Where do you Hunt?

Hahn

So finally got out for my first Archery hunt today, and went to Deer Creek since its close and has public hunting land. This was my first bow hunt ever and it was pretty uneventful. I had been to Deer Creek before, but not for hunting, so i was going in just kinda hoping for the best. After sun rise though, i realized how terrible the geography is for hunting deer down there. Only like 50 yards wide worth of woods that runs along side the creek with fields on the other side of the woods. Needless to say i didnt see or hear anything, except for the gun range and drivers on the nearby road. Pretty disappointing. So now im looking to hear of some other public land. Doesnt realy matter where in Ohio. I went to Hocking Hills the other year for Shotgun season and that was so packed, i get that its only a week long season for shot gun, so maybe its different for bow season. Any thoughts? Where do you guys hunt?

There there is public land out near the wilds. It is owned by AEP and you need to get one of the free permits available online.

A friend of mine has already taken a doe this year out there. I have hunted out there an on opening day a few years ago I got a doe in the morning and a buck in the evening.

http://www.aep.com/environment/conservation/recland/

I have also been out there during Gun week/season and it is packed there as well. There will be van loads of Amish that come in and do drives through about every section of woods there is.

There there is public land out near the wilds. It is owned by AEP and you need to get one of the free permits available online.

A friend of mine has already taken a doe this year out there. I have hunted out there an on opening day a few years ago I got a doe in the morning and a buck in the evening.

http://www.aep.com/environment/conservation/recland/

I have also been out there during Gun week/season and it is packed there as well. There will be van loads of Amish that come in and do drives through about every section of woods there is.

I guess if i think about it, i would prefer to stay in central oh or south east oh. But ill keep this in mind.

there is some public land by where I hunt. its across the street from the Rock house. theres usually 2-3 people there during gun. but its A LOT of land.

Is this the Rock House in the Hocking Hills region?

Delaware Wildlife Area is a decent place to hunt deer. We kick up 1 or 2 deer every time we go Pheasant hunting up there. I've seen several bow hunters lugging does outta the woods close to the shooting range.

I was thinking about Delaware but didnt know if it was any good for deer. Never been there for hunting.