Which truck would you pick

Rocky31186

Which Truck. Basically 30k max, Loaded with leather 4wd....  

593 members have voted

1. 1. Which Truck. Basically 30k max, Loaded with leather 4wd....

• Dodge Ram
    • Toyota Tundra
    • Chevy 1500
    • Jeep LOL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was going to make a poll, but I dont see the option on my page.. What would you choose and why?

Basically 30k max, Loaded with leather 4wd.

2008-2010

A) Dodge Ram

B) Toyota Tundra

C) Chevy 1500

Not a fan of Titan, F150, or others.

D) F150 ECOBOOST

Ecoboost Supercrew

Loaded Tacoma? They only come with V6's but they're super nice.

I dont see that on A,B, Or C

Chevy.

Tundra is an alright truck, but I feel it acts like a bigger truck than it really is (turning radius and ride quality). They also drink down gas pretty well.

I worked at toyota for almost 2 years, and I love the crewmax tundras.. Any V8 is going to suck the gas down, I'm not too worried about that or I would get a prius.. I dont think I've ever had a good MPG vehicle LOL..

Tundra's are also pretty quick for what they are, but the crewmax back seat is huge compared to competitors

FRONT LEG ROOM 42.5 in.

REAR LEG ROOM 44.5 in.

381hp/401tq

6 speed auto

With a towing rate at over 10,000 with the right hitch.

Chevy 1500

315hp

4spd auto with o/d

Towing capacity of 7500 lbs with the 5.3L, over 10,000 with the 6.0

The Ram

390hp/ 407tq

9100 lb towing capacity

I have had good luck with my Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Silverado. It has every available option. 8.1, allison 5 speed auto trans,4.10 rear. Bought it used with 60,000 miles and now have 120,000 with no issues. Mine is an 02 though. I like the older body style better. Brother in law has an 09 that is doing well also and it gets driven hard.

Silverado 1500 HD.

Reliable. Can tow a PIG of vehicle and get OK mileage for a truck. Mods are cheaper too-cuz you know your ass isn't going to leave it stock.

Chevy has the lowest towing capacity and hp/tq than the other 2 options...

And it would stay mostly stock.. :gabe:

• Brother in law has had a couple Chevy's and they are truly work trucks and have both lasted without issues. None.
  • Other brother in law has always had Toyota's and again, zero issues.
  • Tons of folks I know have Fords and again, tough as all get out. I love the interior of the new ones and they ride and handle great.
  • I've never owned nor can I say much for RAM's.

IMO it's going to boil down to nit-picking and IMO the fact that you are a Toyota Tech right? Not sure if that matters but to me it would make cents.

• Brother in law has had a couple Chevy's and they are truly work trucks and have both lasted without issues. None.
  • Other brother in law has always had Toyota's and again, zero issues.
  • Tons of folks I know have Fords and again, tough as all get out. I love the interior of the new ones and they ride and handle great.
  • I've never owned nor can I say much for RAM's.

IMO it's going to boil down to nit-picking and IMO the fact that you are a Toyota Tech right? Not sure if that matters but to me it would make cents.

I was a toyota tech, so I do know a lot about them. And know maintenance on them is EASY.. Timing belts, fluids...

Im at the airport working on big trucks now..

I love my 2009 Dodge Ram Crew cab 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L. Great ride, interior, towing and all the power you are going to need for a 1500. I wouldn't go 2008 Ram, since it is the last year of the previous model. Plus with the MSD system is standard on all 5.7L in 2009. Loaded with 5 adults and the truck bed filled to the rails, I regularly see 23 mpg on long highway trips.

Another vote for the Ram, but as was said 2009+ only for sure.

Also, since you're talking about towing capacity, I would look hard at a 2010-2012 2500 Ram with the Hemi. Towing anywhere near 10k with a 1/2 ton truck (regardless of what they're rated for) is an unpleasant experience, ask me how I know.

You get the heavy duty AAM 11.5 axles in the 2500, bigger brakes, rear leaf springs rather than coil springs, and a beefier frame. My dad has a 2010 2500 with the Cummins, and it's been a great truck. Yes it's a diesel which obviously helps, but the chassis itself handles loads waaaaaaay better than his half ton ever did. For what it's worth, the Ram forums are full of guys who bought Tundras based on their specs, and soon traded them in on 2500/3500 trucks instead.

This is a decent example, though no leather.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43147&endYear=2013&modelCode1=RAM25002WD&startYear=2010&makeCode1=DODGE&engineCodes=8CLDR&engineCode=8CLDR&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=300&maxPrice=30000&mmt=[DODGE[RAM25002WD[]][]]&listingId=328983341&Log=0

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/images/2012/10/13/328/983/28020754202.328983341.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I have a buddy with a 2010 Hemi 1500 though, and it's a very nice truck. Mileage is good, ride is very good with the coils, and he hasn't had a single issue with it. If towing doesn't matter, the 1500 would be a great choice too.

P.S. - the Mega Cab is an option exclusive to the 2500/3500 Rams :)

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/14774474/163_0902_15z+2010_dodge_ram_3500_laramie_mega_cab_4x4+interior_view.jpg

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/17752428/163_0902_18z+2010_dodge_ram_3500_laramie_mega_cab_4x4+interior_view.jpg

Though the Crew Cab is plenty roomy anyway.