At what point do you say GTFA from my bike

wrillo

There was an episode of Sons of Anarchy where a guy was sitting on one of the gang's bike getting his picture taken by his girlfriend.

The bike owner walked up and said "here, I'll take your picture", did, told him "before" as the guy looked at him, puzzled. The owner then proceeded to smack him across the face with his helmet a few times, kicked him while he was down, and took his picture again. "After". He then rode off with the dude's girlfriend.

That is how you respond to someone sitting on your bike. :)

:lol: owned

linky?

Can't find it. It was a utube. Utube is now littered with GTA clips from geeks on the motorcycle.

It was two videos from a webcam watching the bike. The first one, the guy walks over and sits on it and tries it out. Forks are locked. edit: he uses his foot and snaps the fork lock.

The second one, he's brought a truck back, sits on the bike, and rolls it over to the truck and gone.

My favorite is one from overseas, where two guys in a minivan pull up on a street full of pedestrians, and try to jam a bike in the side door (rear seat is still in there). It took them a while, but they got it.

I'll post them later if I find it again.

Edited by ReconRat
fork lock snapped in first vid

Has anyone on here ever had a chick check out your bike and gotten nervous?? I think most women don't invoke those sorts of feelings when they're checking out motorcycles. Its funny how a gender difference can change so much.

oh hell no, chicks checking out our bikes turn us on.....

but wait... I found the flicks, had to drop the word "theft". Was getting GTA stuff.

This happened in Prague:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMVtKYBt5Q0&feature=PlayList&p=26EE7FEC94BD4664&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-_mJVllxKI&feature=PlayList&p=26EE7FEC94BD4664&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=48

Motorcycle theft is huge in Europe, now that the borders are gone.

Funny one, almost caught:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my5kEvfhpwY&feature=PlayList&p=26EE7FEC94BD4664&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=49

Can't find the one stuffing bike in minivan...

Edited by ReconRat
goofed vid link fixed it

i'd definitely say something. pound on the window real loud til he looks up then just cross your arms and give him the "no" nod until he leavs

or get a proximity or sensitive tilt alarm that will start a little pre-alarm beeping when people are nearby. but yeah, i always park mine outside my managers office so he can keep an eye on it while i'm out.

What would you do if you left your car unlocked and saw someone sitting in your car.. How about your house.. you come home and someone is just "sitting" on your couch..

All the same thing in my mind it it warrants a severe ass beating.

I use lasers at night to move the kids away from scoping the cars. They run and never come back. It works so good, I bough a batch of cheapo lasers and handed them out to the neighbors, and told them what to do. Lasers work right through the window glass. For some reason, kids and bandits avoid this area...

No one should sit on your motorcycle without permission. No exceptions. Feel free to react in a nearly violent manner when they even think about it.

+100 I was thinking laser pointers too, but probably less effective during the day.

Oh, and +1 for the violence too.

Wait a minute . . . someone looked at a 919 and still wanted to sit on it? :roll:

LAWZ :lol:

There was an episode of Sons of Anarchy where a guy was sitting on one of the gang's bike getting his picture taken by his girlfriend.

The bike owner walked up and said "here, I'll take your picture", did, told him "before" as the guy looked at him, puzzled. The owner then proceeded to smack him across the face with his helmet a few times, kicked him while he was down, and took his picture again. "After". He then rode off with the dude's girlfriend.

Great episode... don't forget the part where he takes his old lady and uses her up too... lol

So I rode into work today, and every time I do I park my bike right outside the window of my office. I work on the second floor, but having my bike in my sight all day makes me feel better about it. There is very little foot traffic through our parking lot, but occasionally people do go by and a lot of people check out the bike. Well just a couple minutes ago someone walked up to my bike with a stride that would have made you think he owned it. He just stopped and looked at it but at one point I could tell he considered sitting on it. Then I got to thinking, what would I do if he did? I'm on the second floor, so it'd take me a minute to get down there. Then I'd have to as nicely as possible ask him not to sit on the bike, but I feel like that might make me seem like a dick no matter my demeanor. So where do you guys draw the line? What do you do to keep people from messing with your bike when you're not with it? and how would you handle catching someone sitting on your bike? When is it appropriate to say "hey, get the f* off my bike"

Obviously there are proximity alarms... but they're kinda $$$

Guess I dont care if people think I'm a dick. It's ALWAYS appropriate to say "get the fuck off my bike" They didn't pay for it. They gonna let me straddle their GF and see how comfy she is?

Wait a minute . . . someone looked at a 919 and still wanted to sit on it? :roll:

I've been zinged, still feeling the pain...

But mind you, if you want to play StreetFighter, you're gonna lose.

Besides, my wheelies are better than your wheelies...:grin:

I never ride to work because it's nothing great for me to ride across town for 4-5 miles only, so I don't do it anymore. I did once back in 2004 and a stupid fucker tried to sit on it and I ripped into him verbally and he knew I wasn't playing around. He looked like he was going to fucking cry, damn pussy. After that I ignored his existence because I just knew how stupid he really was because of him trying to sit on my bike. After that, I realized that I don't need to ride it to work anymore. I normally only use my bikes for rides or going to someones house, not to let it sit in public. The public that doesn't ride are so ignorant it just pisses me off.

Also, I hate going into work and being asked if I rode this past weekend. Or constantly being asked every fucking gawddamn day, "did you get your bike out today?". Seriously? Why the fuck does it matter to you? You ask me the same fucking shit every fucking summer day for the past couple years! Get a new opening line already to talk to me or just shut the fuck up! Because honestly I'd rather you not talk to me at all if all you're going to do is talk about bikes when you don't even ride one!:rant:

Sorry for the rant. ;)

Can't find it. It was a utube. Utube is now littered with GTA clips from geeks on the motorcycle.

It was two videos from a webcam watching the bike. The first one, the guy walks over and sits on it and tries it out. Forks are locked. edit: he uses his foot and snaps the fork lock.

The second one, he's brought a truck back, sits on the bike, and rolls it over to the truck and gone.

I remember seeing that video. Its link was posted in a thread about bike thefts around town last summer.

I took a customers bike to a show one time and when I took it out after the show to load it a guy walked up and said "nice bike" and promptly sat on it. Stood the bike up like he was gonna ride it and bounce up and down on the seat a couple times to see if it was comfy............... I didn't have a chance to say anything before my buddy (truck driver) unloaded on his ass for being such a f'k stick. I would rip anybody a new one for sittn on my ride!!!!!!!!! If the dip does'nt have a clue and wants to pretend to own a motorcycle for a couple minutes, what the hell would ya do if he got it off balance and dropped it. Nope, would rather look like an a'hole that have some wanna be screw up what I have put a good deal of money and time into. Guess that is why I am puttin a alarm on mine this year.

that was the patch over episode the bike was jax's and it was jax that smashed the guy in the face with his lid.

I normally only use my bikes for rides or going to someones house, not to let it sit in public.

I ride my bike everywhere. I already have over 8000 miles on my bike. So its a little more of an issue for me