Today is my anniversary

Cordell

F-body owners and 10yr olds. :no:

Outside my first car, the ones we have now are the oldest we've ever had and at 4yrs/5yrs the ones we've kept the longest. I hate getting to the point where we put routine maint. money in them. Ironically today we just put $500 in the Van in new Brakes, rotation, balance, alignment, LOF and a strong cleaning. Cheaper than a new car and beats having a payment.

Congrats on the car! It's no doubt been a fun time.

F-body owners and 10yr olds. :no:

Outside my first car, the ones we have now are the oldest we've ever had and at 4yrs/5yrs the ones we've kept the longest. I hate getting to the point where we put routine maint. money in them. Ironically today we just put $500 in the Van in new Brakes, rotation, balance, alignment, LOF and a strong cleaning. Cheaper than a new car and beats having a payment.

Congrats on the car! It's no doubt been a fun time.

i dont think ive spent 500 dollars total in maintinance costs in my firebird. the entire time ive owned that car, ive put 3 sets of brake pads on it, new bearings in the rearend 2 times and oil changes (only gets that once a year for the last 3 years since it goes to the track, then sits in the garage). it did also get a tranny flush, but dad worked at a GM dealership at the time, so that was free lol. tires dont stay on the car long enough to be rotated...

i dont think ive spent 500 dollars total in maintinance costs in my firebird. the entire time ive owned that car, ive put 3 sets of brake pads on it, new bearings in the rearend 2 times and oil changes (only gets that once a year for the last 3 years since it goes to the track, then sits in the garage). it did also get a tranny flush, but dad worked at a GM dealership at the time, so that was free lol. tires dont stay on the car long enough to be rotated...

Do engine bearings count as maintenence? How many parts have you worn out?

Do engine bearings count as maintenence? How many parts have you worn out?

i dont really count the engine bearings because that wouldnt have happend if i wouldnt have been sold faulty parts, so its no fault of factory parts going bad.

just rearend bearings the 2 times lol. hence why i tell people at track days to take it down and if they manage to break something, id give them $100 bucks.