Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

It looked like Stave ran to the middle if the field and just set the ball down. I was pretty hammered while watching it, so I very well could have missed the quick knee lol

It was really akward because one his lineman was pushed into him as he was taking a knee.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He definitely put his knee down but he did it sooo fast you had to slow down the action to see it happen. That is on him. Refs don't have built-in slo mo. Their mistake was later as has been mentioned. There just wasn't enough time to run that play just to center the ball and that is on the Coach. (as well as being responsible for drilling his team on this type of situation which is very, very common). From there it is all ref error. Crazy.

He definitely put his knee down but he did it sooo fast you had to slow down the action to see it happen. That is on him. Refs don't have built-in slo mo. Their mistake was later as has been mentioned. There just wasn't enough time to run that play just to center the ball and that is on the Coach. (as well as being responsible for drilling his team on this type of situation which is very, very common). From there it is all ref error. Crazy.

18 seconds is more than enough for 2 plays with the clock running and have enough time after a spike to snap the ball (as the clock would be stopped). Also, they had practiced this same exact situation, and were running the exact script they had for this exact situation. There were no play calls. The team and QB knew exactly what they were doing. Center ball, spike ball, FG. Wisconsin was lining up ON THE BALL when ASU jumped on it.

The ref behind the LOS saw the kneel and whistled it dead and signled that the play was over. It was the fault of the refs that they did not control the situation and call the proper penalty.

I thought this was pretty hilarious.

"That's my school, but they don't really accept me. I've moved on to what I have now, and that's just football. Those guys kicked me out of school after all those things I did not them."

-Terrelle Pryor

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9683780/terrelle-pryor-oakland-raiders-quarterback-upset-ohio-state-buckeyes

"That's my school, but they don't really accept me. I've moved on to what I have now, and that's just football. Those guys kicked me out of school after all those things I did not them."

-Terrelle Pryor

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9683780/terrelle-pryor-oakland-raiders-quarterback-upset-ohio-state-buckeyes

He has a point. Tressel had violations way worse than his, and he was hoisted on the shoulders of players during Halftime of the OSU/Michigan game last November. Pryor couldn't even buy a ticket and sit in the stands with everyone else at the Cal game this past Saturday.

I mentioned the Wisconsin thing the night it happened at the bottom of a post about something else.

And Wisconsin had a probable win stolen from them by the refs tonight. Such a fun game to watch just ruined by (surprise, surprise) Pac 12 refs.

Anyone blaming Wisconsin's players or staff in any way simply doesn't understand the rules or what actually happened.

-Terrelle Pryor

I'm not an OSU follower for all the details, but I guess I dont see why its hilarious? The article did also say "Ohio State went 31-4 in games that Pryor started."... seems to me he did do quite a bit for them?

I think it's a lot easier to be sympathetic toward Pryor now than, say, just six months ago because of the whole Johnny Manziel/NCAA fiasco.

Also, Pryor was wildly successful during his time here. However - and I realize this is completely illogical of me to admit - but it still seems like, somehow, he underachieved. That sounds really stupid when you say it out loud, but still there's just this kind of lingering cloud of what-might-have-been hanging over his legacy. I'm sure that has a lot to do with how things ended and, to a lesser extent, just how highly I regarded his athleticism and ability to win games.

Question it may be dumb, I'm not an OSU fan:

After Guiton leaves this year and Miller leaves this year or next, who is in line after them.

Cardale Jones and JT Barrett.

Cardale is more of a Tebow/Pryor type guy

Barrett more like Guiton

They are Urban recruits?

Kinda. Jones was offered and signed by Tressel, but went to Fork Union for a year, and Meyer kept him come 2012. Barrett is a Meyer recruit. I think Meyer really likes Cardale's intangibles.

Also I know Michigan squeaked by Akron and all, but after looking at the schedules for both OSU and Michigan is it not a pretty good reality that these two play twice this year? Nebraska was just handed their ass in Lincoln, assuming that team up north goes into Lansing and wins, and then wins at Nortwestern, I don't see them losing at home. I see OSU playing well and better down the stretch. So if they both beat Nebraska and Northwestern, and Michigan beats Michigan State, even if OSU wins the last week, they rematch in Indianapolis right?

Also I know Michigan squeaked by Akron and all, but after looking at the schedules for both OSU and Michigan is it not a pretty good reality that these two play twice this year? Nebraska was just handed their ass in Lincoln, assuming that team up north goes into Lansing and wins, and then wins at Nortwestern, I don't see them losing at home. I see OSU playing well and better down the stretch. So if they both beat Nebraska and Northwestern, and Michigan beats Michigan State, even if OSU wins the last week, they rematch in Indianapolis right?

Yeah, if Michigan doesn't lose to anyone in their division, then they will be in B10CG regardless of win or loss to Ohio State.

I think it's a lot easier to be sympathetic toward Pryor now than, say, just six months ago because of the whole Johnny Manziel/NCAA fiasco.

Also, Pryor was wildly successful during his time here. However - and I realize this is completely illogical of me to admit - but it still seems like, somehow, he underachieved. That sounds really stupid when you say it out loud, but still there's just this kind of lingering cloud of what-might-have-been hanging over his legacy. I'm sure that has a lot to do with how things ended and, to a lesser extent, just how highly I regarded his athleticism and ability to win games.

Thats because, right or wrong, OSU fan base expectation every year is NCG. And when that falls short, it feels like a 'let down' or 'not enough'... At least, thats my outside, looking-in view of it...

I don't think either of you understand what was going on.

Wisconsin was excatly where they needed to be. Stave got the snap, went to the center of the field, took a knee (very clearly took a knee, and one ref even blew the whistle and signled the end of the play). The next play was going to be a spike to bring the field goal unit out. Stave set the ball down so the refs could spot it and put it into play faster. He got up, the line got into position to run the next play, and ASU decided to jump on the ball, delaying the refs setting it for play. The refs then held off Wisconsin from running the play until time ran out.

The refs have been punished by the PAC 12.

http://pac-12.com/article/2013/09/16/pac-12-reprimands-game-officials-wisconsin-arizona-state-game

ASU should have been flagged for delay of game and there should have been an untimed down.

yeap, read that after I posted. Sucks to be Wisconsin, especially when we play them this year. The B1G needs those OOC wins.

I'm not an OSU follower for all the details, but I guess I dont see why its hilarious? The article did also say "Ohio State went 31-4 in games that Pryor started."... seems to me he did do quite a bit for them?

Oh Pryor did tons for Ohio State's football program. Just most Ohio State fans are butt sore because he broke his promise to tressel. He was suppose to stay his senoir year and because tressel got fired, he left the team. After that, people were like what an asshole. I always respected his decision and he was a good player. He did underacheive due to his arrogance. He could have been a much better QB while he was at Ohio State.

Suffice to say, If Miller decides to go pro this year, next years QB battle will be the talk of the offseason at tOSU.

There is no way miller will be going pro this year. If he wants to be drafted anywhere near the 1st or 2nd round, he needs to get much better as a QB.

So do you want Miller back on the field OSU fans? Or is this like the SF situation, Smith gets a concussion, and sits and loses his job to KaperINeedToShaveMyEyebrow. Is Guiton the Starter now? I'd leave the guy in until he fucks up.... Guiton looks better right now than Braxton did in the first two he played. Am I crazy?

So do you want Miller back on the field OSU fans? Or is this like the SF situation, Smith gets a concussion, and sits and loses his job to KaperINeedToShaveMyEyebrow. Is Guiton the Starter now? I'd leave the guy in until he fucks up.... Guiton looks better right now than Braxton did in the first two he played. Am I crazy?

Yes you are crazy. OSU can only run about half their plays with Guiton. He doesn't have the arm strength miller does and just plain can't make the throws needed

There is no way miller will be going pro this year. If he wants to be drafted anywhere near the 1st or 2nd round, he needs to get much better as a QB.

He needs to get a lot better from last year. We have hardly seen Miller this season. Definitely not enough to determine how much he has improved