Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

Yeah, 2006 OSU was 35ppg (36ppg before Florida happened) and 2010 OSU was 39ppg.

Think about this though...

Last year's team, in Meyer's first year, was 37ppg. Higher than that 2006 team regardless of the Florida game.

I think 40ppg is almost a guarantee and wouldn't be surprised to see something close to 45ppg.

Oregon's tempo had a big influence on Meyer in his year off. He wants that. They couldn't do it last year because they had to help the defense a bit early on and they were missing the pivot (Jordan Hall would have been it last year, will be this year along with guys like Dontre Wilson and Jalin Marshall).

To get an idea... Oregon's ppg for the last few years...

2012 - 50

2011 - 46

2010 - 47

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, 2006 OSU was 35ppg (36ppg before Florida happened) and 2010 OSU was 39ppg.

Think about this though...

Last year's team, in Meyer's first year, was 37ppg. Higher than that 2006 team regardless of the Florida game.

I think 40ppg is almost a guarantee and wouldn't be surprised to see something close to 45ppg.

Oregon's tempo had a big influence on Meyer in his year off. He wants that. They couldn't do it last year because they had to help the defense a bit early on and they were missing the pivot (Jordan Hall would have been it last year, will be this year along with guys like Dontre Wilson and Jalin Marshall).

To get an idea... Oregon's ppg for the last few years...

2012 - 50

2011 - 46

2010 - 47

Interesting point...

I think the schedule is also going to give them a chance to average some high point numbers. I have a feeling that one more year in his system and BM getting better as a passer will equate to 40+ ppg this year. At least I hope!!!

Pavo

Interesting point...

I think the schedule is also going to give them a chance to average some high point numbers. I have a feeling that one more year in his system and BM getting better as a passer will equate to 40+ ppg this year. At least I hope!!!

Pavo

I am all for having 40+ per game. But I am more concerned with keep the opponents below 10 per game. I don't want anything like a repeat of the Indiana game last year. That was just pathetic.

I am all for having 40+ per game. But I am more concerned with keep the opponents below 10 per game. I don't want anything like a repeat of the Indiana game last year. That was just pathetic.

Defense is important but below 10 a game is a tall order. Since 2001 only 3 teams have done that.

2001 Miami

2008 USC

2011 Alabama

Just get it back down below 20 (teams averaged 23ppg against OSU last season) and they should be good. Below 15 would be excellent.

Front 7 is going to have a lot of new faces which may not be a bad thing with how the defense performed last season. But a lot of the issues were in the secondary (safeties especially) allowing big YAC and aside from Doran Grant stepping in for Travis Howard, the secondary remains the same. Will still have CJ Barnett who hasn't been the same since he blew out his knee and Christian Bryant who either lands huge hits or whiffs completely.

So I was bored today and looking for things to do. Decided to check out the funbus website and found these:

Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Purdue

Boilermakers...

in W. Lafayette, IN. Package

includes pre-game BYO tailgate party and ticket to

the game...Nov. 2..$175pp

Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Fighting Illini..

at Memorial Stadium in Champaign-Urbanna.

Includes 1-night hotel, dinner, breakfast,

game ticket and pre-game BYO tailgate party...Nov

15-16..$209pp

OSU vs. Northwestern...

in Evanston,IL.

1-night hotel and game ticket! Night game...Oct

5-6 (TBA)

I think we're going to do the Northwestern game since it's another night game. Just waiting on the price to be released.

I know a lot of OSU fans who say they always have a great time @ Northwestern games. Except of course in 2004.

One of the 3 toughest games for OSU this season I think. Right there with Wisconsin @ home but behind @ Michigan for sure.

Helmets for UM game were definitely great. Whole uniform would have been great had there been a better outline around the numbers and if the names weren't in black.

And I agree with the cheesiness of the facemask. It looks like a block O that would end up on an amateur cake decoration because the bars are rounded. Just doesn't work.

Those facemasks are horrible.

I didn't care for the unis that were worn for the Michigan game last year.

NO on the chrome helmets? I love tradition, don't get me wrong, but some of the shit they are coming out with now for some teams is straight sick.

NO on the chrome helmets? I love tradition, don't get me wrong, but some of the shit they are coming out with now for some teams is straight out of Oregon's playbook.

Fixed for ya. I too wasn't a fan of the uniforms last year. In fact I have hated every single one of the "throwback/pro combat" uniforms. I really would rather see OSU/Michigan with both in their home colors. Give me Blue vs Scarlet every year and I would be a happy camper.

NO on the chrome helmets? I love tradition, don't get me wrong, but some of the shit they are coming out with now for some teams is straight sick.

No, I'm all for the chrome. The uniform overall didn't do it for me.

I agree completely - tradition is fine, but I'm also on board with the changes, too. Oregon is on the cutting edge fashion-wise and, while that won't win a lot of football games per se, it attracts a lot of good athletes that will win those games. I'm all for it.

Speaking of traditions that could go away: noon games. In fact, every game Ohio State plays should be at night. Or most of them, anyway.

I really would rather see OSU/Michigan with both in their home colors. Give me Blue vs Scarlet every year and I would be a happy camper.

This cannot be quoted enough.

Seriously, I don't know why more teams don't do this. USC/UCLA have done it and it's fucking fantastic. If I'm not mistaken, the road team that doesn't wear white has to forfeit a timeout at the beginning of the game. USC/UCLA have countered that by just burning one of their own to even things out at the get-go. No reason Michigan and Ohio State couldn't do that.

One can only hope right? BTW I was up on campus yesterday (had lunch at the varsity club) and went to a few Buckeye stores. The price of this years jersey is insane, $120 for the authentic ones and $90 for the replicas. The material they are using sucks for bigger guys too. I would have to get atleast a 3x in order to not look like a royal fatass lol. I do like the Buckeye leaves on the collar.

One can only hope right? BTW I was up on campus yesterday (had lunch at the varsity club) and went to a few Buckeye stores. The price of this years jersey is insane, $120 for the authentic ones and $90 for the replicas. The material they are using sucks for bigger guys too. I would have to get atleast a 3x in order to not look like a royal fatass lol. I do like the Buckeye leaves on the collar.

So, what you're saying is that the shirts are made ultra tight for chachis like me? Can't wait to pick one up. :)

"Does this come in size small?"

"Sure, is this for your son?"

"Uhhh, yes, it's for him. My son, who is much smaller than me and wears this size. For him, yes, thanks."

So, what you're saying is that the shirts are made ultra tight for chachis like me? Can't wait to pick one up. :)

"Uhhh, yes, it's for him. My son, who is much smaller than me and wears this size. For him, yes, thanks."

Lol yes that is what I am saying, now if your 300lbs such as myself it's not quite as form flattering. The stripes on the sleeves feel like rubber, on a positive note from yesterdays trip my wife was finally able to find a #54 jersey. Only took us a year to find her one and Simon is gone haha

Baby gap is where it's at! :gabe: