What should I do? Am I fucked?

Protection

2006 grand prix GXP won't run!! I have fuel pressure! It just won't fire when cranking! My fiance was driving it and it just cut off on her. I was told it should be the crankshaft sensor. Any other suggestions??

I bought The car may 20th.

Since then ive replaced the alternator, tensioner pulley assembly, serpentine belt. The a/c went out last weekend and now this.

The 30 days is today pretty much. I owe 8000 on this lemon. I love it but what's next? The car has already cost me about 1000$ before making my first payment

• Downvote 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but if I bought a used car I wouldn't dump any money into it. I would take it back to the dealership.

I bought my 04 ram from toyota direct. I checked it over and drove it with no issues. The next day I backed out of my driveway, put it in drive and it didn't move. Just slipped.

I called them and they told me to bring it in. So I brought it in and argued with them, they ended up putting a new transmission in, replaced the power steering rack, put one new tire on for some reason. And gave me a rental car for a week.

120k on a gm is the range when much upkeep/ lifespan is up on thing. I would not call it a lemon yet just that you hit the maintenance lotto all at once. Buying a different car isn't always a better idea as you don't know the history, and any lot off refugee is sure to have just bought it at auction and knows dick about it as well

120k on a gm is the range when much upkeep/ lifespan is up on thing. I would not call it a lemon yet just that you hit the maintenance lotto all at once. Buying a different car isn't always a better idea as you don't know the history, and any lot off refugee is sure to have just bought it at auction and knows dick about it as well

Exactly. You're right at the mark when you can expect a lot of general maintenence. It might nickel and dime you for a while, but it should be smooth sailing for a long time after that.

Hopefully the trans was already replaced. They were junk on those cars

This may sound like a cheesy question, but does the car have any codes? Not an SES light on, but any stored codes. Before I put anymore money into parts, I would tow the car somewhere and have it scanned or at least have some one come over and scan it. You could try a crank sensor, but thats a lot of work to do in your driveway for it not to be the problem.

This may sound like a cheesy question, but does the car have any codes? Not an SES light on, but any stored codes. Before I put anymore money into parts, I would tow the car somewhere and have it scanned or at least have some one come over and scan it. You could try a crank sensor, but thats a lot of work to do in your driveway for it not to be the problem.

Yup. I have to take out the tranny. To get to it

have it scanned. try searching the grand prix forums. mine did the same thing years ago and it was a very easy fix (some relay went bad). found the problem by a simple search. and sorry i can't remember what the fix was.

Clubgp used to be great but last time I checked was several years ago, and it was turning to shit

^ still true and the GXP forum is all but dead since there are only perhaps 6 owners that haven't bailed on the car due to the problems.