. :)

-Marc

only happens if i follow through.. if i dead stop after connecting then its halfway decent and goes some distance.

It's probably you releasing your wrists and rolling the club over. So when you come through the ball your club face isn't perpendicular to the ball. There can be alot of options

It's a good practice to take half swings to make sure you come through the ball straight

I have played golf. I'm ok at golf and like to hit things. People that are all GOLF; I just want to see it rain artilery rounds down on the course while they play. Then, I think it might be more fun.

I find it funny the slight hate for golf I have and can't see why it's posted on here. Then the reality is this, guns don't belong on here either, yet that something I enjoy reading and seeing on here.