Another "CR help me find a car" thread...

90G60

Bored at work? Help me shop!

Sold the Corrado, and went to drive an Athens blue manual G35 coupe last night. Seller had someone else coming to look at the car after I left. I made him an offer before leaving. Unfortunately, she knew all of this, and offered 1k over my offer.

Now I'm back to square one. I'd really like an 06 G35 coupe, but manuals are hard to find.

Criteria:

-must be 04 or newer

-must be manual

-must be RWD or AWD

-would like it to be a coupe, but needs to have a backseat

-prefer to keep it under 16k

-can't be a Mustang or Camaro

A friend is trying to convince me that GTO would be perfect. I'm planning on driving this in the winter occasionally, but it's main purpose will be auto-x and track days.

I've got to be forgetting something. 350z is out due to it not having a backseat. Older CTS-V's are a little pricey even with high miles. Audi TT's feel dated, not looking for a MK iv VW.

I'm prepared to make a purchase in the next few days if I can find the right car. Is there another "fun" car that I'm not considering?

I suck at searching apparently. I update Craigslist with Autotempest.com probably 12 times a day and have never seen that posting.

e39 M5 or e36 M3? You may be able to get a littler higher mileage newer M3 in that price range...

-Marc

Was originally looking at E36 M3's. Since I'm financing I need to try and keep it newer to keep my interest rate in-check.

I suck at searching apparently. I update Craigslist with Autotempest.com probably 12 times a day and have never seen that posting.

Was originally looking at E36 M3's. Since I'm financing I need to try and keep it newer to keep my interest rate in-check.

Credit unions will give you pretty good interest rates even on older vehicles. I financed my 02 a4 at a rate of 3.5%. :megusta:

bump your budget...buy my old E46 M3, it's probably the most perfect, well maintained '02 E46 M3 in existance and it's already setup well enough for what you want to do with it.

Adam's down to 19k asking price which is smokin for the car you get...I can't stress how perfect it is for what you are looking to do....cept I'im kinda pissed at the thought that it'd see snow or actually have people in the backseat. I actually took the seat belts OUT of the rear of the car just so that I had an excuse to never put anyone back there...it never ever ever had people back there. I owned it 7.5 years and at points it got detailed more than it got driven.

bump your budget...buy my old E46 M3, it's probably the most perfect, well maintained '02 E46 M3 in existance and it's already setup well enough for what you want to do with it.

Adam's down to 19k asking price which is smokin for the car you get...I can't stress how perfect it is for what you are looking to do....cept I'im kinda pissed at the thought that it'd see snow or actually have people in the backseat. I actually took the seat belts OUT of the rear of the car just so that I had an excuse to never put anyone back there...it never ever ever had people back there. I owned it 7.5 years and at points it got detailed more than it got driven.

Wait, the dude you sold it to is selling it again already?

I've debated this, and saw his price drop. Just not sure I can justify the payment. I already bumped it up quite a bit since I was originally planning on buying your brother's E36.

I've debated this, and saw his price drop. Just not sure I can justify the payment. I already bumped it up quite a bit since I was originally planning on buying your brother's E36.

I know...but I'm telling you it's the right car and the right fit. Sling some rock on the side to justify it.

IF I wasn't building a house I'd buy it back...I miss that car ALOT. Little heavy for auto-x, but we called that car the "Hero Maker" at the track. It's soo easy and pleasurable to drive fast. It's already setup just re-align put some rubber on it and go.

I know...but I'm telling you it's the right car and the right fit. Sling some rock on the side to justify it.

IF I wasn't building a house I'd buy it back...I miss that car ALOT. Little heavy for auto-x, but we called that car the "Hero Maker" at the track. It's soo easy and pleasurable to drive fast. It's already setup just re-align put some rubber on it and go.

I agree with everything being said here. I would love to sell you my M3, but honestly his old e46 is EVERYTHING you want. It won't be knocking people's socks off in auto-x, but will be plenty of fun there, and when you're ready to go to the track it'll be the best decision you've ever made.

I swore that car was going to be mine someday and it burns me that I just can't justify it. If I didn't have a 2nd child on the way and a need to tow my FD to the track, that M3 would be mine already and I would have gladly paid the $21k he was asking for it.

Make it happen, you couldn't ask for a better car for that little amount of money. Rare to buy a locally owned car by a CR member that you know was taken care of better than most children are. :fuckyeah:

orly??

Do you really need another car? :megusta:

genesis coupe v6

Hadn't considered this, I'll see what's out there. Somehow every time I saw Hyundai I kept scrolling.

I really like the RX-8. Drive one before making a purchase decision. Do you have kids?

I thought about it. Have always had the understanding that these cars are incredibly high maintenance with not enough power to outweigh the costs.

'7 or '8 only Z33 for the HR engine, but $16k is a bit low; can you bump it to $18k ?

CTS-V? If I bump it to 18k I will buy the beautiful M3 that has taken over this thread.

Great info here, thanks! Should have posted this weeks ago.

CTS-V? If I bump it to 18k I will buy the beautiful M3 that has taken over this thread.

Great info here, thanks! Should have posted this weeks ago.

What's the payment difference between 16k and 19k? I would say it is definitely worth it for that car. If I needed something else I would go buy Andy's M.

-Marc

Matt,

If you buy anything other than Andy's E46, we'll find you and beat you up.

Love,

CR Lynch Mob.

Working on it. Sent some numbers to my banker at the credit union to see if it's a real possibility. Feel free to send me a donation towards the down payment.

I'll be the tool that says don't stretch your budget for a car.

You already said you pushed it up to get to 16, now people want you to raise it almost 20% again to get to the 19k for the M3.

There are plenty of good cars out there, just have to look.

Will this be your only car? why would a track/autox focused car need to be 4 seater?

Do you have a daily?

I'd try VERY hard to get a mint e36 m3 for my budget before stretching it outside imo.