Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

Lol yes that is what I am saying, now if your 300lbs such as myself it's not quite as form flattering. The stripes on the sleeves feel like rubber, on a positive note from yesterdays trip my wife was finally able to find a #54 jersey. Only took us a year to find her one and Simon is gone haha

Reppin' a kid who idolized Simon instead... Billy Price.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

Manziel under investigation for possibly accepting a 5-figure payment to sign autographs down in Miami.

I'm sure ESPN and the SEC will try as hard as possible to get this swept under the rug, like every other violation any SEC player commits.

I'm sure ESPN and the SEC will try as hard as possible to get this swept under the rug, like every other violation any SEC player commits.

It's interesting. ESPN's Outside the Lines is the biggest outlet reporting this so far. They seem to be in on the story. They avoided the Cam Newton story like the plague and it was quickly dealt with and closed. They're jumping on this one. It could very well be dealt with and closed just as fast (it will have to be fast anyway with the season less than a month away) but something feels different about this one. It's SEC, sure, but it's new SEC. A big, bad Texas team joins the SEC, takes down mighty Alabama in Tuscaloosa and has a Heisman winner in their first year in the conference? The other SEC teams who have done things a certain way for decades might not like that too much. So while teams down there would normally keep their mouths shut with regards to each others' transgressions maybe ol' Saban has hired his own team of PI's to track this story down...lol.

getting kicked out of college football would be the best thing that could happen to em. he would get signed to some nfl practice squad. where he would stay for a year then signed on as a back up for a couple years then start. getting out of college would save his career.

getting kicked out of college football would be the best thing that could happen to em. he would get signed to some nfl practice squad. where he would stay for a year then signed on as a back up for a couple years then start. getting out of college would save his career.

lol that's a bit extreme.

Jeeeezuz, the comments on some of the sites reporting, in support of Manziel, are eyebrow raising. Where were all these "the NCAA is pointless", "kids should be making money off their names" comments when it was Terrelle Pryor and company doing it?

Reese Davis even made a comment last night about how kids should get paid for their likeness (video games and signing autographs), funny I never heard one person say that about OSU. I have read comments where some people think that the other SEC schools may have turned on A&M. They are saying that the SEC schools might not like A&M walking in to the conference, knocking off Alabama, having their guy win the Heisman. To me that sounds crazy, but any thing is possible in this day and age. Maybe Manziel can blame it on him just being a 20 year old college kid

Jeeeezuz, the comments on some of the sites reporting, in support of Manziel, are eyebrow raising. Where were all these "the NCAA is pointless", "kids should be making money off their names" comments when it was Terrelle Pryor and company doing it?

Lots of people were saying that until Tressel was caught. The biggest thing people were ragging on OSU at time for was because they got to play in the Sugar Bowl.

If Manziel, whos father, btw, is a millionaire, took money for his autographs...he is quite possibly the dumbest student athlete I can think of. I mean, bruh makes it rain wherever he goes, why the fuck would he need money for that shit? Stupid.

Manziel also strikes me as the type of guy who is so narcissistic that he wouldn't sign his autograph for free.

Granted, I only base this on the little I know from his public persona, but still.

Yeah Johnny is starting to sound more and more like a douche. I'm glad those Texas frat boys kicked him out of their party lol.

I'm getting sick of hearing about this fuck tard.

He became the Heisman leading candidate like 6 days before the vote, as Ben said, it had to go to someone.

I listen to Mike and Mike every morning and they tweeted out that he should be allowed to make money off his signature, which I disagree with. The rules apply to everyone, he has his whole life to make money off his signature.

He's clowding the start of football...but I guess there really isn't shit else going on.

I think people bashing what he did last season now are letting what has transpired since he won the Heisman mess with their heads a bit too much. He had an incredible season. It's just people didn't buy into it until after he led his team to victory @ #1 Alabama. It was like that game made the rest of his ridiculous stat lines count all of a sudden. And I don't have a problem with that. Obviously he's proven to be something of a douche since hoisting the trophy but I'm not going to let that ruin what he did last season.

Onto other SEC business... LSU RB Jeremy Hill has been reinstated to the team after his teammates voted for it to be done...lol. For those who don't know, Hill sucker punched someone outside a bar a while back. Video evidence and everything. This was also a violation of his probation. And just...boom. Right back on the team. Meanwhile Urban has a freshman TE completely suspended from all team activities right now for underage drinking/fake ID, a likely 1st round CB set to be suspended a game or two for getting into it with some bouncers at a bar and the team's leading rusher suspended 3 games in a case where charges weren't even filed. It's just different in the SEC.

Did you know that his nickname of Johnny Football is a registered trademark lol. I have been reading about him more today since I don't know a lot about his recruitment or anything like that. His highschool numbers are video game like

Senior year: 3,609 yards with 45 TDs and 5 INTs, 170 carries for 1,674 yards and 30 TDs. Count em up, that's 75 touchdowns. I know highschool teams that haven't scored 75 touchdowns in the last 10 years combined (Newark haha)

Career: 7,626 yards and 76 touchdowns, rushed 531 times for 4,045 yards and 77 touchdowns and caught 30 passes for 582 yards and another five touchdowns.

Originally committed to Oregon

Onto other SEC business... LSU RB Jeremy Hill has been reinstated to the team after his teammates voted for it to be done...lol. For those who don't know, Hill sucker punched someone outside a bar a while back. Video evidence and everything. This was also a violation of his probation. And just...boom. Right back on the team. Meanwhile Urban has a freshman TE completely suspended from all team activities right now for underage drinking/fake ID, a likely 1st round CB set to be suspended a game or two for getting into it with some bouncers at a bar and the team's leading rusher suspended 3 games in a case where charges weren't even filed. It's just different in the SEC.

Why am I not surprised by any of this? WTF

Meanwhile, Urban is being blamed for the Hernandez murder and the second gunman on the grassy knoll.