Shop Car? What to build?

99StockGT

Been kicking this around internally for a while wanted to branch out and see what the car community thinks, so I guess you all will do.

Looking to do a car build as a shop/show car, most likely going something Chevy 350/LS since parts can probably be picked up from random pieces in my parking lot. The big question is...

What to build it from? :dumb:

We want to use something unique with plenty of room under the hood to work, something already RWD cause...well just cause. Plenty of room inside for people/stuff as this will probably be doing a bit of show duty and needs to hold swag for give aways plus other stuff. Also not looking to spend an arm and a toe, this isn't going to be a $50k+ race car.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LS1 in an SC400 lets you stand in the engine bay in front of the engine to do work....or hide. Or put a big turbo kit on. Lol. Hasn't been done in Columbus. LS1/240, LS1/RX7 and turbo LSx/IS300 have already been done in Columbus. LS1 in a Jeep hasn't been done....yet....just waiting for my current motor to blow haha.

LSx motor's are too good not to swap it in something. SO many aftermarket parts and reliability is fantastic too. But you already know this. :)

I have Conquest/Starion LS1 swap kit on my wishlist. Just saying. You can pick up a roller for dirt cheap. Fab up new crossmember, steering solution, and trans support. Sell kit. Get noticed and profit?!?!?!?! :-)

I could be your first swap kit customer.

LS1 in an SC400 lets you stand in the engine bay in front of the engine to do work....or hide. Or put a big turbo kit on. Lol. Hasn't been done in Columbus. LS1/240, LS1/RX7 and turbo LSx/IS300 have already been done in Columbus. LS1 in a Jeep hasn't been done....yet....just waiting for my current motor to blow haha.

LSx motor's are too good not to swap it in something. SO many aftermarket parts and reliability is fantastic too. But you already know this. :)

wouldnt be exactly a shop car imo, why build something that you can just go to another company and basically buy a bolt on system.

Find a blown up RX8 (Shouldnt be hard) and turbo ls1 that. be a pretty sweet shop car IMO, plus it has the half doors for the back seats and whatnot, should help carrying free swag around.

Or you could grab the 72 cutlass supreme for sale on here and TT LS1 that thing, thatd be sweet too.

I'm going to have to change my vote to an auto AWD converted s10 with a LS1 and of course with a turbo.

It has already been done, but going down to texas for tk14 and doing a video while putting in work will bring attention to the shop.

Like the lowered dually suggestion. Also think suburban or the older 2dr Tahoes lowered.

For a car, what about a VIP style ls400 or 430 with an lsx swap.

E34 or e39 5 series with ls swap.

Volvo 240 wagon or any cool older Volvo...