It's here, haters!

Draco-REX

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine paying $30k for a sports car then have to spend thousands more to make it start to be fast. I guess it looks cool and it'll probably be good at running around cones..

While these car's aren't for me, there is certainly more to enjoying cars than straight line speed.

You do realize that the average new car sale price is almost $32k now? Any of the millions that pay that, could have purchased a C5Z, C6, CTS V, Cobra Etc....but didn't.

While these car's aren't for me, there is certainly more to enjoying cars than straight line speed.

^^ this. IMO, it's like the Mazda RX8's when they first came out. Even still today, I like the style. Not fast, but they handle incredibly well and there's something to be said for the pros that the BRZ and like have going for them.

IMO, there are a lot of fast cars on here that look wise are dated as can be and relatively ugly as shit but people still like them right :confused: I'd rather have good looking and well handling then ugly and fast in a straight line.

BTW, Aaron's car has a renewed sense of handling now too. Haters may call it slow, but that bitch handles now.

I have a hard time seeing 30whp from an exhaust and intake on a 2.0 engine. but I have been wrong before :lol:

I don't doubt it. Intake and catback gained 18whp/18wtq on my car, that's with no tuning solution, I figure if I can ever get the car tuned, 15whp is possible, mainly because the factory tune is horrible on my car.

I don't doubt it. Intake and catback gained 18whp/18wtq on my car, that's with no tuning solution, I figure if I can ever get the car tuned, 15whp is possible, mainly because the factory tune is horrible on my car.

is your car naturally aspirated? If not, then totally different.

I told them not to do anything special, just clean it up.

You're still doing your detailing gig, right?

Yes, still detailing. I hate seeing new cars molested from the dealer for no good reason though. It's never a fun feeling detailing a brand new car that needs all sorts of correction work. I Detailed a 335i with 60 miles on it last year that was a nightmare from improper care at the dealer.

So just got of the phone with Automotive Appearance Pros. No Clear Bra templates for the BRZ yet. Unfortunately, their hours are testing my loyalty. I either have to get the day off or leave the car with them and organize a ride to/from which is always a PITA.

BTW, Aaron's car has a renewed sense of handling now too. Haters may call it slow, but that bitch handles now.

Thanks man! Imagine if I had tires that weren't on the wear bars (all 4 are currently).

So you are saying that you could see 32hp from intake, tune and catback on your N/A 3?

N/A.

Down payment check is in hand. Just have to wait until I leave work....

Is it 5 yet?

Longest 3 hours you'll have for a while!!!

So just got of the phone with Automotive Appearance Pros. No Clear Bra templates for the BRZ yet. Unfortunately, their hours are testing my loyalty. I either have to get the day off or leave the car with them and organize a ride to/from which is always a PITA.

You have PM.

:no: oh my

So you are saying that you could see 32hp from intake, tune and catback on your N/A 3?

Me --> :yuno: Aaron -->:yuno: Juiced --> :yuno: all agree that you will need a snail to see those kinds of gains.

Imagine if I had tires that weren't on the wear bars (all 4 are currently)

It would handle worse.:dumb:

Tires near their wear bars tend to handle better, have less squirm, and have more grip than their fresh counterparts. This is of course, unless the compound is completely cycled into the dumpster, but as you just got them a year or so ago, not likely.

:gabe:

Yup, 2.3l NA, low-compression, etc.

Edit: Don't mean to interrupt Draco's thread, but for the people that don't believe me, the stock tune on these cars is very conservative timing and stupid rich anywhere over ~4,800rpm. Successive pulls had my car going deep into the 10.x AFR-wise, and doing a few street pulls, I have hit 9.7AFR, one of the reasons why my car shoots fireballs between shifts. Made 132/133 bone stock, 151/152 with the intake/exhaust, and the majority of that power increase can also be seen throughout the powerband. I'll see if I can find the scans of my dyno runs.

Edit2: It was 19whp/19wtq, my memory was off.

Stock:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/get-attachmentaspx.jpg?t=1264039434

I/E:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/dyno-1.jpg

Edited by Tripleskate

I believe your stock graph shows 96.9 degrees...in July.

Your modded graph shows 65.6 degrees...In January.

3.5 years apart.

Good eye, they just messed up the dates. For reference, I didn't even OWN the car until 4/08, let alone mod it. The runs were done a few months apart. Also, if you notice, the humidity was much higher on the modded graph, so the DA was relatively close for both graphs, as well as the correction factor/smoothing level applied.

contact julius poa, he is coming to do brooks's car this week so maby he can get yours done at teh same time

Yup, 2.3l NA, low-compression, etc.

Edit: Don't mean to interrupt Draco's thread, but for the people that don't believe me, the stock tune on these cars is very conservative timing and stupid rich anywhere over ~4,800rpm. Successive pulls had my car going deep into the 10.x AFR-wise, and doing a few street pulls, I have hit 9.7AFR, one of the reasons why my car shoots fireballs between shifts. Made 132/133 bone stock, 151/152 with the intake/exhaust, and the majority of that power increase can also be seen throughout the powerband. I'll see if I can find the scans of my dyno runs.

Edit2: It was 19whp/19wtq, my memory was off.

Stock:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/get-attachmentaspx.jpg?t=1264039434

I/E:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/dyno-1.jpg

http://therubbe.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/badass.png