Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

Just of the top of my head, jermil martin was a mid Jan offer and he was committed to Iowa at the time. Transferred to some shitty little school in Iowa after 3 years.

Troy was the last offer in his class.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy was a elite 11 quarterback, I wouldn't say he was a "reach". I believe his late offer was due in part to character issues while in highschool (he was kicked out of St. Ed).

What OSU is doing right now is reaching, they have whiffed on 2 guys who they thought were theirs, now they are trying to offer as many WR's as possible in hopes that one of them picks OSU.

Corey Smith is a 4 star

Shelton Gibson is a 4 star

Corn Elder is a 4 star

Priester is a 3 star (and only 4 points below Elder)

How are those reaches when the 8 4*, 3 3* and a 2* Glenville are not reaches?

Troy was a 4* and a 1/25 visit. Much like Elder, Smith and Gibson, all 4* mid-jan visit, late offers.

Hell, I think Priester is the only true late offer

Well hell

10/16/2012: Ohio State Buckeyes offer Corey Smith

November 29, 2011 Ohio State offer to Shelton Gibson

April 03, 2012 Ohio State offer to Cornelius Elder

And obviously Priester isn't a slouch

June 15, 2012

Decommit:

Kyrin Priester decommits from Georgia Bulldogs

April 06, 2012

Commitment:

Kyrin Priester commitment to Georgia

Geez, Josh REALLY hates Urban and staff. They are doing some of the same things that Tressel did with recruiting (lol Kenny Guiton), yet all he can talk about is them being desperate, whiffing, and reaching.

No, please continue. I am learning more about our recruiting class from you guys scrapping over it than I can in any 15 threads on bucknuts.

Seriously, you guys are, at this point, arguing over semantics. You are both quoting the same damn facts, and have your own spin on them. Let's focus on what matters; who are we getting, who are we taking them from, and are they dope? Also, how badly are we going to make the B1G look next year?

Geez, Josh REALLY hates Urban and staff. They are doing some of the same things that Tressel did with recruiting (lol Kenny Guiton), yet all he can talk about is them being desperate, whiffing, and reaching.

I really wonder why he's an OSU fan sometimes.

Like I said on the Priester topic, I think the GA thing has some effect on it but it's probably got more to do with backing up Corey Smith/showing Taivon Jacobs if he visits Maryland they'll have no problem filling his spot.

If Priester tried to commit today I doubt they'd accept it. If they were desperate they'd offer a bunch of kids and take the first one to commit. They're "offering" kids to let them know they're interested in the event their better options don't pan out.

"I don't know any of these people, yet I know exactly what they are doing...why they are doing it and what they are saying."

-Everyone in here

Don't group me in that, homie. I don't know shit about recruiting (and I have a hard enough time just following what these guys are saying about it).

I really wonder why he's an OSU fan sometimes.

He reminds me of my friend's brother, who was infamous for just disagreeing with you on everything Ohio State regardless of what you said. It was like he just did it just to disagree. It turned into this running joke of sorts: it was impossible to have any sort of conversation with him without him turning it into a pessimism-fest about Ohio State.

Friend's Brother: "Ohio State's defense is terrible."

Us: "Yeah, they got burnt on a couple of bit plays."

Him: "Well, they weren't that bad. They were good against the run."

Us: "Yeah, that's true."

Him: "Whoa, let's not get carried away - they let some runs go a lot farther than they should have."

Us: *groan*

Welp, right on cue... Harris is football only now. MSU is screwed.

"I'm still committed, but I'm also looking at Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Florida State," he said.

"I just talked to Coach [Tom] Izzo and told him that I'm planning on just playing football," he said. "I talked to coach [Mark] Dantonio and told him I'm still committed there, but I'm opening up my recruitment. I'm starting to look at more of the bigger football schools since I'm just playing football now."

You can read quite a few. Especially all the ones that were hating on Ohio/Urban. There was a 15+ page thread about the initial article talking about Urban "going for a big flip" and all the posts were readable.

I think they got most of the meltdown under control though so a lot of the good stuff is back a few pages. That forum is surprisingly active.

"I'm still committed, but I'm also looking at Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Florida State," he said.

"I'm pretty much interested in any school in the AP Top 20."

At least - based on what he said he did - he's man enough to tell people straight up where his head is at with things. You have to respect that.

Whoa what the fuck???

(Off to check ESPN, Yahoo Sports, etc.)

Seconded.

EDIT: Confirmed. Interesting. Good fit for the type of talent the eagles have. Good thinking for him to stay out of Cleveland. Welcome back to mediocrity, Ducks.

And also, I LOVE the triple post, Johnny.

Have to wonder if he got wind of the forthcoming NCAA sanctions. Every Oregon fan was rejoicing when they thought he had decided to stay because 1) he's a good coach and 2) it meant any incoming sanctions couldn't be that bad. To do a 180 like this a lot of them are pretty terrified now. I think they should be just based on what I know about it. Obviously the NCAA knows more and is wildly inconsistent so they still may just get a slap on the wrist. But they have to know it's possible they just got Pete Carroll'd.