IRS to be able to take your guns?

Alex1647545498

That being said, the government since about 1946 onward does have an interesting view of its role in American society.

FTFY.

If you're looking to blame anyone, blame McCarthyism and the Red Scare for the policies you (group statement, not just targeted at Hal) credit the current government for upholding.

So long as future taxes are reasonable, as we assume they are now, this should not be an issue for most. Raise the taxes, and now I can't afford to live well, well I guess that's where I make my final stand. Because if it comes to the point you are repoing my purchased weapons, I really won't have much longer to go before completely broke.

The headline will read: Today a retired service member barricaded himself in his home today, refusing to let IRS agents take his fire arms. It is believed that after his time in service, he became anti-government. Agents were ordered to shoot on sight, and take his guns.

The retired service member lived 50 miles outside of town, in the mountains, in a small log home on some land he had purchased. Locals say the guy never bothered anyone and had moved there to get away from the raising cost of living and live off his surroundings.

The headline will read: Today a retired service member barricaded himself in his home today, refusing to let IRS agents take his fire arms. It is believed that after his time in service, he became anti-government. Agents were ordered to shoot on sight, and take his guns.

The retired service member lived 50 miles outside of town, in the mountains, in a small log home on some land he had purchased. Locals say the guy never bothered anyone and had moved there to get away from the raising cost of living and live off his surroundings.

Mainstream Media headline will read: Today a militant anarchist started a gunbattle at his remote training camp when tax authorities tried to contact him regarding his tax return. There was an arsenal of assault weapons at the guerrilla camp, and enough ammo to start a war. Authorities are baffled he was not on the terror watchlist and are tightening gun-ownership laws to ensure this doesn't happen again. Locals said they would hear gunfire coming from the camp, and the leader may have been a rogue ex-soldier.

Mainstream Media headline will read: Today a militant anarchist started a gunbattle at his remote training camp when tax authorities tried to contact him regarding his tax return. There was an arsenal of assault weapons at the guerrilla camp, and enough ammo to start a war. Authorities are baffled he was not on the terror watchlist and are tightening gun-ownership laws to ensure this doesn't happen again. Locals said they would hear gunfire coming from the camp, and the leader may have been a rogue ex-soldier.

Wow...that's scarily accurate from what I hear on CNN or Fox News. :(

Alex, good to hear from you! :thumbup:

FTFY.

If you're looking to blame anyone, blame McCarthyism and the Red Scare for the policies you (group statement, not just targeted at Hal) credit the current government for upholding.

I wouldn't take that as a negative comment toward me. In reality, I would suggest that the government before 1946 was already beginning to establish the trend of systematic elimination of constitutional rights.

I wouldn't take that as a negative comment toward me. In reality, I would suggest that the government before 1946 was already beginning to establish the trend of systematic elimination of constitutional rights.

Federal Income Tax comes to mind.

Federal Income Tax comes to mind.

That along with firearms legislation, the majority of the legislation meant to end the Great Depression, and any number of other laws/policies put in place over the last century.

Sadly you have captured it more the way it would be aired.

I look to the middle of the 1950s, where Christianity was forced into a prominent role in the U.S. government as a reactionary effect to the USSR's complete elimination of religion from their society. In God We Trust did not regularly appear on paper currency until it was adopted as the motto of the U.S. in 1956 (it was previously E Pluribus Unum, much more in line with the Constitution). Under God was inserted into the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954.

I look to the middle of the 1950s, where Christianity was forced into a prominent role in the U.S. government as a reactionary effect to the USSR's complete elimination of religion from their society. In God We Trust did not regularly appear on paper currency until it was adopted as the motto of the U.S. in 1956 (it was previously E Pluribus Unum, much more in line with the Constitution). Under God was inserted into the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954.

There I would disagree with you. Christianity has held a prominent role in this nation's government dating back to the period before the revolution. Many earlier writings dictated the rules of religion within government, and many did not suggest outright freedom. Much of what you see throughout the 18th century deals with religious persecution against non-christians.