what would you do...

stolen 5.0

Dig out a trench around you vehicle, line the bottom of the trench with punji sticks......cover with canvas painted to replicate the surrounding road. Then place multiple valuable items in and around the vehicle. Recored what happens and share on CR.

Thats what I would do.

(or report to the authorities)

hold him at gun point

^^ and tell him that he even thinks of running, the now 70lb pitbull mix at my helm will chase him down and the end result will not be pretty. Especially since he has a very protective set of friends, one of which has four legs, also wieghs 70lbs too and the other is me.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/142785372/original.jpg

Probably call the cops. You can't really confront the guy and then use a self defense claim for the shooting. We also don't live in Texas, so so you can't use deadly force to protect your property.

haha got a visual of a guy trying to figure out what hell is biting him

If you popped him in the head with a .22 cal. hollow point hunting pellet you'd do more than just give him a bug bit. I've split many skulls of ground hogs with mine. 1,150 fps and pretty much nearly.

I've had this happen to me while I was asleep. Heard noise woke up and some mexican was trying to steal the rims off my car. I yelled out my window "HEY AMIGO IM CALLING THE FUCKING POLICE". He ran away.

hold him at gun point, but also my driveway is 1/4 mile long and I live in the country so its not like he could play it off or run and get away

My neighbor held someone at gun point and was charged with imprisonment. He had to sell his timber to pay for his defense, he didn't want them to get away before the police arrived. This happened in the country, he was found not guilty, but spent a chunk of change for defense.

If you were sleeping in your car that would have been consider your dwelling and would have protected you under the castle bill, now in effect.

Same with a tent, cave, house, camper, car.

Sneak up as close to the car as I can while he's doing it and dump two 7.62 rounds in the air....scare the shit outta him....lolz.

Nah, call police and hope they make it.

I know you're kidding, but I hope if anyone does that they're firing up perpendicular to the ground, at least that way the bullets reach terminal velocity (i.e., non-lethal velocity) and don't do any real harm. If you fire at an angle less than 90 degrees, you could do some real damage.

Remember guys, you are responsible for each round you fire.