Mid Ohio HPDE / Lapping Day!

theweiser1

Deposit sent. Thanks for the email Shawn, I really hope this goes thru as its exactly what people have been asking for with regard to Mid Ohio track time.

Thanks! Not a problem on the email. I have a lot of drivers that attend my events at Nelson and Putnam ask for a Mid-Ohio event so I'm hoping they rally and we get the 50 deposits. If things go well we might be able to put together a multiday event in 2014 with this new partnership.

Thanks again for all those who have signed up so far! If you have not pre-registered do it now.

http://autointerests.com/content/autointerests-2013-mid-ohio-event-deposit

April 12-14 - Ohio Valley PCA

April 19-21 - Mid Ohio PCA

April 26-28 - NASA Great Lakes

May 3-5 - Northern Ohio PCA

May 17-19 - Northern New Jersey PCA

June 21-23 - Audi Club **These guys have a FANTASTIC beginner program**

July 5-7 - Mid Ohio Region PCA **Club race weekend no beginner groups available**

July 26-28 - NASA Great Lakes

August 23-25 NASA Great Lakes

September 20-22 - Allegheny Region PCA

September 27-29 - Northern Ohio PCA

October 11-13 - Ohio Valley PCA

I've only done 3 days there and it was the club course, and I agree with your men/boys comment. I think I spent the first day braking before the chicane, then the second day lifting before the chicane, then the third day flat out going into it... but got a little dirt on the wheels one lap. I went back to lifting a tad :) It's a fun stretch of track.

Also, anything to make the track twistier is better for, ah, horsepower-challenged cars like mine.

What will the rules for this be like? Will it be treated like an HPDE?

I know nathan would be intersted, but he doesnt want to be on track with a bunch of pepole who are just there to flex thier muscles and drive like jerks. (this always makes him nervous about non HDPE events)

Also what is the refund policy on deposits?

What will the rules for this be like? Will it be treated like an HPDE?

I know nathan would be intersted, but he doesnt want to be on track with a bunch of pepole who are just there to flex thier muscles and drive like jerks. (this always makes him nervous about non HDPE events)

Also what is the refund policy on deposits?

With regards to rules passing is by point by and only in the straights or approved passing zones. We have a 0 tolerance for aggressive driving! This is a lapping day, not a race. We typically give one warning and then they have to sit out for the remainder of the session (they will be black flagged and brought in).

You can ask others that have attended our events in the past its a very laid back crew and group of drivers.

The good news, WE JUST HIT 50 DRIVERS! This event is OFFICIALLY going to happen. Registrations are coming in very fast, I fully expect that we will reach our 75 driver limit very soon. If you have NOT pre-registered and want to attend this event I recommend securing your spot now.

You can secure your spot here.

http://autointerests.com/content/autointerests-2013-mid-ohio-event-deposit

I will be posting another thread later tonight and sending out an email to the distribution however you guys are the first to know this! Registrations are coming in fast and I want to make sure all of the CR drivers get a chance to secure a spot for this event.

Shawn

Registered.

I'm surprised DOT helmets are allowed, but I have a M rated helmet, so I'm good there.

I do have a question about harnesses. The FAQ says no 4-points, but the stock belts are fine. I have the Schroth Rallye 3 belts in my car.

http://www.schrothracing.com/tuning/rallye/rallye-3

They have an Anti-Submarine device in the inside shoulder belt that lets the body move like the stock belt to prevent submarining. It also conforms to Fenderal Motor Carier standard 209 for safety belts. Will I be able to use my harnesses at the event?