X treme auto sales..

The_buster

Price range is 2500-3800. Would like to stay under 130k if possible. We are getting 4100 but would like to save some back for my pos. Hatchbacks are first choice but we will look at all options. Deffinately needs to be auto and four door though. Thanks for the help!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Or better yet, give us a price range and we'll suggest what will stay on the road for the least amount of money, while still being able to haul your family around. And maybe you will get lucky and someone on here will have the right car for you for sale.

+1000

holy cow, just listen to the guys on here. some people are just hell bent on making horrible auto decisions and they are ALWAYS the exact people who cannot afford to do that. my advice is to go just a bit below your budget and save the rest for potential repairs, as opposed to sinking it into some other car.

there's a time and place for having 'toys'. you are not in that time or place at this point in your life. no offense intended

stay away from 2003 neons. they are prone to transmission troubles because that is the first year they switched transmission models to electronically controlled. 2000-2002 are basically the same as 1st gen neons and 2004+ is when they fixed everything.

Price range is 2500-3800. Would like to stay under 130k if possible. We are getting 4100 but would like to save some back for my pos. Hatchbacks are first choice but we will look at all options. Deffinately needs to be auto and four door though. Thanks for the help!

It's going to be hard to find something with less than 130k, auto and a hatchback for 3800.

I had a 2001 Impala, and put that thing through the paces. I owned it from 16-18 and i'd say 80% of the time I was flooring it, I'm not joking. All I did was oil changes, and brake pads/ rotors for 2 years. The only issue those ever had was the valve cover gaskets leaked a little from the factory, and lower intake gaskets were prone to failure as well.. Both are fairly easy fixes. I loved that thing, and wouldn't hesitate to buy one for a daily when funds allow. Massive cars, I could slide the drivers seat all the way back and almost drive with my leg's straight (I was 6'5" at the time.)

We do like those, but I heard the gas mileage is bad. ? And moving the seat back would make it so I cant do anything.... 5'5" ftl.. lol

I dont know where you heard that. I have 2 h bodies ( alot of the same thing as an impala, grand prix, regal, only bigger) same motors and everything (3800 v6) and i get between 18-20 around town on average and around 30 on the highway (my 2000 bonneville has seen 32)

We do like those, but I heard the gas mileage is bad. ? And moving the seat back would make it so I cant do anything.... 5'5" ftl.. lol

I'm being completely serious that in most of the cars (not trucks, SUV's or whatever the hell else) you are looking at will produce decent fuel economy numbers. 9 times out of 10, the car isn't the problem with fuel consumption, it's the driver. Learn to drive economically, profit.

I'm being completely serious that in most of the cars (not trucks, SUV's or whatever the hell else) you are looking at will produce decent fuel economy numbers. 9 times out of 10, the car isn't the problem with fuel consumption, it's the driver. Learn to drive economically, profit.

This.

Im startng to think your confused as to what you want. First you want reliable, but pick one of the biggest POS's on the road, now your wanting something big and are concerned about fuel efficiency. You need to take a step back and really figure out what you MUST have out of the vehicle and go from there.

So you don't want a camry/accord/corolla/civic because you need a big 4wd suv yet you are looking at GM products that are much worse and just as expensive. Just hurry up and get something so I can be entertained by the brake down thread. :dumb:

If you wouldn't mind sharing your price range and whether or not you are looking for a loan then we may be able to point you down a much better path than you seem to be treading.

And I'm serious - just about anything is better than a Rodeo. A guy I work with had one until the rear suspension FELL OFF THE FUCKING THING on Morse road, with his wife driving due to the rear frame section rusting to nothing. He looked into it and its a common problem. This is after he puts tons of work and money into keeping it running. He still owed like $3,000 on the POS and simply told the bank to repo it. Then he filed for bankruptcy.

Keep that in mind when you look at that Rodeo. Or better yet, give us a price range and we'll suggest what will stay on the road for the least amount of money, while still being able to haul your family around. And maybe you will get lucky and someone on here will have the right car for you for sale.

Yep when I worked at Honda we got the passports (rebadged rodeo) in for recalls on the rear frame rusting apart and most of them were unrepairable - honda just paid the vehicle owners for their hunk of metal. I suggested a subaru, toyota, or honda. Look into older CRV's, nissan pathfinder, outback, etc.

You'll be glad you didnt buy the rodeo.

What's weird is when looking at reviews, we found 1 or 2 bad ones and most were 4 stars. Kind of sucks too because they were under 100k in our price.

yea, but thats with any car bud. you can lucky/screwed with anything. and in most cases, the 10% that had good luck with those vehicles, wrote reviews, the ones who didnt, just sold them off and didnt worry about it. my point is, dont ever trust that kind of stuff written by your every day average joe as most have no clue what they are talking about.

again, look at mid 90's GM cars with a series 2 3800 in them. GM cars dont hold value for shit, so they are cheap to pick up and are (usually) great all around cars. not to mention parts for them are extremely cheap, hell any junk yard with probably have 30+ cars there with these drive trains in them.

If interior space is a main concern look at an older minivan like a voyager / caravan / town and country. There is like a million of them on the road, basic maintenance is easy, fuel economy is fair but there is a shit ton of space on the inside and if you need something good in the winter just throw winter tires on it?

My buddy drove his step-dad's used, beat up caravan and that thing was a champ. huge on the inside, ran well and was cheap. I dont know of any common problems so you might want to look into it, but it fits most of your criteria for your price range.

and dont be afraid of the stigma of a guy driving a minivan... plenty of guys bang teenage girls in the back of minivans all the time, they're called pedophiles.

As stated earlier.. buy an older, high mileage CR-V and move on. Easy to find, cheap to maintain, meets most/all of your requirements, and one less thing to worry about.

You will thank yourself later.

good choice but resale value on older honda's is stupid high and im sure would be for a 4wd crv with alot of miles on it too.

Get a pilot or a older mdx then. You can find a pilot for around 4-6k with a little higher milliage. 140-155k Take care of it and it'll run forever. Every Honda I've owned has been a 200k plus car and ran great. CRv good to look at too.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3610284780.html

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3495855171.html