Would you rent out your ride?

OSUGT

Check out the site 99% Camrys and other basic transportation.

Nobody is dumb enough to rent out their nice car.

RENT MY 60k MILE OLD HYUNDAI ELANTRA FOR ONLY $40/DAY!

No way dude, it has a bad tranny and bad wiring like every Hyundai ever made does!!!

Seriously, I would speak to a legal advisor to see if I could create a contract of liability that who ever rented my car would be stuck with the ramifications of their actions.

Essentially, I would own and insure my car as the law requires but while their in possession the contract would dictate that all responsibility would be on their shoulders/insurance. Of course I have no idea if this is possible but if i were to consider it, my first stop is legal council.

Seriously, I would speak to a legal advisor to see if I could create a contract of liability that who ever rented my car would be stuck with the ramifications of their actions.

Essentially, I would own and insure my car as the law requires but while their in possession the contract would dictate that all responsibility would be on their shoulders/insurance. Of course I have no idea if this is possible but if i were to consider it, my first stop is legal council.

Looks like the rental agency has that all covered.

The rental companies each provide up to $1 million worth of liability insurance coverage on the cars during the times they are being rented. GetAround's insurance coverage is provided by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA, Fortune 500). RelayRides' users are covered by Hudson Insurance.

To make sure customers are protected, some states have passed laws that dictate minimum insurance requirements for peer-to-peer car-sharing companies.

Besides insurance, RelayRides and GetAround require that renters submit license information and submit to a check of their driving records before being allowed to rent cars.

Also, owners have the right to decline a rental request for any reason -- or no reason -- at all. St. Clair said he won't rent to people who sound unfriendly. He figures it's not a good sign for how they're going to treat his car.

Looks like the rental agency has that all covered.
The rental companies each provide up to $1 million worth of liability insurance coverage on the cars during the times they are being rented. GetAround's insurance coverage is provided by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA, Fortune 500). RelayRides' users are covered by Hudson Insurance.

To make sure customers are protected, some states have passed laws that dictate minimum insurance requirements for peer-to-peer car-sharing companies.

Besides insurance, RelayRides and GetAround require that renters submit license information and submit to a check of their driving records before being allowed to rent cars.

Also, owners have the right to decline a rental request for any reason -- or no reason -- at all. St. Clair said he won't rent to people who sound unfriendly. He figures it's not a good sign for how they're going to treat his car.

You didn't expect me to read the article did you?

I would still have someone look over the fine print.