What kind of Male dog do you own?

ImUrOBGYN

You said that it's a bad thing, then cited other reasons. Not everyone breeds dogs to be shown, that would be ridiculous. You stated clearly that you don't like breeding dogs outside of their individual breeds.

For the reason of not being able to Show the Dogs or Register them. Sorry if I seemed unclear in what I said.

I understand not everyone breeds dogs to be shown. If you aren't looking for a show dog, go snatch up a shelter dog that could use a good home.

When it comes to a dog "breed purity" does not equal quality.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a dog. I would never buy a mixed breed Fila Brasileiro. I want the dog for what it was bred for.

Just the same if I wanted to pure Bloodhound for actual tracking. I would want the most pure and best qualities for tracking. Does that mean his health quality is the best, no. His quality of what I want out of him is the best.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a dog. I would never buy a mixed breed Fila Brasileiro. I want the dog for what it was bred for.

Just the same if I wanted to pure Bloodhound for actual tracking. I would want the most pure and best qualities for tracking. Does that mean his health quality is the best, no. His quality of what I want out of him is the best.

I dont think this thread was about "personal opinions"

Good luck on your breeding. Hope you find a great match

For the reason of not being able to Show the Dogs or Register them. Sorry if I seemed unclear in what I said.

I understand not everyone breeds dogs to be shown. If you aren't looking for a show dog, go snatch up a shelter dog that could use a good home.

It's all good, it just did seem pretty unclear. Now post pics of your Fila, I absolutely love that breed.

P.S. FWIW, I have 4 shelter dogs. One of them was a breeding bitch at an incredibly abusive puppy mill which she was able to escape from.

It's all good, it just did seem pretty unclear. Now post pics of your Fila, I absolutely love that breed.

P.S. FWIW, I have 4 shelter dogs. One of them was a breeding bitch at an incredibly abusive puppy mill which she was able to escape from.

Will have to upload them from home. At work right now. You should look into buying a Fila pup then. It is a shit ton of work, but I love my Fila. I don't know if I will own another breed ever again.

That is very nice that you rescue dogs like that. It is a great thing to do. I have fostered many dogs, but my 3 owned dogs we bought as puppies.

edit: Went to the breeders site and found the photo the breeder took of him

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m161/kshymkiw/184.jpg

Ok. lol Holy shit. I'll try to address a couple concerns though this isn't the place for many of your uninformed opinions...

In no particular order...

I have YEARS of proper breeding behind me and not just in dogs, but in everything from insects to horses. Not to mention running a small ranch, managing pet stores, schooling, etc. Trust me when I say my experience in animal husbandry far surpasses many of those on here. My girlfriend is also an animal reproduction major. Both of us are also trained AI people. We could even go that route and have the equipment if we had to.

I do not expect to make ANY money from this.

I don't even know where to begin in regards to the breed purity statements but I feel others have covered it pretty well though if I had time I would add to it considerably.

I dont just breed dogs for the hell of it. This is something that has been planned out for quite some time. All the pups will be accounted for and goto approved homes.

Both our current dogs are rescued dogs. One of them from a pound. Trust me when I say I've done my good deed when it comes to shit like that. Not only have many of my animals come from a shelter or have been acquired from those who could not care for them properly, but I've also volunteered at a few animal shelters including one of the largest in this country; Los Angeles county. Sure, I could get another, but I've chosen to own a puppy from my own choosing, from my own dog, who's traits etc, I would like passed, and I know the full origin, etc of my animals, their care, and so on.

So, though I do appreciate many of your concerns, they have all already been considered. To those who've had helpful replies/rebuttals and to those who know me, thank you. Now, if we can get back on topic, I'd truly appreciate it. ;)

My parents have this worthless little fuck. He doesn't wake up until at least noon, won't chase squirrels, and will stare at you with his stupid underbite smile.

http://i.imgur.com/ejv1Sl.jpg

If you want to breed some dogs that will grow up living on the equivalent of dog social welfare and food stamps, he's a pretty good candidate.

Christian should be called dr do little , He's great with animals and knows tons about them. Considering what I know about breaders (My aunt was a OEB breeder) I'd say christians skill set and abilities far exceed those of most of the breeders I've met

Ok. lol Holy shit. I'll try to address a couple concerns though this isn't the place for many of your uninformed opinions...

In no particular order...

I have YEARS of proper breeding behind me and not just in dogs, but in everything from insects to horses. Not to mention running a small ranch, managing pet stores, schooling, etc. Trust me when I say my experience in animal husbandry far surpasses many of those on here. My girlfriend is also an animal reproduction major. Both of us are also trained AI people. We could even go that route and have the equipment if we had to.

I do not expect to make ANY money from this.

I don't even know where to begin in regards to the breed purity statements but I feel others have covered it pretty well though if I had time I would add to it considerably.

I dont just breed dogs for the hell of it. This is something that has been planned out for quite some time. All the pups will be accounted for and goto approved homes.

Both our current dogs are rescued dogs. One of them from a pound. Trust me when I say I've done my good deed when it comes to shit like that. Not only have many of my animals come from a shelter or have been acquired from those who could not care for them properly, but I've also volunteered at a few animal shelters including one of the largest in this country; Los Angeles county. Sure, I could get another, but I've chosen to own a puppy from my own choosing, from my own dog, who's traits etc, I would like passed, and I know the full origin, etc of my animals, their care, and so on.

So, though I do appreciate many of your concerns, they have all already been considered. To those who've had helpful replies/rebuttals and to those who know me, thank you. Now, if we can get back on topic, I'd truly appreciate it. ;)

My parents have this worthless little fuck. He doesn't wake up until at least noon, won't chase squirrels, and will stare at you with his stupid underbite smile.

http://i.imgur.com/ejv1Sl.jpg

If you want to breed some dogs that will grow up living on the equivalent of dog social welfare and food stamps, he's a pretty good candidate.

bwhahahaa Thanks, man. ;)

He is cute as shit, though.

I have a male dogo argentino, that i'll eventually use to breed. Dont think that would work for you though, even if he would disagree.

I actually really like the Dogo. How old is he and any pics? Also, I'm not sure I quite understand your last statement. Did you mean "agree"?