Free Motorcycle Storage

Doc1647545523

Again this year I have room to store motorcycles for CR members (only). The storage at the Hangout in Delaware is well-lit, alarmed, heated to above 40 degrees all winter, and has 110v available. You don't have 24/7 access to the bike, but with a day's notice I can let you into the garage to ride it on a warm January day or at least to start it and let it run 10 minutes. The idea would be for winter storage of running bikes only, with spring pickup by April or May. This is not storage for your rusted old frame and box of parts that you hope to work on someday. :rolleyes:

I suggest the following:

Bring a bike cover or at least a sheet to keep the dust off the bike.

Put fresh fuel and fuel stabilizer in the tank.

Bring a battery tender, or at least leave the battery accessable so that I can connect a battery tender to it every few weeks.

If your bike leaks oil, let me know so that I can put absorbant underneath it to save my painted floors. No gas leakers, please :eek:

Here is a pic which shows some of the available bike storage area:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/IMG_5620-M-1.jpg

There's room for about six additional bikes without parking them too close to each other. PM me with questions or to set up a time to drop off your bike. For those who haven't been to the Hangout, it is at 320 London Road, Delaware, in the Howald Industrial Park, Building 100 (first building as you come down the drive).

Edited by Doc

For someone deployed, we bend the rules. You can leave your bike here for your whole deployment--just give me instructions on how often you want it started or whether you want a friend to take it out from time to time to ride it. There's no charge, not even to the gov't. ;)

You're about two hours away. I can trailer it up here if you don't have other storage for it.

• Upvote 2

How about room for a single jetski on a trailer? :)

No shit...... That would be great. I need to store mine!

I wanted to try to stay away from larger items (boats, trailers, and the like). Would both of your trailers fit within a single car parking space? If so, I might be able to accomodate them after I've given first dibs to the motorcycles. I'll contact you in a week or so after the bikes have been given a fair chance to respond.

I wanted to try to stay away from larger items (boats, trailers, and the like). Would both of your trailers fit within a single car parking space? If so, I might be able to accomodate them after I've given first dibs to the motorcycles. I'll contact you in a week or so after the bikes have been given a fair chance to respond.

Sorry, to clear up what i said, I have a bike as well. Just let me know I have no problem paying for space. Thanks!

Sorry, to clear up what i said, I have a bike as well. Just let me know I have no problem paying for space. Thanks!

Just let me know when you want to bring the bike over. I stored one bike already. Now that I look at the space, I think we could fit ten without crowding or having to move one bike to get to another.

It's free, but I should mention to everyone to keep comprehensive coverage over the winter. I've never had anything in the place damaged, but you want to have coverage in case of fire, theft, and the like.

Edited by Doc

hey Doc, i am new here, but ive seen you around before (i work at slowmotion). I was wondering if you had any open spots? my Honda needs a place and meets all of your criteria..haha. This would be greatly appreciated!

Sure. Just let me know when you want to bring the bike.

Aaron, Jack, and others who mentioned interest, the forecast for Saturday is for partly cloudy skies and a high of 55. You may want to consider a final ride of the season ending at the Hangout in the late afternoon. I will be riding my bikes early in the day but can meet you both at the garage later and then can drive you back home.

It's fine with me if you want to bring your bikes at another time, but I thought this might be a good opportunity if we can coordinate our schedules.

JP, you're welcome to tour the place anytime. :)