Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

That game hurts the big ten regardless. This sport is judged like gymnastics, their "performance" will not be pretty enough. They will fall in the rankings.

It's just nice to say " what was that you UM fans were saying about OSU vs UB?"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So watching ND squeak by Purdue makes feel better about my Bearcats that throttled Purdue... And even though it was an FCS team, the Bearcats were firing on all cylinders without the QB controversy and a hopefully now healed Branden Kay. The 66-9 win is what it should be against an FCS team....

tonight Cal ran 53 in the first half alone.

That's the whole thing. OSU started bleeding clock on their 2nd drive of the 3rd quarter and Cal kept their pace going. Both teams ended up with almost 90 plays ran. The defense had some of the bad tackling return in the 2nd half but for the most part I liked what I saw. Goff is going to be GOOD. That throw where the receiver "beat" Roby for a TD was just an absolutely perfect throw. Reminds me of one of Mallett's TD's against OSU in the Sugar Bowl. Indefensible. And the kid's a true freshman.

And Wisconsin had a probable win stolen from them by the refs tonight. Such a fun game to watch just ruined by (surprise, surprise) Pac 12 refs.

Personally having watched cal play once before this year, I knew this is what would happen. The style of offense they run they are gonna get their 90+ plays which translates into their 500+ yards. That first TD pass was perfectly thrown and everyone on the field was confused (offense and defense) and then the first screen that went for a TD was just plain gorgeous

Defense is young and it's showing, although Roby has been burnt on a couple plays including a td catch. I did see an interesting stat though, in 2009 Iowa ran 55 plays the entire game, tonight Cal ran 53 in the first half alone.

I thought Roby played a pretty good game, yes he was burnt a couple of times. But playing against a fast pace throwing offense like that will be tiring. He was guarding their best receiver the whole game and Treggs was pretty much locked down the entire game. He had 7 tackles and 2 PDs that game.

Didn't see anyone bring it up yet. But Wisconsin last play of the game. WTF?

If the refs didn't blow the whistle, and it was ruled a fumble like it should have been, that would give Sanchez's butt fumble a run for its money in the not top 10 (if the butt fumbled wasn't retired). Come play at Wisconsin where we don't know the fundamentals of football!

Coach, QB, Refs....all should be ashamed of that fiasco.

If the refs didn't blow the whistle, and it was ruled a fumble like it should have been, that would give Sanchez's butt fumble a run for its money in the not top 10 (if the butt fumbled wasn't retired). Come play at Wisconsin where we don't know the fundamentals of football!

I don't think either of you understand what was going on.

Wisconsin was excatly where they needed to be. Stave got the snap, went to the center of the field, took a knee (very clearly took a knee, and one ref even blew the whistle and signled the end of the play). The next play was going to be a spike to bring the field goal unit out. Stave set the ball down so the refs could spot it and put it into play faster. He got up, the line got into position to run the next play, and ASU decided to jump on the ball, delaying the refs setting it for play. The refs then held off Wisconsin from running the play until time ran out.

The refs have been punished by the PAC 12.

http://pac-12.com/article/2013/09/16/pac-12-reprimands-game-officials-wisconsin-arizona-state-game

ASU should have been flagged for delay of game and there should have been an untimed down.