How's your daily hustle?

Miller

This thread is to share stories with each other on how you're getting ahead, one small leap at a time (or failing and we lulz). It' not being douche-e but trying to get the best discounts/advantages and sharing how you did so. Does anyone feel as though the guys getting closer to retirement are losing their touch with the technology barrier? You'll see what I mean.

Dealership:

Went to get my complementary oil change with a certain dealership. It was hell getting scheduled (three weeks in advance). When I get there (during work hours) they say they forgot to update inventory and had no filter. I immediately opened up on the representative and ask for satisfaction for my drive, time and missed servicing. He says "my hands are tied" and offers me a tire rotation. I thanked him in my head for this and asked for management. I stated I was pissed, I'm missing work, if I have to come back in two weeks I'll be over on my service on a new car (expressing I was very concerned about metal flakes in mah engine!).

Ended up with:

-Tire rotation

-Free oil change

-Free racetrack LED lights installed

-They forgot to take my oil change voucher, I'll be back for my second one soon

Furniture store:

Older guy approaches me and asks what I'm looking for today. He immediately rubs be the wrong way. Red socks, Christmas looking sweater, an overcompensated handshake with worn out loafers. I tell him I want a grey sectional (I already knew the model I was there to buy). He sits down at his computer, complaining "it's slow" and double clicking everything in sight. I keep piecing together what I want until he finds it by description down to a single model. I tell him "That's great and I can't wait to stop by after work and get the couch!" I then send an email from the office and state along the lines of I'm sorry - my girlfriend found a deal online for $500 less, includes the full set (his didn't have an ottoman) with financing and free delivery. I include a link for him to show the difference. When you put it in your cart you have to add the ottoman, delivery is only free to the curb(costs more to carry it in) and there is no financing vs his 24 month same as cash. He matches it! All because I knew he wouldn't be savvy enough with a computer.

Ended up with:

-24 month 0 interest

-free delivery

-HUGE discount

What about you chums?

• Downvote 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is to share stories with each other on how you're getting ahead, one small leap at a time (or failing and we lulz). It' not being douche-e but trying to get the best discounts/advantages and sharing how you did so. Does anyone feel as though the guys getting closer to retirement are losing their touch with the technology barrier? You'll see what I mean.

Dealership:

Went to get my complementary oil change with a certain dealership. It was hell getting scheduled (three weeks in advance). When I get there (during work hours) they say they forgot to update inventory and had no filter. I immediately opened up on the representative and ask for satisfaction for my drive, time and missed servicing. He says "my hands are tied" and offers me a tire rotation. I thanked him in my head for this and asked for management. I stated I was pissed, I'm missing work, if I have to come back in two weeks I'll be over on my service on a new car (expressing I was very concerned about metal flakes in mah engine!).

Ended up with:

-Tire rotation

-Free oil change

-Free racetrack LED lights installed

-They forgot to take my oil change voucher, I'll be back for my second one soon

Furniture store:

Older guy approaches me and asks what I'm looking for today. He immediately rubs be the wrong way. Red socks, Christmas looking sweater, an overcompensated handshake with worn out loafers. I tell him I want a grey sectional (I already knew the model I was there to buy). He sits down at his computer, complaining "it's slow" and double clicking everything in sight. I keep piecing together what I want until he finds it by description down to a single model. I tell him "That's great and I can't wait to stop by after work and get the couch!" I then send an email from the office and state along the lines of I'm sorry - my girlfriend found a deal online for $500 less, includes the full set (his didn't have an ottoman) with financing and free delivery. I include a link for him to show the difference. When you put it in your cart you have to add the ottoman, delivery is only free to the curb(costs more to carry it in) and there is no financing vs his 24 month same as cash. He matches it! All because I knew he wouldn't be savvy enough with a computer.

Ended up with:

-24 month 0 interest

-free delivery

-HUGE discount

What about you chums?

you sound cheap.... namsaying?

Hmm I dont really have too many cheap ass frills but I always price match things @ jegs. I always have my part numbers and then google that item until I find the cheapest price and have them match it. Most times its even cheaper then the racer discount.

Also I shop at Advance auto parts almost exclusively for repair parts since they always have online discount promo codes.

Anymore you gotta take what you can get, usually always shop online if and look for free shipping as well.

Hmm I dont really have too many cheap ass frills but I always price match things @ jegs. I always have my part numbers and then google that item until I find the cheapest price and have them match it. Most times its even cheaper then the racer discount.

Also I shop at Advance auto parts almost exclusively for repair parts since they always have online discount promo codes.

Anymore you gotta take what you can get, usually always shop online if and look for free shipping as well.

Never done that but will. I need a few things for spring.

If I'm ordering replacement parts for my car and I can wait a few days or a week, I like to use http://www.rockauto.com. They have pretty good pricing, and the parts usually end up at my door in 2-3 days. I like to shop for anything I can online, you can almost always get something cheaper than going to the store or wherever to get it.

If I'm ordering replacement parts for my car and I can wait a few days or a week, I like to use http://www.rockauto.com. They have pretty good pricing, and the parts usually end up at my door in 2-3 days. I like to shop for anything I can online, you can almost always get something cheaper than going to the store or wherever to get it.

H-U-S-T-L-E-R

• Upvote 1

bout a decade ago a little blonde girl was going around selling magazines and my parents weren't home so I had her come in. She said she was rollin on E and she started touching me while talking and laughing and stuff and said she'd make it worth my while if I ordered some mags, so I did, and she pulled me up into my bedroom and screwed the shit out of me. I said thanks and she left, then I cancelled the subscription.

About a week later another girl came selling magazines but she was a little beat up looking. I joked about the last girl who I brought in and fucked upstairs and she said she wishes some guy would do that to her. I said haha yeah I bet. We talked for a bit but then I said okay bye. Then she said she had to use the bathroom real quick before leaving and I said sure. I went over n watched some TV.. she was in there for like 15 minutes. She finally got out and said thxbai and left. I walked over that way a bit later and it smelled fucking horrible. She left behind one single huge turd without the fan on or flushing. Fucking bitch.

Anyways, I guess I kind of hustled the first girl

• Confused 1

bout a decade ago a little blonde girl was going around selling magazines and my parents weren't home so I had her come in. She said she was rollin on E and she started touching me while talking and laughing and stuff and said she'd make it worth my while if I ordered some mags, so I did, and she pulled me up into my bedroom and screwed the shit out of me. I said thanks and she left, then I cancelled the subscription.

About a week later another girl came selling magazines but she was a little beat up looking. I joked about the last girl who I brought in and fucked upstairs and she said she wishes some guy would do that to her. I said haha yeah I bet. We talked for a bit but then I said okay bye. Then she said she had to use the bathroom real quick before leaving and I said sure. I went over n watched some TV.. she was in there for like 15 minutes. She finally got out and said thxbai and left. I walked over that way a bit later and it smelled fucking horrible. She left behind one single huge turd without the fan on or flushing. Fucking bitch.

Anyways, I guess I kind of hustled the first girl.

Lo fucking l

I want to call bullshit...I really do. But, knowing you, I completely believe it. :cool:

I try to shop at local mom and pop stores as much as possible so I don't really hussle them. Support local business bitches!

-Marc

I want to call bullshit...I really do. But, knowing you, I completely believe it. :cool:

I try to shop at local mom and pop stores as much as possible so I don't really hussle them. Support local business bitches!

-Marc

In the world of dealerships and furniture stores I don't know of many m&p operations. Only small furniture stores I know of are the ones on Morse run by Indian guys.

http://i.imgur.com/xVQ4J.jpg

It's not so much about making the hustle. A hustle leaves things out of balance and someone loses. The hustle to the hustle; is to see the situation for it's reality and choose to be part of it; things are in balance. Or, you can break away from it; beating the hustle is things are off balance. Seeking situations with balance and making them good holds value to both sides, and will always lead to more of the same. Unless, one side tries to hustle the other, meaning it's off balance and then you break contact.

Right now, I'm hustling your thoughts.

This thread drives the point home to me that it's "no country for old men" as the saying goes.

When I was growing up, many adults told me stories about my father, how he helped them, how he was a great man, an honest man, how he was someone you could count on without reservation. He was a businessman who closed deals with a handshake, not a contract drawn up by a lawyer. A prominent man who had known my father since WWII once told me that my father's word was NOT as good as gold ...... it was better than gold, ".....because the price of gold fluctuates," he said with a smile.

My father taught me that if a cashier made a mistake and gave me too much change, I needed to return the overage. "If you don't, you just found out how cheaply your integrity can be bought."

To the best of my knowledge, Dad never lied to a salesman to get a better price, he never made a fuss and went "up the ladder" to get freebies, and he never found a price for his integrity. And I can tell you that his life was filled with more true friends and good will than any amount of money could buy. I just wish I could be more like my Dad.

And this, my friends, is how you shit on the entire thread.

Bravo Doc.

This thread drives the point home to me that it's "no country for old men" as the saying goes.

When I was growing up, many adults told me stories about my father, how he helped them, how he was a great man, an honest man, how he was someone you could count on without reservation. He was a businessman who closed deals with a handshake, not a contract drawn up by a lawyer. A prominent man who had known my father since WWII once told me that my father's word was NOT as good as gold ...... it was better than gold, ".....because the price of gold fluctuates," he said with a smile.

My father taught me that if a cashier made a mistake and gave me too much change, I needed to return the overage. "If you don't, you just found out how cheaply your integrity can be bought."

To the best of my knowledge, Dad never lied to a salesman to get a better price, he never made a fuss and went "up the ladder" to get freebies, and he never found a price for his integrity. And I can tell you that his life was filled with more true friends and good will than any amount of money could buy. I just wish I could be more like my Dad.

So true! However we no longer live in a world of small mom and pop stores and people who will honestly cut you a price that's fair. You have to shop them because the mark up is retarded. In this world and economy everyone is out to get theirs and that is it. Sad....

Repped

Perfection. /thread