Get your tax refund yet?

Akula

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got all my W2s and my 1098E from paid off school loan interest. Doing my taxes this weekend.

Married filing seperate = no student loan interest deduction FTL. My wife more than maxes out the deduction, but we can't use it. Sucks. If we filed joint it would jump our rates AND her student loan payments.

I cant even file yet because the some damn school tax credit isnt approved as of yet......These guys need to get their shit together....I have to pay on time, and I bet these guys arent extending the deadline when you cant file on time....The government here baffles me.

DO as I say....Not as I do.

I cant even file yet because the some damn school tax credit isnt approved as of yet......These guys need to get their shit together....I have to pay on time, and I bet these guys arent extending the deadline when you cant file on time....The government here baffles me.

DO as I say....Not as I do.

I'm guessing the government is delaying a lot of tax credits this year on purpose. I would assume a lot of people that need the money right away will pass on certain credits so they dont have to wait until March to get paid.

• 2 weeks later...
Got federal yesterday. State for the last few years have owed between $30-40 each year. This year im somehow getting like $160 back. Already spent about 1/3 f my federal on events im doing throughout the year so i dont have to think about budgeting for them at the time, and a couple goodies ive wanted.