How to resurface your heads.. on a glass table.

Buck531

I understand the concept, but if the head isn't perfectly weighted flat, won't it sand/resurface it not flat? Lol. I'm no engineer though.....just running off common sense. Sure you'll get a 'flat' surface, but will it yield even and equal compression across the cylinders? Or are you splitting hairs at that point (depending on the level of modified the engine is)?

More importantly, if it's not leveling the head to the lowest point, but still 'flat' will it even sit right when torqued? Or maybe the video was the joke and I missed it cause I figured someone on CR will actually do this.....lol.

I understand the concept, but if the head isn't perfectly weighted flat, won't it sand/resurface it not flat? Lol. I'm no engineer though.....just running off common sense. Sure you'll get a 'flat' surface, but will it yield even and equal compression across the cylinders? Or are you splitting hairs at that point (depending on the level of modified the engine is)?

More importantly, if it's not leveling the head to the lowest point, but still 'flat' will it even sit right when torqued? Or maybe the video was the joke and I missed it cause I figured someone on CR will actually do this.....lol.

for a stock rebuild this would prolly be okay. if your getting into modifying the engine, then you would prolly have the extra money to have them done right. not something I would ever do though, I would want them done properly for anything I drive.

Yeah, I think that's what I was getting at. For the normal DD user, this should be ok. For the performance minded person to the extreme racer and beyond, this should be nothing more than a good LOL video.

I dont know-I just put a motor together with a rust block that has an unknown deck surface and a Head I pulled out of a junkyard car 2 years ago. Billy Bob's surfacing would have been an improvement. :lolguy:

??

Computer processors have a metal heat spreader over them that protects the actual CPU die. Some people will either remove this or shave it down to make it thinner/smoother to improve heat transfer. Same thing is done to the surface of the heatsink.

It's at the deepend of being a enthusiast though.