X treme auto sales..

The_buster

Anyone deal with or hear any thing good about them? We found a rodeo there with 87k in our price range. Also if anyone would like to swing by and check out said rodeo we would both greatly appreciate it so I don't have another civic misshap. Address is 1414 Sullivant Ave. 43223 its a silver/white rodeo. Thanks!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodeo lol.. I'll let you borrow a gun, go shoot yourself in the foot instead, it'll be less painful than owning one of those.

I just spit coke all over my computer screen at work.

To the op, I agree with everyone, you don't want a Rodeo. If your paying cash and not financing, you would get a better deal going private party anyways.

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from the rodeo/passport. Your minimal mechanical skills are no match for the gigantic shit box that is a rodeo.

All the mechanic skills in the world can't save the rear frame from disintegrating to the point where the suspension completely falls off.

And if we wanted a camry or corolla then we would be looking at those wouldn't we.

Although your post was edited, by whats left im going to guess your not to happy with the replys your getting. Heres my advice based on what you have posted previously, first off, like others have said, do yourself a HUGE favor and stay away from those rodeos. I had 2 friends that owned them and by time both hit about 120k miles, they were undriveable because they had so many problems (electrical, trans ect...).

Others on here have given you some pretty good ideas on some cars to look at, and thats perfectly fine if you dont care for the cars they reccomend, but it sounds to me like you just need to "settle" for something right now. Ive mentioned it before, but i dont know how you feel about gm stuff, but in most cases, a 95 gm is gonna be cheaper than a comparable year toyota, honda etc, but get something with a 3800 and never look back. I recently picked up a 95 olds 88 from a private sale, the car has 135k miles, body is in great shape, paint a little faded, interior is clean as can be. I paid 1700 for it, and i wouldnt hesitate to drive it to california right now.

Run run run far away. That lot is about 4 different dealers who buy shit boxes from auction and try and sell them quickly without fixing anything. I wasted my time on a 2500 I thought was a good price. I waited 2 hours for the guy to show up and I spent 30 seconds looking it over to find it was a complete rust bucket shit box.

Like I've posted in other threads we want something that's 4wd/awd and has more space. We have a car just need something we can actually haul something in.

What you want and what you need are apparently on completely different planets. You live in Ohio. A state famous for being flat and not getting a lot of weather that requires extra traction. What do you need extra space for? Is it worth the extra cost in tires and gas that AWD consumes?

I guess my main questions is, are you really that thick that you think you are smarter than 1,000 locals advising you to stay away from particular cars/dealerships/impending financial hardships?

Maybe this last time will finally convince you...it doesn't matter that you WANT something other than a Camry/Corolla/Civic/Accord. You NEED a Camry/Corolla/Civic/Accord. You in 5 years will be thanking you today for making the right choice. Just do it.

IMHO, I think you really need to have someone go with you when you look at a car to buy so you can learn the in's and out's of buying a vehicle. If you need something with some space, I would reccomend considering a hatchback. You don't want the gas mileage of any suv you can afford.

There is alot of honesty in this thread even if everyone is being brutally honest with you. Look around at what older vehicles are still on the road, and you'll see certain cars more then others, these are what you should consider. I haven't seen an old Rodeo or Passport on the road in a long time and for good reason. If you don't want to have another "Civic experience" as you call it spend some time searching on a few of these sites for reveiws.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/index.htm

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=car+reveiws&oq=car+reveiws&gs_l=serp.3..0i10l4.14179.18809.0.21257.11.11.0.0.0.0.431.2529.0j2j4j2j1.9.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.2.serp.IqTRgvezoPk&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=9db65d2dc752f13a&biw=1024&bih=505

The internet is your friend, CR is not your only resource.

Been looking at those but in our price range miles seem high and I'm affraid of any maintenance that may be needed. If taken care of will they last a good while?

If you wouldn't mind sharing your price range and whether or not you are looking for a loan then we may be able to point you down a much better path than you seem to be treading.

And I'm serious - just about anything is better than a Rodeo. A guy I work with had one until the rear suspension FELL OFF THE FUCKING THING on Morse road, with his wife driving due to the rear frame section rusting to nothing. He looked into it and its a common problem. This is after he puts tons of work and money into keeping it running. He still owed like $3,000 on the POS and simply told the bank to repo it. Then he filed for bankruptcy.

Keep that in mind when you look at that Rodeo. Or better yet, give us a price range and we'll suggest what will stay on the road for the least amount of money, while still being able to haul your family around. And maybe you will get lucky and someone on here will have the right car for you for sale.

Or better yet, give us a price range and we'll suggest what will stay on the road for the least amount of money, while still being able to haul your family around. And maybe you will get lucky and someone on here will have the right car for you for sale.

+1

There are great folks on here that work in about every auto industry and can point you in the right direction if they know what you are working with.

If you wouldn't mind sharing your price range and whether or not you are looking for a loan then we may be able to point you down a much better path than you seem to be treading.

All that would be too easy and wouldn't prompt a mass flame war.