My new ride 2003 Focus ZX3

Benner

Picked this little guy up on a straight trade for the civic. Only problem is the Coil going out so gonna pick one up in the next couple days and swap it out.

What I'm wondering though is how I should go as far as mods. thinking of just a basic well handling hatch back with basic mods such as intake/exhaust. Any suggestions on sites and specific mods?

Here it is freshly cleaned up.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj32/Formula98/5-25-12.jpg

You missed some dirt on the bottom.

And needs wheels.

It's actually a dent. The original owner caught something with it. Gonna have to have it repainted. Paints not perfect but it's decent.

Source a 2000 intake mani, cfm 65mm tb, cai and svt headers. You can opt for an exhaust but honestly its a PITA.

I wouldnt do the svt suspension, it sucks. I would find a nice set of used coil-overs or just go with the eibach pro-kit.

The brakes need some attention as well in these, so if you want it to stop well i would find an svt conversion.

I enjoyed the hell out of my focus. If you have any questions at all or need help shoot me a pm. I had mine apart about every weekend.

Congrats, great little cars. My first one was white, brings back memories.

Is it a Zetec or Duratec? Depending on where it was first sold some 03's had the 2.3l duratec's which is a rare beast.

SVT kit is a great choice on a budget and will do more than you probably need, but if you want to be lower/etc I wouldn't go with it. The SVT rear sway really changes the handling of the car alone.

Any interest in 17" SVT Euro wheels and tires? Or the SVT rear sway bar kit? I've got both and have had on my car but am getting ready to trade it in.

My car on SVT suspension and wheels...

http://markus.smugmug.com/Track-Day-Automotive-Photos/2011-Open-Track-Days/June-24-SVT-Club/i-ZwH3CTJ/0/L/MRF2151-L.jpg

http://markus.smugmug.com/Track-Day-Automotive-Photos/2011-Open-Track-Days/June-24-SVT-Club/i-xJ2Zp3f/0/L/MRF2202-L.jpg

PM me if interested in the wheels/tires or swaybar kit.

As far as comfort and drivability the focus definitely wins out. Not anywhere near as fun to drive or as peepy as the civic but that can be taken care of. Also like the fact that nothing rattles around. The guy I traded with was looking for an older B swapped civic so it worked out perfectly for the both of us. Plus he only paid $500 for the focus so neither of us really lost out

Got the coil-pack switched out and now that everything works I must say I'm really liking the car. Pretty comfortable and nicely put together. I can really understand why they have such a following. Suspension is nicely put together for a 100% stock car. Front just needs a tiny bit of tightening and the car needs lowered maybe an inch and it'll be good to go.

My parents have used theirs to move building supplies for 5+ years for two houses in New Orleans. The car feels like your driving around in a mini-van, but it's spacious for it's size and doesn't break down.