this is why you don't grip under the mag

copperhead

If the lack of control you have over the gun while using a cup and saucer type grip isn't enough to deter you, maybe this video will. Any handgun can have a kaboom from either a squib and subsequent shot or overcharged round, and the mag ejecting is common in this situation. Imagine the force of that firing into your palm.

I saw something similar happen with a M4 once...it fired out-of-battery, and the remaining three rounds in the magazine either chain-fired or broke open and burned. The gas vented out the bottom of the magazine with enough force that pieces of the spring were driven so far into the top of the wooden shooting bench that you could run your hand over it without catching on them. Lots of little pieces of brass all over the place too.

I see people holding onto the magazine wells all the time. Those magwell grips that people are selling are a very bad idea.

Here are some examples of why you shouldn't have your hand near the magazine well...50,000 psi of hot gases can do some damage!

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/bronconation1/photo-4.jpg

^^

When i was in Basic Training a kid a few classes before me got his M9 Bore Brush stuck in the barrel of his M16... scared to say anything he thought leaving it in there would be a smart idea... you know, the bullet would just push it out. (lol) and well the Upper Receiver blew apart into several pieces and he prob has some pretty legit scars from it.

Darwin Wins