It's here, haters!

Draco-REX

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! I'm about to buy one and start messing around with it this year. I drove one the other week and really liked it for the money.

Are you the one that ordered the second black one from Byers on Billingsley?

I would like to. But because this is not just a brand new model, but a new platform and engine, go-fast parts are nigh non-existent. So look-fast parts are first.

So I was thinking about this... and I dont like it :lol:

why do you need a "kit" that 7 times out of 10 is sub-par anyway.

If you lack the fab skills, no problem.... take car to performance shop, most of the "kit" pieces will be OTS, the custom fab parts will be a manifold, and piping really.... choose your turba, and go.... or custom mount a centrifugal supercharger.... and I am sure there are plenty tuners who can give you a solid tune...

Yes expensive... but you would stand out WAY more than anyone else who has the car with some wheels and suspension.... you will be MUCH faster, hell you would have a chance to be "first" to a lot of stuff, including break go fast records until the "kits" are developed and hte big boys start playing....

... just throwing it out there. ;)

EDIT: I just saw your "GTFO I'm not going to FI this car" reply a page ago... oh well, still a nice looking car!

If you lack the fab skills, no problem.... take car to performance shop, most of the "kit" pieces will be OTS, the custom fab parts will be a manifold, and piping really.... choose your turba, and go.... or custom mount a centrifugal supercharger.... and I am sure there are plenty tuners who can give you a solid tune...

Yes expensive... but you would stand out WAY more than anyone else who has the car with some wheels and suspension.... you will be MUCH faster, hell you would have a chance to be "first" to a lot of stuff, including break go fast records until the "kits" are developed and hte big boys start playing....

EDIT: I just saw your "GTFO I'm not going to FI this car" reply a page ago... oh well, still a nice looking car!

LOL. Oh, if I wanted to go FI and had the money I'd let a local shop at it. But for stuff like intake and exhaust a kit might be more cost effective. I might be convinced to lat a local shop make an axle-back. But I worry about the sound. It's not exactly easy to make a 4 cyl sound good.

From the underhood shots I've seen, it looks like a turbo is a nightmere on these cars...but a Rotrex might be a clean addition. Just sayin.... (in 5 years when you finally cave in)

From the underhood shots I've seen, it looks like a turbo is a nightmere on these cars...but a Rotrex might be a clean addition. Just sayin.... (in 5 years when you finally cave in)

HKS has a supercharger kit nearly finished.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7720&stc=1&d=1338280441

TRD has announced a supercharger as well.

I can see a Turbo being done without too much trouble. But again, I don't think a turbo is a good match for this car.

I vote battleship grey for any wheels you choose. I sure wish I could paint my wheels battleship grey but it's on 4x4 stance.

What is your height? I'm curious to see if this car could fit a 6'5'' dude.

I vote battleship grey for any wheels you choose. I sure wish I could paint my wheels battleship grey but it's on 4x4 stance.

What is your height? I'm curious to see if this car could fit a 6'5'' dude.

6'4" that's a lot of torso height. You should fit.

I'm a leggy guy, (36" inseam). Torso is average length.

My husband is 36" inseam as well. He will be testing the limits of tha in Friday when Draco brings it out. I slightly foresee helmet issues, but when I sat in today inhibit will be ok for legs.

Check out the latest MotorTrend, they have a big bargain shoot out with all the latest cheap thrills.

Finishing order

#6 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-spec Lap times-1:29.12

#5 Volkswagen GTI 1:31.47

#4 Ford Mustang V6 1:29.09

#3 Mazda MX5 Miata 1:31.88

#2 Scion FR-S 1:31.15

#1 Subaru BRZ Limited 1:30.32

Mustang was the fastest and best bang for buck but BRZ won....

Check out the latest MotorTrend, they have a big bargain shoot out with all the latest cheap thrills.

Finishing order

Looks like the Miata beat it too.

Being the fastest wasn't the only criteria for being the best bang for the buck. But if that's what you want, then get the Mustang. But did you read the driver's comments? That Mustang may be faster around the course, but it certainly wasn't the best driver's car. It's a bit of a boat.

HKS has a supercharger kit nearly finished.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7720&stc=1&d=1338280441

TRD has announced a supercharger as well.

I can see a Turbo being done without too much trouble. But again, I don't think a turbo is a good match for this car.

Yeah, HKS likes to use Rotrex superchargers. Their 350Z kit is pretty clean, but that BRZ mockup looks like a mess of pipes. Maybe there will be a version that replaces the intake manifold with an integrated air to water IC, which will end up being much cleaner, but that's a neck of a bend to make it into the throttle body.

Yeah, HKS likes to use Rotrex superchargers. Their 350Z kit is pretty clean, but that BRZ mockup looks like a mess of pipes. Maybe there will be a version that replaces the intake manifold with an integrated air to water IC, which will end up being much cleaner, but that's a neck of a bend to make it into the throttle body.

Yeah. That's exactly what I want in a SC for this car. The boxer engine, new accessory layout, and low engine placement makes it a perfect application for that type of SC.

A prototype for the Impreza that never was produced:

http://www.csl.mtu.edu/~jmcarder/subaru/sptsc.jpg

Saw it in person today. :ninja: Looks great.

Told ya you knew where it was. Did you see it pre- or post-ricing? I let my inner ricer out to play a little today. Pics soon.

Finishing order

Primary difference between the twins seems to be the suspension preference and they considered the Subaru a better value if you want the extra bling.

Randy Pobst quotes:

FR-S: "Stability controls have allowed setups like this - too loose at entry, a real drift car".

BRZ: "Bravo, Subaru (and Scion), and thank you for these proprioceptor-pleasing injections of the driving drug, the BRZ is better balanced."

The article is 10 pages (20 print pages because of ads) and no single chart compares all of them, but definitely worth a read.

Here are the article scans in PDF form

scan 1

scan 2

scan 3

:)