New RS6 Announced

Mr. Jones

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think itll be slower than the v?

The s8 is heavier and has less power than the rs6 will be/have and its faster et and only a half mile an hour behind in the quarter trap speed.

And there is only one scenereo when itll keep up, a perfect dry weather launch. Too much throttle, cold roads, rain, etc,

You really think itll be slower than the v?

The s8 is heavier and has less power than the rs6 will be/have and its faster et and only a half mile an hour behind in the quarter trap speed.

And there is only one scenereo when itll keep up, a perfect dry weather launch. Too much throttle, cold roads, rain, etc,

Slower than a V with $40k in it :p

Ehh, my point is it's a fucking family hauler wagon. It doesn't matter all that much if it's a few tenths quicker or not. Is driving the Audi really worth a 40k premium? And if speed or acceleration is the deciding criteria you can make a lot of HP reliably with an LSA for not much money.

Ehh, my point is it's a fucking family hauler wagon. It doesn't matter all that much if it's a few tenths quicker or not. Is driving the Audi really worth a 40k premium? And if speed or acceleration is the deciding criteria you can make a lot of HP reliably with an LSA for not much money.

Maybe, just maybe after 40k of fabrication they can swap awd and all the tech over.

But probably not.

Since the DWiggs thread got bumped I felt I should mention that AWD is worthless and RWD cars are the fastest. A winter time 'Blizzak mod' on a V is a lot less than $40k.

Don't get me wrong, I think the car is awesome, but for the price I would buy a slightly used V wagon and a C7 Vette. I just can't get past the fact that it's a $100k wagon.

Guess it's time for me to bust this out again. Why do you people think AWD is just for snow? It's ALWAYS more grip. Even if you penalize the fuck out of someone by adding weight it doesn't matter...

This one dominated BTCC so bad in 1996 that AWD was banned

...yeah AWD is worthless :rolleyes:

If you watch the Top Gear episode where they test the B7 RS4, at the end Jeremy talks about a B5 RS4 being the pace car for some race where they had to tell the pace car to slow down cause it was getting away from the race cars :fuckyeah:

-------------------------------------------------

2010 Chevy Equinox - Family-mobile

2012 Chevy Volt - Wife-mobile

2007 Saturn Sky - GONE

2007 Saturn Sky - GONE

Meh. I've driven a lot more fast cars a lot harder then you ever will.

kickass - I thought my leading comment about the DWiggs thread would signal to all the Audi fanboys that what followed was sarcasm. It's an awesome car. AWD is awesome. This car will be fast. But it's a fucking $100k LOL wagon. No way in hell am I ever spending $100k on a wagon (no matter how much money I have).

Meh. I've driven a lot more fast cars a lot harder then you ever will.

kickass - I thought my leading comment about the DWiggs thread would signal to all the Audi fanboys that what followed was sarcasm. It's an awesome car. AWD is awesome. This car will be fast. But it's a fucking $100k LOL wagon. No way in hell am I ever spending $100k on a wagon (no matter how much money I have).

:lol:

And these cars would be????

2007 Saturn Sky - GONE

:lol:

And these cars would be????

My previous job was tuning ESC. I spent nearly every day on a test track for 5+ years driving the cars I worked on and competitor vehicles for benchmarking. At this time I owned a MSP (which was modified for track use and was used at Waterford, Gratten, Mid Ohio), a 125cc TAG TonyKart, the Sky, I did a few autocrosses in a friends Trans Am and another friend 400HP Talon, helped build a CRX for the $2005 GRM Challenge, was in FSAE in college, did my SCCA drivers school at Nelson Ledges...should I really go on?

Thank you for your contribution.

Happy to feed the trolls.

Something only people who can't afford the topic of discussion says.

:dumb:

Says the guy with a GTI? :dumb:

My previous job was tuning ESC. I spent nearly every day on a test track for 5+ years driving the cars I worked on and competitor vehicles for benchmarking. At this time I owned a MSP (which was modified for track use and was used at Waterford, Gratten, Mid Ohio), a 125cc TAG TonyKart, the Sky, I did a few autocrosses in a friends Trans Am and another friend 400HP Talon, helped build a CRX for the $2005 GRM Challenge, was in FSAE in college, did my SCCA drivers school at Nelson Ledges...should I really go on?

Not bad, :thumbup:

Says the guy with a GTI? :dumb:

What in the world does that have to do with anything?

I am not the one who said I wouldn't purchase a 100k car, no matter how much money I made. It was an ignorant comment.

The fact I can't afford it now, has no bearing on the fact I would purchase a 10 million dollar car if I was a billionaire.

You keep racking up the :dumb:

Hell is going to freeze over when.

Jones buys a Mustang

Dyno Brian buys a Audi

Anthony buys another mustang.

A 2000 hp rwd lambo runs over an awd lambo.

Rotaries become more reliable then a cummins diesel.

All the trolls leave CR.

Gas goes for less then a dollar a gallon.

Mcdonalds becomes a healthy place to eat.

Jobs come back from China to the US.

The word LOL not being used on CR anymore....

Yes I have a lot of time on my hands right now. At home sick with the flu after my mom leaving my house to the hospital for pneumonia. (She just had major open heart surgery.)

Carry on Jones with your thread. :) LOL