Wondered why this ZR1 was so much more...

nurkvinny

If someone buys me this you will have a best friend for life. Not a regular best friend but the kind you can call at 3am to help dispose of a body best friend.Hell maybe even the "I always wondered what it would feel like" best friend. I will sing your praises daily or never say a word about it your call.
  • Confused 1

IPS has done a few cars for them, but that sounds a little like voided warranty.

On a side note, if anybody is in the area of Couglin Pataskala, swing through, there aren't many places that have that many Vettes, let alone multiple ZR1s and Z06s.

IPS has done a few cars for them, but that sounds a little like voided warranty.

IMO if you can afford to drive around in a $120k car, the cost of any repairs not covered under warranty shouldn't matter. If so, you really cant afford the car.

IMO if you can afford to drive around in a $120k car, the cost of any repairs not covered under warranty shouldn't matter. If so, you really cant afford the car.

Corvette owners are right in line to be the biggest PITA owners about warranty repairs.

In the service drive we joke how there's deisel truck owners, Corvette owners, and everyone else.

On a side note, if anybody is in the area of Couglin Pataskala, swing through, there aren't many places that have that many Vettes, let alone multiple ZR1s and Z06s.

Speaking of which, we will have Mark's car and a 1000rwhp TT Camaro out there tomorrow for the car show if anyone wants to come out and say hi. Should have a great turn-out if the weather stays nice.

Jeff

for those that didn't read the listing:

ADDED TO THIS CORVETTE; IPS LSP SUPERCHARGER PULLEY UPGRADE, 10 RIB SERPENTINE BELT, IPS OVERDRIVE FLUID DAMPNER & HUB,KATECH ZR1 HIGH CAPACITY HEAT EXCHANGER, 1 7/8 KOOKS CUSTOM HEADERS & CATTED X-PIPE,OEM EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKETS,NGK IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS, LINGENFELTER GT9 CAM SHAFT, LIVERNOIS DUAL VALVE SPRING KIT & PUSH RODS,AMSOIL SIGNATURE SERIES OIL & FILTERS, NOW JUSST UNDER 800HP!

Ask Sam how his modified z06 was appraised by the largest or was the largest vette dealer..

He went to stock as modded they are not worth more to everyone else..

But that is a nice looking plastic car

That is because it was a used car. A buyer rightfully has a huge "Peace-of-Mind" concern when buying a modified used car without a warranty because even done right things are prone to break / fail much faster. Added to that, most people correctly assume that if the car was modified it was done so for a reason (Not to drive to Church on Sunday's and just cruise to shows). More power + more use of that power typically means MUCH worse reliability.

Shops pre-modding new cars is nothing new. Coughlin sells SLP Camaros that come with various HP Packages, Gill (I think) sells Callaway cars just like Mentor Mitsu did with EVO's that Buschur modded.

Jeff

That is because it was a used car. A buyer rightfully has a huge "Peace-of-Mind" concern when buying a modified used car without a warranty because even done right things are prone to break / fail much faster. Added to that, most people correctly assume that if the car was modified it was done so for a reason (Not to drive to Church on Sunday's and just cruise to shows). More power + more use of that power typically means MUCH worse reliability.

Shops pre-modding new cars is nothing new. Coughlin sells SLP Camaros that come with various HP Packages, Gill (I think) sells Callaway cars just like Mentor Mitsu did with EVO's that Buschur modded.

Jeff

Yes we do, but like a lot of popular aftermarket upfitters Callaway provides the same warranty that GM does on what they have modified. So a Callaway has no warranty issues.

Yes we do, but like a lot of popular aftermarket upfitters Callaway provides the same warranty that GM does on what they have modified. So a Callaway has no warranty issues.

Correct. Coughlin is handling the warranty side of things so they would have to answer what they are or aren't covering in that regard. My impression (And I could be completely wrong) was that if it was a local sale they were going to warranty it like it was a stock car.

Jeff