Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Phil being a pro blue ball player, I would think he would be the most sympathetic to te'o's imaginary girlfriend situation. I bet Phil has had his share of imaginary chicas too. :)

:p

but mine dont die/ they multiply!!! its my fantasy i do what i want

Looks like quite a bit of action regarding the 2014 class today. Another Glenville kid offered (should make 3 OSU takes from there this year then), a kid from Akron who may be confused about having an offer, then a 4* ATH out of Jersey who said OSU is his dream school.

I'm just sitting back and letting the Te'o thing resolve itself. I don't care that much but I definitely don't care at all about the insane speculation going on right now. The truth will ultimately come out and there will be a lot of people feeling like idiots one way or the other.

So with Crowell and O'Connor gone after yesterday looks like OSU will take 3-4 more in this class. Gotta like their chances with James Clark after Urban snuck in and stole his last official visit from Florida. Lots of people thinking Dontre Wilson will flip from Oregon. Some staff members down in Mississippi today to check on the Corey Smith situation. Obviously staff is still holding out hope for Vonn Bell. And they really want/need an OL but I don't know who. With the only Colorado player on the roster leaving to be closer to home (O'Connor) you've gotta think that eliminates Skipper. And Cameron Hunt is staying out west. Just under 2 weeks to go until signing day.

Yeah, they're planning on raising prices all around. Non-"premium" games will go up and games like the Michigan game will be $125+. I can't blame them. So much money is made on the secondary market with these tickets and I'd like nothing more than for that money to go straight to the football program instead.

Welp, final weekend before signing day next Wednesday. Some interesting stuff going on I guess. Bill Greene on Scout posted a pretty good summary of what's left now... 3 & 3 as he called it.

Gotta keep 3. Zeke Elliott possibly staying home with Mizzou, Trey Johnson possibly reuniting with the guy who got him to commit to Auburn in the first place who is now at Tennessee and Donovan Munger maybe to FSU.

Then there are 3 guys not committed to OSU left on the board... Dontre Wilson, James Clark and Vonn Bell. Bama, for some reason, appears out of it for Bell now. Different people having good feelings about Clark AND Wilson for whatever reason. Wilson visits Texas this weekend (no one seems to think they have a shot, Oregon-OSU battle). Clark is supposed to be making his 6th visit to Florida this weekend but maybe they don't have room or maybe Clark is just that enamored with OSU's business school and signs with the Buckeyes on Wednesday. Bell has shut things down and will announce Wednesday morning on ESPNU. Withers had the last say with him the other day and he and his family really like him so maybe he pulls it off. Tennessee is the competition here now. Bell is from GA but right on the border with Tennessee so it's really the home school in this equation.

Bill Greene on Scout, with good reason, had basically written off James Clark. But I guess there's some bit of info out there that made him put him back in the fold tonight. Clark spent this past weekend in Gainesville (his 6th visit to Florida) and for some reason there's something out there that made Greene post that maybe there's something else going on.

Lots of people starting to jump on the Bell to OSU bandwagon. I really hope so. I would have taken him over Wilson or Clark in a heartbeat not just because he's ranked higher on most sites but because OSU needs a good safety. It's been too long since they've had a truly elite one.

Ezekiel Elliott's dad posted a Youtube video tonight somewhat chronicling the recruitment of his son between OSU and Mizzou. At the end there was this image...

http://i.imgur.com/xMAcWle.png

Really hope OSU holds onto him. He and Wilson are nothing alike but you know teams were blowing up his phone/Twitter/e-mail/whatever after Dontre committed to try and keep planting that seed of doubt in his mind that he and Wilson are going to be competing for the same reps.

And now it looks like Taivon Jacobs may not be in the class. Could be a good sign for OSU and Clark. Could just be a result of OSU picking up Wilson. Who knows. There's really only 1 spot left in the class so "losing" him opens up space for Bell AND Clark tomorrow without needing a current player to transfer.