what would you do?

The_buster

Yeah yeah.. good thing I bought one when I did though. Now the wifes car is down.. anyway. I was told it would be best to rebuild it because it may be the rings or valve seals. And since I'm gonna tear it down to fix either might as well be rebuilt.

Take the price you paid for that car. Now add the $800 a rebuild will cost you. Add the price of the insurance for the time the car is down. Add the cost of oil you put in the car. Add the time you have to put into fixing this car.

Once you have your total, think about what you could have bought for the same amount you have invested in that car. Now you have an idea what we'd all do.

What motor? Does it smoke? Leak? Smoking on hard throttle or when you let off of the gas still in gear?

What I'm getting at is, if it's just valve seals, it's no where near $800. $30 in gaskets, $12 in coolant, $20 in oil/filter, however much the valve seals are, and about 5hrs of your time.

Take the price you paid for that car. Now add the $800 a rebuild will cost you. Add the price of the insurance for the time the car is down. Add the cost of oil you put in the car. Add the time you have to put into fixing this car.

Once you have your total, think about what you could have bought for the same amount you have invested in that car. Now you have an idea what we'd all do.

lulz

we gave you advice months ago and you didn't follow it. what will be different this time?