OVR Fun Event - Sat. March 30

bmwohio

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pics of me :(

46.4 is the fastest for me today. Video is being edited and will be posted. I was fighting it all day. Understeer turned into oversteer in the blink of the eye. The car and tires did not like the cold.

Power was virtually impossible to put down today.

Ended 2/13 in RTR, 12/100 in PAX

It was fun watching you wrestle that thing around the course.

Thanks Jones

Looking at that really helps my decision of "should I buy a GoPro?". Looks like it would be really handy to see where I'm screwing up.

Yea. Depending on where you put it you can see how your inputs are going and what it does to your line and car

I'm glad I finally got to put a name to a face for a bunch of you yesterday. It was nice meeting you all. I'm sorry I wan't more available for ride alongs and such, the first event is always a busy one.

I thought the course flowed very nicely yesterday, and there was definitely a 'line' that should have been taken, and I just didn't have my head in it yesterday and couldn't find it. With 100 entries and 40 of those being novices, I was too worried about running a smooth event. Oh well, that's what seat time and future events are for......

Here is one of my more 'fun' runs from yesterday while giving a ride to someone. I think this run was a 45.9......

Looking at that really helps my decision of "should I buy a GoPro?". Looks like it would be really handy to see where I'm screwing up.

my fastest run of 46.0 in Draco's car

Draco's driving

compare my driving to a 43.7in a FRS with better driver and better prep

me

http://bingo67.smugmug.com/Cars/Autocross-30-Mar-2013/i-gfpH3Rp/0/X3/_JHB4730-X3.jpg

I'm glad I finally got to put a name to a face for a bunch of you yesterday. It was nice meeting you all. I'm sorry I wan't more available for ride alongs and such, the first event is always a busy one.

I thought the course flowed very nicely yesterday, and there was definitely a 'line' that should have been taken, and I just didn't have my head in it yesterday and couldn't find it. With 100 entries and 40 of those being novices, I was too worried about running a smooth event. Oh well, that's what seat time and future events are for......

Here is one of my more 'fun' runs from yesterday while giving a ride to someone. I think this run was a 45.9......

I can slightly see myself and my dad standing by the pavilion in this video! Random q, is the drivers' school required after you become an SCCA member, before you can do autocross?

Ah shoot, I should have asked who was from the forum at the event. Only guy I remember is Jones. I was gridded up next to you in the black... rough... Miata.

Jones: Any thought in getting some track tires and putting all that power into the pavement? It was fun as hell watching you launch.

I'm looking forward to OVR posting the results.

Ah shoot, I should have asked who was from the forum at the event. Only guy I remember is Jones. I was gridded up next to you in the black... rough... Miata.

Jones: Any thought in getting some track tires and putting all that power into the pavement? It was fun as hell watching you launch.

I'm looking forward to OVR posting the results.

Working on that as we speak.

Really just need to learn to drive in a sane manner.

Turns out there is more than just WOT!

How do you go about assigning instructors for the 4/13 school?

We try and match up our instructors with students who drive or have driven similar cars. You are more than welcome to request instructors, but we can't make any promises.

You met Jerry today at the end of the event. Black guy piloting the land yacht.

I'm just glad i didn't sink the SHOboat. I know the GTR drive did tell me he go some good pix if me, and was turning them in before he left saturday. So it we should have some more up soon.

I'm just glad i didn't sink the SHOboat. I know the GTR drive did tell me he go some good pix if me, and was turning them in before he left saturday. So it we should have some more up soon.

Yea OVR should be hosting all of the images and will get them up sooner or later. They are usually pretty good about that stuff and getting it up quick.

Results are up BTW:

Class: http://ovr-scca.org/uploads/ax_results/2013/FN_fin_2013-03-30.htm

PAX: http://ovr-scca.org/uploads/ax_results/2013/FN_pax_2013-03-30.htm

RAW: http://ovr-scca.org/uploads/ax_results/2013/FN_raw_2013-03-30.htm

I can say one thing i learned saturday is i don't need to any more power to the car. I need to work on keeping the cars transition under control. As fun as my spin out was i don't want to make a habit of doing that.

Nice to meet you BTW!

It was nice meeting you too. It was great to get to see the TTRS in person.

I can say one thing i learned saturday is i don't need to any more power to the car. I need to work on keeping the cars transition under control. As fun as my spin out was i don't want to make a habit of doing that.

It was nice meeting you too. It was great to get to see the TTRS in person.

that is NOT something that is easy to do with a big girl like that......More Mass is never your friend when trying to corner faster

but you did good :)