It's here, haters!

Draco-REX

Also, a friend of mine (currently has a stupid mazda 3) drove one yesterday, here is what he had to say....

"Went and test drove it... And even the slightest idea I might buy it vanished when I LAID ONTO THE GAS PEDAL AND NOTHING HAPPENED. I understand it has 200hp, but it's been awhile since I've been in a car with that little... I mean, my Mazda feels like a race car in comparison. I love the styling, it handled awesome, and the brakes were great, interior wasn't bad.. definitely felt sporty with everything right there kind of wrapped around you... but it's just not enough. But the good news is, they took possession of a C6Z today......... Fate whispering in my ear maybe?!"

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug* Seems to be pretty peppy to me. Of course, I'm not expecting a surge of power from a turbo.

Doesn't matter. I knew what to expect and it meets my wants/needs.

Never really wanted a Corvette all that much, personally.

EDIT: Updated my title for all the haters. ;)

Well of course you aren't going to hate on the car you've been waiting for forever and now own. Although some little part deep inside of you is saying this car was wayyyy more hype then anything.

Actually, no. It's exceeding my expectations for the most part. As I've said before, it could use more power, but I don't think it NEEDS it.

The results of letting my inner ricer out:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8165/7310115056_dc7ebe99a8_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7233/7310130374_2f322d0aee_c.jpg

i like your car more than fox news...nice pick up :)

:lolguy:

You couldn't get my Sawmill Store some more love with a better shot of the sign? (Mattress Firm) Do you work close by?

Yeah, I work right next door. I'm surprised you haven't seen it parked outside the last few days.

Looks like the Miata beat it too.

Being the fastest wasn't the only criteria for being the best bang for the buck. But if that's what you want, then get the Mustang. But did you read the driver's comments? That Mustang may be faster around the course, but it certainly wasn't the best driver's car. It's a bit of a boat.

Don't be confused, I actually like the BRZ but wouldn't own any on that list because they are just to slow....

If I am buying a track car, I don't car about a drivers car....I would buy what would be the fastest for the class I want to run (stock/modded)...PERIOD!

By the way, nice car and keep posting info about it! ;)

So, a couple days and 130 miles of living with this car so far. It gets better and better the more in sync I get with it. You really need to be involved with the engine, it's RPMs, and your gears to really make it sing. But when you do, it is a rather torquey-feeling engine. The big problem I'm finding is that , coming from a turbo car, I unconciously keep it in the 3.5K-4.5K range when accelerating. That's the sweet spot for a turbo EJ, but it's the precise dead spot for the FA20. If I keep myself out of the valley, the car wants to leap ahead and just GO! :) Splitting the Tach into two distinct rev ranges (idle-3500 and 5000-redline) is necessary. And it's something I'm slowly learning.

So not to attempt at putting this back on track, but what wheels have you decided on?

Still haven't. :( When I had the STI, I saw the TE37s and immediately chose them. The WRX? Team Dynamics Pro Rally 1 rims, no question. Even with the spec.B I chose rims in a day.

This car? I fail.

I think I'll narrow it down to the TSW Nurburgrin RF in Gunmetal and the Enkei PF01 in black.

Unless someone comes up with a set of rims that are gunmetal in tone/darkness and readily available, I think I'll start deciding.

You guys are no help. :p

Mesh wheels....

The TSW Nurburgring is as much of a mesh as I want. Any more and it'll be too much of a PITA to wash. Not to mention look heavy.

Enkei

So you think I should go black on black with this car?

You guys are no help. :p

The TSW Nurburgring is as much of a mesh as I want. Any more and it'll be too much of a PITA to wash. Not to mention look heavy.

I would say no. I prefer a little contrast. Gunmetal would look nice I think.

Also, a friend of mine (currently has a stupid mazda 3) drove one yesterday, here is what he had to say....

"Went and test drove it... And even the slightest idea I might buy it vanished when I LAID ONTO THE GAS PEDAL AND NOTHING HAPPENED.

Was it the auto or stick? I was surprised at how slow a auto feels over a stick on a 4 banger when I was out test driving cars. My MR2 has 200whp and that thing is a blast to drive.

I signed up for the BRZ test day on June 23.

Draco, that looks great on the rear. Can't wait to see it in person and you debadge parts of it.

\.

NO

What about Enkei NT03's? I think they're funky enough they'd look good on the car. I've never seen them on a car and not liked them in person. Only Silver or Hyper black but the hyper black might actually look right at home on your car.