Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what exactly is being said? Hyde broke some rules? Hyde is opting to leave?

Hit his girlfriend/a girl at a club.

Case # 130601570 Title 254 - Assault

Report # 130601570-001 Subject 254 - Assault

Location N High St & E 15th Ave

City Columbus Zone 4

Precinct 4 District 44

Occurred 7/20/2013 1:30:00 AM Between N/A

Report Date 7/20/2013 3:02:39 AM

Reported By Officer Ribar Badge 2392

Report Narrative

The victim stated that on the listed date and time at the listed location that the listed Suspect struck her in the face with his elbow. The Victim stated that her nose began to bleed and she fell to the ground which caused her to twist her ankle. The Victim stated that she advised the bar staff of the incident but they did nothing to help her.

Here's a wall at the WHAC with the "golden rules" if you will under Urban...

http://i.imgur.com/c4JyuST.jpg

Also, Ben Axelrod from Rivals is saying Hyde's dismissal won't be the only bad news in the next day or so. Looks like a kid in the 2013 class may have had multiple not-so-significant issues add up over the summer and recently used up his last life and may also be gone...

Gotta love the off-season.

Doubt it's Baugh. That was a one-time thing and he's getting the Mewhort/Stoneburner treatment. Basically not part of the team until he fulfills community service obligations. It sounds like it's a kid who has done several little things to annoy Urban while not being real legal issues and he's had enough. We'll know soon enough.

Looks like that police case thingy I quoted earlier was the wrong one.

Here's the right one with Hyde named as a person of interest...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/07/23834/ohio-state-running-back-carlos-hyde-named-as-suspect-in-police-report?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer982da&utm_medium=twitter

And the guy who first had the story posts a DM convo from twitter that he had with the names removed...

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2013/07/22/accusations-against-carlos-hyde/

It's been confirmed that at this morning's team meeting Hyde and the freshman who has yet to be identified were not present.

lol, I am getting downvotes on Reddit for saying this

From what I understood, that "bulk" was still going to be less than half. Hall was going to get carries from his hybrid spot, then there were 3 other RB's that were gonna deserve carries. Something like 30% Hall, 30% Hyde. 20% Rod Smith, 20% the other 2

From what I understood, that "bulk" was still going to be less than half. Hall was going to get carries from his hybrid spot, then there were 3 other RB's that were gonna deserve carries. Something like 30% Hall, 30% Hyde. 20% Rod Smith, 20% the other 2

Yeah, I mean Hyde would be a big loss, but I think if there is any position we can "afford" to lose a guy, it's at the RB spot.

Yeah, I mean Hyde would be a big loss, but I think if there is any position we can "afford" to lose a guy, it's at the RB spot.

I think everyone just forgets about the 2 guys we have sitting in that Hybrid position with Wilson and Hall. In WalrusBall, this would be a major "oh-shit" moment. I didn't think the offense was going to be as reliant on the short power run game this season as they were last. We have over 700 lbs of running back with Smith, Ball and Dunn, we won;t be short on the power game either.

Yeah, I saw that. I don't agree with that but I wouldn't downvote it. I think Urban was going to make Hyde his first ever 1,000 yard RB this season. Now we'll see a more even split like you have there. Smith/Dunn will likely get the carries Hyde would have gotten and Hall/the others will get the carries they were going to get. At least that's how I hope it plays out. I loved how Hyde was running at the end of last season. Smith/Dunn will have to step it up big time to fill those shoes. Hyde was consistently just pounding up the inside for 5-6 yards a carry. When you have that ability in your back pocket it opens other things up.

At least this is happening before camp starts. Smith, Dunn, Ball, etc., etc. should be foaming at the mouth now.

And Bill Greene on Scout had this to say about the 2013 freshmen...

"A few of the frosh have gotten off to rocky starts so far........."

nevada said the team is at something of a tipping point and this morning's meeting would go a long way in which way it went. Have to imagine Urban put his foot down. Now just have to see how the kids react.

I don't agree with that

Why not? That's basically what every analyst thought the offense was going to be this season. Urban just had too many players with skill to give Hyde 50+% of the carries. 30-40% is where he was gonna be. Personally, I think if Smith holds onto the ball, he will end up with more carries than Hyde was going to. He is much more of a dynamic runner, definitely a overall better fit.

Why not? That's basically what every analyst thought the offense was going to be this season. Urban just had too many players with skill to give Hyde 50+% of the carries. 30-40% is where he was gonna be. Personally, I think if Smith holds onto the ball, he will end up with more carries than Hyde was going to. He is much more of a dynamic runner, definitely a overall better fit.

Hyde had 56% of the HB carries last season and he missed 2 1/2 games.

I understand this team has some new potential weapons and Hall will be back but Hyde was the sure thing.

There were also plenty of people saying that Smith was poised to step up this season and potentially take even more of Hyde's PT due to being a much more dynamic player

Looks like that police case thingy I quoted earlier was the wrong one.

Here's the right one with Hyde named as a person of interest...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/07/23834/ohio-state-running-back-carlos-hyde-named-as-suspect-in-police-report?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer982da&utm_medium=twitter

And the guy who first had the story posts a DM convo from twitter that he had with the names removed...

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2013/07/22/accusations-against-carlos-hyde/

It's been confirmed that at this morning's team meeting Hyde and the freshman who has yet to be identified were not present.

Since charges haven't been filed and people haven't heard the other side of the story. Who knows what the real story is. Girls are crazy, this girl could be just another attention whore. Carlos Hyde could have just accidently bumped her/ran into her. Just hope people don't jump to conclusions too quick before everything comes out.

There were also plenty of people saying that Smith was poised to step up this season and potentially take even more of Hyde's PT due to being a much more dynamic player

Rod Smith is a better running back than Hyde, as long as if Smith can hold on to the ball that is.

Rod Smith is a better running back than Hyde, as long as if Smith can hold on to the ball that is.

I hate to say this, I really really do, but R. Smith is a more modern mold of Eddie George. Just his running style, his size, and his receiving ability (dont forget, EG had 47 receptions his heisman year, 47!!!!)

So Roby was arrested over the weekend too. Someone shoot me.

Yeah, I don't think anything happens to him other than maybe sitting the first game and all the other shit. No different than Stoneburner and Mehort's arrest really.

Yeah, I don't think anything happens to him other than maybe sitting the first game and all the other shit. No different than Stoneburner and Mehort's arrest really.

Think it's a little different. He refused to leave a bar and had to be subdued by the bouncers. Battery resulting in injury. Mewhort and Stoneburner peed on a building and ran from the cops.

Plus Roby is supposed to be a fucking leader. When one of your "leaders" is out getting arrested then you're not in good shape.

Think it's a little different. He refused to leave a bar and had to be subdued by the bouncers. Battery resulting in injury. Mewhort and Stoneburner peed on a building and ran from the cops.
$20 that it is dropped to a disorderly. All that could mean is that he tried to get away from the bouncer and bruised his arm. BFD.

Vonn Bell not at team meetings this morning, apparently got arrested for an open container as well. Anyone seeing a common theme here?

That these guys need to stay away from booze, lol