Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing that popped in my head after I read that you want TP to be successful at Oakland. They were working out Jamarcus Russell.

Yeah.........

Haha, that's why I put "no sarcasm." Seriously, I would like to see him be successful, though I think it's mostly because I just want it to reflect favorably on Ohio State. (Of course haters will find some way to turn that around on Ohio State, but whatever.)

I'm still thinking if we just take care of business and win out, we'll be in. We should take care of SDSU easily I HOPE...they got handled by E. Illinois 40-19. We should win by 40+, I hope we don't slam on the brakes in the 2nd and 3rd quarter like we're prone to doing.

I trust ESPNs ranking more as OSU should drop...

Hater much? All I see from you is bitching about Ohio State. Michigan fan I'm guessing? As a big Buckeye fan, I truly do hope that UM is undafeeted when we play them, so the victory will be that much sweeter. The growing trend lately is UM fans hating on OSU, while OSU fans simply want Michigan to continue to become more relevant so the rivalry can be back to where it should be.

Well in college football where it's judged like gymnastics, if you have a poor showing like the buckeyes did Saturday, usually you drop. I heard many people speak of the poor play of the Buckeyes today. It was on every program on 97.1 today. From national ESPN shows like Mike and Mike, and Cowherd, to Common man and Co. What you call hating is mere observation. See when my lions play like shit (which is quite often in my life) I can admit that they look and play like shit. I can admit they need more work or better talent. I'm not blinded by my fan boi mentality.

Michigan can fuck off and wallow in the misery of us owning them the past decade. I survived the Cooper era and can still recall smug ass Michigan fans talk condescendingly about Ohio State and make dumb references about how Michigan State is a bigger rival. How you fucking like us now, you maize and blue fucks? Little bitches. You can lose every game for all I care. And I wish when we beat your asses it would count for two losses. Fuck your stupid winged helmets, your cemetery-quiet "big house," and your quaint, snobbish, coffee-house college town filled with intellectual hipsters that conveniently fall back on academics when we hang L's on you.

*i realize I'm talking to no one in particular. Don't care. Feels fucking fabulous.

And to say Buckeye fans want Michigan to win games is fucking laughable, the vast majority want Michigan to lose every game they play, we should do a poll.

Maybe ignorant fans. But fans that know when both teams are very relevant, there is a lot more meaning/worth to the game. With the B1G being as down as it is, a win against a top 5 Michigan team could be the difference between OSU making the NC game or not due to a victory over a quality opponent. Same goes for Michigan. I would LOVE to see a big matchup (11-0 vs 11-0).

I was actually going to reply to the other Wolverine fan in here earlier by saying I love it when they're smug and arrogant. Beating the wet noodles they had become wasn't nearly as fun as the wins in 2002 (locked up the national title game bid), 2004 (underdogs, Troy went off), 2005 (@ Michigan, Gonazalez had "The Catch"), 2006 (no explanation needed), 2007 (Henne and Hart weren't 100% but it sealed their careers at 0-4 against OSU) and last year (locked up the undefeated season, Urban starts off 1-0). The wins in 2008-2010 were largely joyless. Aside from seeing OSU fans take over Michigan's stadium and doing the O-H-I-O chant in 2009.